Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Award UA ticket confirmed, but miles not debited

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2012, 8:53 am
Original Poster

I redeemed UA miles for a trip for 5 of us using everytbody's own account. The trip has been ticketed and confirmed, but the miles were never taken out of mine or my family's accounts, of the 5 of us only 1 of my children's accounts was debited the miles, but all the tickets have been "ticketed and confirmed". Should I contact UA? Will this cause any issues when we fly?

Last edited by chloedena; Aug 8, 2012 at 9:44 am Reason: edited info
Old Aug 8, 2012, 9:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, UA LT Plat, Mar LTT
Originally Posted by chloedena
Should I contact UA?
I wouldn't.
Originally Posted by chloedena
Will this cause any issues when we fly?
Can't say for 100% sure, but I don't see any reason for such a case. Tickets are issued and confirmed if I read your OP properly. MileagePlus will get to the deduction when/IF it does. Let sleeping dogs sleep. Or something.

P.S. - Welcome to FT!!

Dave
Old Aug 8, 2012, 1:17 pm

Programs: UA GS 2MM, AA P 2MM, DL PM, US P, VS G, SPG LT P, HH D, HYATT P, PC P, AVIS PC, HERTZ PLAT
Sometimes it takes a few days for them to actually come out.
Old Aug 8, 2012, 2:56 pm

Programs: UA 1KMM
Originally Posted by bdraco
Sometimes it takes a few days for them to actually come out.
Dunno, from the HKG thread, they may be able to say that you didn't actually pay the amount listed and cancel the tickets at any time.

Depends on how much you really *need* to go there and how much of a stink you want to make at the airport when they deny you boarding for non-payment.

I personally wouldn't chance it. Pay them miles.
Old Aug 8, 2012, 11:08 pm

Programs: UA, AS
I had a similar experience recently. Ticketed and confirmed, miles not immediately deducted. They did get deducted after a couple of days.
Old Aug 8, 2012, 11:13 pm

If it were me I'd see if the taxes get charged to my credit card (X's 5) in a few days, or so, & if not something's not copacetic.
Old Aug 9, 2012, 8:45 am
Original Poster

Thanks, I'll wait a few days and see if they come out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.