Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

CA (Air China) Availability on United.com - Help!

CA (Air China) Availability on United.com - Help!

Old Jul 31, 2012, 8:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage, MIleagePlus, Skywards
Question CA (Air China) Availability on United.com - Help!

Not sure if anyone has access to see what is up with the inventory but the following was available a few minutes ago:

Aug 23, 2012
PEK-SIN
Business
CA969 (1535 departure 2125 arrival)

2 seats in business were available. A friend of mine booked one and 1 was available. I booked another leg of my trip and when I got to booking this part, the seat was gone.

Can anyone see if the inventory is just temporarily held somewhere/somehow? Anyone know if I should wait another day or two and see if the seat(s) open up again? I need 2 seats, but was willing to book 1 business and 1 economy. Should I just book 2 x economy and change to business if one opens? Is that even possible and if so, at what cost?

Any advice is highly welcomed!
Old Jul 31, 2012, 8:12 am

Programs: UA 1K, HH Gold, Mariott Gold
Originally Posted by aragno
Can anyone see if the inventory is just temporarily held somewhere/somehow? Anyone know if I should wait another day or two and see if the seat(s) open up again? I need 2 seats, but was willing to book 1 business and 1 economy. Should I just book 2 x economy and change to business if one opens? Is that even possible and if so, at what cost?
Inventory comes and goes everyday, no way to divine if they will offer more business seats.

As far as booking economy, and changing to Business, it will run 150.00 per ticket.
Old Jul 31, 2012, 8:14 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jhayes_1780
Inventory comes and goes everyday, no way to divine if they will offer more business seats.

As far as booking economy, and changing to Business, it will run 150.00 per ticket.
I can't believe 2 were available, then 1... and then the last one went away so quickly. They have been available for the last 12 hours. Crap... very disappointed.

Would a 1K member see different availability?
Old Jul 31, 2012, 8:15 am

Programs: EK-IO, UA-1K2MM, ETIHAD-GOLD, SPG-PLAT LIFETIME, JUMEIRAH SERIUS GOLD
Check using the ANA tool. Or just call UA, there is no charge just to ask if its available. If they say no, you lost it. If they say es, you can ask them to book it for you w no fee, explasining that .com is not showing the correct availability
Old Jul 31, 2012, 8:36 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by chinatraderjmr
Check using the ANA tool. Or just call UA, there is no charge just to ask if its available. If they say no, you lost it. If they say es, you can ask them to book it for you w no fee, explasining that .com is not showing the correct availability
So, I called. Looks like the business seats are gone on the flight I want. 7 economy are available. 2 business available on the later flight.

I can make a change for free within 24 hours if availability opens up.
I can change from one flight to another, if cabin are the same, and origin and destination are the same for free, inside the 21 day window. Otherwise, they tell me it's a $75 fee per ticket. Now.... what to do... .what to do?? Book 2 in business on late flight and hope I can change in the next 2 days or later and pay $75 per ticket? or Book 2 in economy on the earlier flight and hope something opens within 24 hours or later and pay $75 per per ticket?

damn... this is what I get for procrastinating! i'm learning a hard lesson here... and this is not even a super long-haul flight.

Originally Posted by chinatraderjmr
Where can I find more info on the ANA tool? Do I need to sign up on the ANA website for an account first?

Originally Posted by aragno
Where can I find more info on the ANA tool? Do I need to sign up on the ANA website for an account first?
I found it. http://thepointsguy.com/2011/06/how-...-availability/

Last edited by iluv2fly; Jul 31, 2012 at 9:05 am Reason: merge

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.