FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   How I can tell what aircraft# will be used for a flight far into the future? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1373512-how-i-can-tell-what-aircraft-will-used-flight-far-into-future.html)

islackmore Aug 3, 2012 12:12 pm

How I can tell what aircraft# will be used for a flight far into the future?

Does anyone know how I can tell what aircraft# will be used for a flight far into the future? I am familiar with using the flight status on united.com to see the aircraft assignment for today + 2 days. But, I don't know of any other way than that.
I'm asking because I'm trying to figure out if my flight in September will be a renovated 764 with lie flat seats in BF or if it will be the old configuration. I did some searching and noticed that united shows the "old" seat map for EVERY flight when looking out into the future. (my flight is in sept so i searched the end of august/start of sept). I'm flying IAH-GIG and I've been looking at flight status this week and it looks like the majority of flights have lie flat BF, which is also representative of the overall 764 fleet that I'm seeing on: https://sites.google.com/site/unitedfleetsite/

thanks!

WineCountryUA Aug 3, 2012 12:18 pm

Welcome to FT!, islackmore

Simple answer no.

On routes where 2 different configs are being used there is no realiable why to predict in advance. The best shortterm approach is UnitedCargo.com, Flight Schedule which provides about 1 week visibility. However, things can change daily.

With ongoing updates of older aircraft, the further out the better the chances.

Indelaware Aug 3, 2012 12:23 pm

Since a planned equipment usage at +2 is often not the actual equipment usage at day 0, looking quite far down the road for actual equipment may simply be a waste of one's time.

One shouldn't plan on having a particular seating type; just walk onto the plane and perhaps you will be pleasantly surprised. What is really important is not the seat but that the plane flies you to your destination safely.

AA2MM Aug 3, 2012 4:13 pm

The site says that there are 9 converted to 39 flat bed seats...

3 still with the old lounger/35 seats.
My flight will be #46 IAH FRA...with LH flying the A380, UA still put the 35 seaters some days this week. :td:

COEWR2587 Aug 27, 2012 3:36 pm

767-400 iad-ewr

My parents are flying out in BF on Weds from EWR-HNL and the flight status shows a lie flat 767-400 coming from IAD as UA1851 but no one is on the flight map.

Is this a special charter for anyone that anyone could guess or is are they doing the lie flat re configures out of IAD and this would be the first flight for it?

Madone59 Aug 27, 2012 3:47 pm

Originally Posted by COEWR2587 (Post 19204384)
My parents are flying out in BF on Weds from EWR-HNL and the flight status shows a lie flat 767-400 coming from IAD as UA1851 but no one is on the flight map.

Is this a special charter for anyone that anyone could guess or is are they doing the lie flat re configures out of IAD and this would be the first flight for it?

It must be a shuttle or charter flight. But the flight number comes up on flight aware (Aug 9) as IAH-ORD for a 764Q, and other searching of that flight number shows shuttle/ charter flights

star_world Aug 27, 2012 3:54 pm

Originally Posted by AA2MM (Post 19055422)
3 still with the old lounger/35 seats.
My flight will be #46 IAH FRA...with LH flying the A380, UA still put the 35 seaters some days this week. :td:

UA would be just as happy to see you fly LH on that route - they share the revenues.