Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Delay due to loading luggage; missed connection

Delay due to loading luggage; missed connection

Old Aug 19, 2012, 9:25 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by PWMRamper
It's a glitch. Back in June all of our delay codes switched to new ones. I don't think the system to decode those has been updated, as things from ramp delays to slow boarding will show up as "Airport Conditions."

It's not like UA is intentionally mis-coding delays, the system just isn't interpreting them right.

If the flight is the one I think it is (1234), the delay was coded to late inbound aircraft, and load planning/weight and balance. So rest assured, it's not anything malicious.
Much appreciated, PWMRamper. You are correct on the flight number. I'll relay the info to my family.
Old Aug 19, 2012, 9:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Originally Posted by PWMRamper
It's a glitch. Back in June all of our delay codes switched to new ones. I don't think the system to decode those has been updated, as things from ramp delays to slow boarding will show up as "Airport Conditions."

It's not like UA is intentionally mis-coding delays, the system just isn't interpreting them right.

If the flight is the one I think it is (1234), the delay was coded to late inbound aircraft, and load planning/weight and balance. So rest assured, it's not anything malicious.

While the intent may not be malicious, lack of corrective action on a known item after several months may be negligent.

The delay codes were changed in June. If the systems were tested correctly, end to end, there would have been no visible impact. It's sad that front-liners and customers have to know these things more than 2 months post implementation.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.