Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Seat assignment allowing me (Silver) access to E+ at booking?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Seat assignment allowing me (Silver) access to E+ at booking?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2012, 3:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Premier Gold, Starwood Gold, Plat AE, CO PP MC, Marriott Rewards Plat, Virgin Elevate Gold
OK. This is a new one.

I just booked a flight on a 737-800 series.

When the seat map opened up, only the EXIT rows and bulkhead seats were noted as E+

The first 5 rows of Y cabin seats, the seats are in WHITE (meaning open and I could select my seat there), and the message that appeared as I "moused" over them was that this section was "RESERVED SEATING", not "ECONOMY PLUS" with a $ amount attached.

needless to say, I selected one of these, and the reservation seems to hold my seat

Bug? New feature?

Anyone run across this before?

OK. I just thought of something. Perhaps this is a non-E+ configured aircraft that was a pre-merger CO plane (?)

It does seem odd though - I thought that I had flown on one of these before and all the seats towards the front were E+

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Aug 2, 2012 at 3:42 pm Reason: merge
Old Aug 2, 2012, 3:30 pm

Programs: AA Plat, CX Silver
Originally Posted by caseminole
OK. I just thought of something. Perhaps this is a non-E+ configured aircraft that was a pre-merger CO plane (?)

It does seem odd though - I thought that I had flown on one of these before and all the seats towards the front were E+
I don't think the retrofit is finished.
Old Aug 2, 2012, 3:52 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, Avis 1st
Originally Posted by txflyer77
I don't think the retrofit is finished.
+1 The rows between the bulkhead and the exit rows on pmCO planes w/o E+ were "reserved" for Elites up until T-24. In this case the plane hasn't had the E+ retrofit yet so as a Silver you are allowed to book in the "Reserved" area, you may get lucky and your plane will get converted to E+ though.
Old Aug 2, 2012, 4:01 pm

Programs: United Mileage Plus Premier
+2..that is exactly what it is. Been there, done that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.