HYD-SEA *A economy award

Old Aug 14, 2012, 1:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: Curr Noob, Ex Road Warrior
HYD-SEA *A economy award

Hi,

I am looking to book an economy award from HYD-SEA at the end of August and the dates are relatively flexible. What is the best way I can search on united website or expert flyer to find a low level saver ticket? What segments should I be looking for? I was looking for HYD-FRA-SEA on LH but that doesn't seem to be available. Is LH still running nonstop HYD-FRA segment? Also is the $75 close in fee only for flights with in 14 days or 21 days? Appreciate some pointers.

Thanks
Ik.
Old Aug 14, 2012, 1:55 am

Programs: UA 1K 2MM
Originally Posted by ikonos
Hi,

I am looking to book an economy award from HYD-SEA at the end of August and the dates are relatively flexible. What is the best way I can search on united website or expert flyer to find a low level saver ticket? What segments should I be looking for? I was looking for HYD-FRA-SEA on LH but that doesn't seem to be available. Is LH still running nonstop HYD-FRA segment? Also is the $75 close in fee only for flights with in 14 days or 21 days? Appreciate some pointers.

Thanks
Ik.
The close-in fee for non elites is for flights within 21 days. Here is the link to the rules:

http://www.united.com/web/en-US/cont...ticketing.aspx

Another option to fly from HYD-SEA is taking TG via BKK. You might want to just play with a dummy booking on the website to see what is available. Checking on 28Aug there is saver availability HYD-BKK-NRT-SEA.

Good luck.
Old Aug 14, 2012, 1:57 am

Programs: AC SE, UA PLAT, EK GOLD, Hilton Diamond
HYD-SEA *A economy award

You would be much better off trying to find something ex Bom or del. hyd doesn't have very many options. Also the dates you are looking for fall in the summer period with very little availability. If you are flexible try looking from mid sept onwards.
Old Aug 14, 2012, 2:04 am
Original Poster

I am trying to have the travel completed as early as possible. My start is from HYD but I dont mind connecting via BOM/DEL or any other gateway as long as the HYD-Gateway is included in the ticket.

@SunBurntCountry Yes, I was looking at that as well and was about to reserve/hold it and the united website wouldn't recognize my US address for payment. Its a new address and united has problems recognizing it somehow.
Old Aug 14, 2012, 2:11 am

Programs: UA 1K 2MM
I am trying to have the travel completed as early as possible. My start is from HYD but I dont mind connecting via BOM/DEL or any other gateway as long as the HYD-Gateway is included in the ticket.

@SunBurntCountry Yes, I was looking at that as well and was about to reserve/hold it and the united website wouldn't recognize my US address for payment. Its a new address and united has problems recognizing it somehow.
Try putting it on 24hr hold by paying for it in cash. Then call UA and have them ticket it. They should be able to waive the telephone service charge if you explain to them the error you are getting.
Old Aug 14, 2012, 2:25 am
uwr

Programs: AS MVP Gold75K

Actually, availability to HYD is significantly better than to DEL, BOM, MAA, or BLR, at least during peak periods. I just booked for a friend, and awards were available to HYD during the summer and holiday periods. There was scant Saver availability for the other cities.

Microsoft has a large presence at HYD. Is that why you're going from SEA?

LH stopped HYD service last fall. Now, you will need to take an itinerary such as:

UA-QR or AC-QR SEA-(IAH/IAD/JFK/YUL)-DOH-HYD
or
TG/ANA or TG/UA BKK-ICN-SFO or BKK-NRT-(SEA/SFO/LAX)-SEA (last leg if needed).
There are also connections via BKK/China, but the layovers are long.

Just today I booked a business class award for a friend and it was painful because of the phantom availability discussed in another thread about QR awards. I got LAX-YUL-DOH-HYD on AC/QR and HYD-BKK-NRT-LAX on TG/ANA. Includes the A380 from BKK-NRT.

Go to the UA website and book online. Phantom availability on QR will make this a difficult process. On the payment page, instead of paying, you should click on the link for phone reservations. If that gives you an error, it means that no seats are available. If it gives you a reservation number, then you can finalize the seat by going to "manage reservations" and purchasing the ticket (you need to pay the fees).

Originally Posted by SunBurntCountry
Try putting it on 24hr hold by paying for it in cash. Then call UA and have them ticket it. They should be able to waive the telephone service charge if you explain to them the error you are getting.
This will also help you weed out phantom availability on QR.

Last edited by iluv2fly; Aug 14, 2012 at 5:42 am Reason: merge
Old Aug 14, 2012, 7:33 pm
Original Poster

I was worried the only saver award on 28th would disappear so I eventually got it to ticket on TG/NH HYD-BKK-NRT-SEA routing. As I worried, as soon as I booked the ticket, the saver award disappeared.
Old Aug 15, 2012, 3:47 pm
uwr

Programs: AS MVP Gold75K
Seems to have worked out well.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.