Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

How many zones can you "connect" in on an award?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2012, 8:48 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Many

All sub-24 hour stops on international connections. For example, if booked before the QR cutoff, with the right agent, would such a routing be bookable?

JFK-ZRH-HKG-ICN-PVG(Stop)-PEK-ULN(Destination)-PEK-NRT-BKK-DAC-DOH-FRA-JFK?
Old Jul 30, 2012, 8:59 am

Programs: AA EXP, AS 75K, TK Elite
When I tried to book IAD-LHR-DOH-BKK, the agent (maybe actually the pricing desk) charged me IAD-LHR-DOH and DOH-BKK separately because I was going through two zones. I eventually decided to take a different route so I don't know what the result would have been if I got a "right agent".
Old Jul 30, 2012, 9:07 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Many
Originally Posted by MtRoot
When I tried to book IAD-LHR-DOH-BKK, the agent (maybe actually the pricing desk) charged me IAD-LHR-DOH and DOH-BKK separately because I was going through two zones. I eventually decided to take a different route so I don't know what the result would have been if I got a "right agent".
That sounds absurd to me.
Old Jul 30, 2012, 10:25 am

Programs: Amex Platinum, DL Diamond 2MM, PriorityPass, Hilton Honors Silver
Originally Posted by GetSetJetSet
That sounds absurd to me.
Pray tell why?
Cheers
Old Jul 30, 2012, 10:32 am

Programs: EK-IO, UA-1K2MM, ETIHAD-GOLD, SPG-PLAT LIFETIME, JUMEIRAH SERIUS GOLD
Originally Posted by spc354
Pray tell why?
Cheers
Because its not the way MP works. You are allowed to transit a different zone to get to your dest. If you stop at that zone then you are supposed to pay for the most expensive zone. (not both)

JFK-FRA-NRT-BKK is considered fine even though you go thru 2 extra zones to get to SE Asia (Europe, Japan)
Old Jul 30, 2012, 10:40 am

Originally Posted by MtRoot
I was unable to book JFK-BRU-ARN-DOH-CMB-SIN over the phone (wouldn't price despite multiple attempts), whereas ARN-BKK-SIN worked out just fine. I've successfully booked SIN-BKK-KTM-DOH-FRA-SEA online though, and made changes over the phone without anyone complaining.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.