Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UA---request past itinerary, how long does it take?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UA---request past itinerary, how long does it take?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16, 2012, 3:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Miles & More, Miles&Smiles, Hilton Honors
Question UA---request past itinerary, how long does it take?

Hi, I hope this is the correct forum for my question, if not, please be lenient with a FT newbie and kindly direct me to the correct forum.

In May I had two flights (4 segments in total) booked on UA. One flight consisting of two segments had the same number, UA 573. For the other flight, I paid cash for an upgrade to first class prior to online check-in. Due to technical problems, I was involuntarily rerouted on DL. I now ran into problems getting those flights credited (ORC for the rerouted ones) at LH's Miles and More.

On the UA website I found I way to request a past receipt. Does anyone know, how long this takes to be processed? I filled the form three weeks ago and until now, I haven't received anything. Fortunately, no money has been debited from my credit card yet.

Is there any other way to get a past itinerary, that ideally shows the booking classes/fare codes? Unfortunately, I didn't save anything from the UA website before the flights. If the info is necessary, I am no MilagePlus member.

Thanks in advance,

Michael
Old Jul 16, 2012, 5:13 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
Welcome to FT!
It sounds to me as you are looking in the wrong place(s).
Your profile shows you are an LH M+M member, and it seems you want to credit your UA flights to that programme?
In that case, you want to go to LH to claim the credit, not UA.
I would suggest you look in this thread http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...edited-mm.html from the LH forum as it gives details about someone in your situation looking for credit from a previous flight.
Also I will ask the moderator(s) to move your question to the LH forum.
Old Jul 16, 2012, 5:15 pm

Programs: UA 2P, UC, Hertz 5*, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by MrGroover
Hi, I hope this is the correct forum for my question, if not, please be lenient with a FT newbie and kindly direct me to the correct forum.

In May I had two flights (4 segments in total) booked on UA. One flight consisting of two segments had the same number, UA 573. For the other flight, I paid cash for an upgrade to first class prior to online check-in. Due to technical problems, I was involuntarily rerouted on DL. I now ran into problems getting those flights credited (ORC for the rerouted ones) at LH's Miles and More.

On the UA website I found I way to request a past receipt. Does anyone know, how long this takes to be processed? I filled the form three weeks ago and until now, I haven't received anything. Fortunately, no money has been debited from my credit card yet.

Is there any other way to get a past itinerary, that ideally shows the booking classes/fare codes? Unfortunately, I didn't save anything from the UA website before the flights. If the info is necessary, I am no MilagePlus member.

Thanks in advance,

Michael

Do you have your confirmation number? The best bet would be to call someone at United. The fact that you don't have a MileagePlus account really does not help. Although im sure they will be able to pull up a reciept that has the booking/fare code.

Good Luck
Old Jul 16, 2012, 5:55 pm
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
MrGroover, welcome to FlyerTalk! As it seems that you are trying to contact United in order to get proof of your purchase and itinerary, we'll keep the thread here, at least for awhile. At a later date, or should the focus move more to persuading LH to give you Miles and More credit, we can then move it to the LH forum. Ocn Vw 1K, Moderator.
Old Jul 17, 2012, 2:26 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the warm welcome.

I know what M&M asks me to do to get the miles credited there. Usually, crediting works automatically. They also ask for an itinerary/receipt that shows the fare code or booking class. I had hoped to get this info from UA to hand it to M&M. The original flight was booked via Expedia and they already gave me the original booking class. One of the flights was a cash upgrade (done directly on united.com prior to online check-in), I believe resulting in booking class A, which gives triple miles at M&M (~ 7200). I need an additional proof besides the boarding pass to indicate this. Hence the hope to have success with contacting UA. Expedia will most likely not see this upgrade, as it was done directly on united.com. But I'll ask them as well.

@am1108: yes, I still have the confirmation number.

There probably are internal mechanisms M&M could use to retrieve the fare/booking class from UA, but they are most likely not willing to do so...
Old Aug 9, 2012, 4:10 pm
Original Poster

Sorry for replying to myself. Today I received the ORC Miles in my Miles and More account.

But I haven't received any receipt from UA and they haven't charged my CC yet. So I'm wondering, what the "request a past receipt"-form is good for. Miles and More may give a hint, I'm not a native English speaker, so misunderstandings are inevitable. Is there anybody who successfully received a past receipt? What information is given on the receipt? For milage credit, the most important information is the booking class. Is this info stated? I am just asking, in case I need such a receipt. There are some UA flights later this year booked, so I want to be prepared.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.