Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Upgrade still waitlisted even though R (now PZ) class is available {Archive}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Upgrade still waitlisted even though R (now PZ) class is available {Archive}

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2015, 8:18 am

Programs: UA GS 1.7MM, AA 2.1MM, EK, BA, SQ, CX, Marriot LT, Accor P
Originally Posted by Bruin1K
Could someone please tell me how I can check to see if there is R availibity or at least direct me to a link that gives instructions? Much appreciated!
You need to turn on expert mode in your profile and then run a flight search for your current flight. You will see that fare class is now underlined as a link - when you click on fare class it will show a small window with the fare classes available for that flight.
Old Jun 21, 2015, 10:54 am

Originally Posted by UA-NYC
Just sniped a seat on a PS flight today (was J2R1, and of course there are a dozen people waitlisted). Sorry #s 1-3 ahead of me on the UG list...but as long as UA is trying to sell these seats on the cheap vs. upgrade any of "us", I don't feel that guilty anymore as there was no way they were going all the way to the gate.
Never feel guilty about getting upgraded. Save it for life's big moral issues.
Old Jun 21, 2015, 11:59 am
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by Bruin1K
Could someone please tell me how I can check to see if there is R availibity or at least direct me to a link that gives instructions? Much appreciated!
This is from an older post and I think it should still work

1. Go to united.com > My Account
  2. Select “Manage Profile”
  3. In the Preferences section, select “View All Flight Search Preferences”
  4. In the Expert Mode section, read and acknowledge the customer advisements
  5. Click “Save” at the bottom of the page
Old Jun 21, 2015, 12:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by JetAway
Never feel guilty about getting upgraded. Save it for life's big moral issues.
No guilt whatsoever, trust me

Looks like a HOD snagged the last seat.
Old Jun 21, 2015, 12:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by Kacee
Did it clear?...
Yes, somewhere between T-36 and T-24. Looks like a few NRSAs might make it up front. I'm tempted to see if agent will give me 3-across in E+ in exchange for my F. Plenty of room to do so.

Last edited by IAH-OIL-TRASH; Jun 21, 2015 at 3:09 pm
Old Jul 9, 2015, 4:26 pm

A couple of weeks ago: TLV-EWR, I was about #6 on the waitlist, at about T-3 it went to R1. Called up, canceled and redeposited the GPU, then called in again to apply it.
Old Jul 27, 2015, 3:34 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
R space was opened up (R=2) for my EWR-HKG flight this morning. Called an agent (answered with "elite 1K line") and the agent said that computer would clear my upgrade automatically. So, I gave this computer aka SHARES 10 hours to work, but nothing happened. I called 1K line again and was answered with "Premier 1K line" this afternoon. It took this agent 1-2 min to clear my upgrade (with R=1). Happy travels.
Old Jul 27, 2015, 3:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Originally Posted by Kmxu
R space was opened up (R=2) for my EWR-HKG flight this morning. Called an agent (answered with "elite 1K line") and the agent said that computer would clear my upgrade automatically. So, I gave this computer aka SHARES 10 hours to work, but nothing happened. I called 1K line again and was answered with "Premier 1K line" this afternoon. It took this agent 1-2 min to clear my upgrade (with R=1). Happy travels.
wow, on a flight that long i'd have HUACA'd immediately. props to you for your patience with the "process".
Old Jul 27, 2015, 5:27 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by PV_Premier
wow, on a flight that long i'd have HUACA'd immediately. props to you for your patience with the "process".
I respected the "process" because there were a lot of unsold BF seats (> 10) on pmCO 777. I called CS agents because I really wanted a specific seat. The first agent made up some excuses such as: "i only see the alphabetic order of the upgrade list," "you will be cleared according to the right priority order." "The computer will do it job." etc. I did not argue hard with her and just hanged up.
Old Jul 27, 2015, 5:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Kmxu
I respected the "process" because there were a lot of unsold BF seats (> 10) on pmCO 777. I called CS agents because I really wanted a specific seat. The first agent made up some excuses such as: "i only see the alphabetic order of the upgrade list," "you will be cleared according to the right priority order." "The computer will do it job." etc. I did not argue hard with her and just hanged up.
agreed. What folks will argue is to 'call back ASAP' to get another agent and not wait any longer than necessary.
Old Jul 28, 2015, 4:04 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Quick question. When a UA Platinum Member (myself) is waitlisted using a RPU for a Domestic Flight (is R Space) the only Space that the RPU's clear from? Or are there any other Fare Buckets? Thanks and Safe Travels
Old Jul 28, 2015, 5:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Flying Machine
Quick question. When a UA Platinum Member (myself) is waitlisted using a RPU for a Domestic Flight (is R Space) the only Space that the RPU's clear from? Or are there any other Fare Buckets? Thanks and Safe Travels
Technically, clears from RN, which is pretty much R. Were the upgrade from a GS, it would clear from PN.
Old Jul 28, 2015, 7:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, UA LT Plat, Mar LTT
Originally Posted by aacharya
Technically, clears from RN, which is pretty much R.
For the benefit of the questioner (and others), let's be more clear and say that R=RN and be done with it. Since R replaced NC/NF, we on FT have seen exactly ZERO reported/verifiable instances where RN was greater than R.

Dave
Old Jul 28, 2015, 7:53 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by bseller
For the benefit of the questioner (and others), let's be more clear and say that R=RN and be done with it. Since R replaced NC/NF, we on FT have seen exactly ZERO reported/verifiable instances where RN was greater than R.
And upgrades don't clear into RN, they clear into R.

RN has no known current use.
Old Aug 19, 2015, 7:56 am

So, I got a different experience today.

I see that "R" space has opened up on my flight
phoned-in to get an agent to request it manually pushed through..

her: sorry sir, the computer has to do it.
me: well then, can you please cancel the upgrade?
her: haaaaing & humming, okay done.
her: it's not automatically re-depositing, I sent it in to get worked on manually

she didn't even try, and she probably did it to me on purpose.
because she knows what i'm trying to do.

I leave in 3 days, and I don't have time to wait for my GPU to be re-deposited.

HUACA

I phoned the mileage plus department and she redeposited it manually while I was still speaking to her. done in 10 seconds.

went online, reapplied the upgrade and got confirmed immediately.

Last edited by goalie; Aug 19, 2015 at 10:34 am Reason: offensive term removed

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.