Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

New United Flight Attendant Uniforms are here...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New United Flight Attendant Uniforms are here...

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2011, 7:08 pm
Original Poster

New UA/CO Uniforms Unveiled

set for a 2012 debut:

www.airliners.net/uf/1778/middle/phpRIJckq.jpeg
www.airliners.net/uf/1778/middle/phphin1WQ.jpeg

Originally Posted by Jeff Smisek
From Jeff:

" The main pieces will be black, constructed using some of the garment industry’s most advanced materials, accented by colors from our brand palette. We will shortly be sharing information on how agents and flight attendants can vote for their favorite accessory pattern.

“We know that co-workers have been eagerly awaiting the new uniforms,” said Marketing Brand Management Managing Director Kevin McKenna. “This design is consistent with the brand image of the new United because it promotes a professional sense of excellence while remaining simple and modern.”

For pilot uniforms, the team has selected midnight blue, which will distinguish the appearance of those uniforms from the Inflight and Customer Service uniforms. We’re also developing “workwear” uniforms for certain other job categories — such as technicians, ramp agents and cargo agents. We’ll be sharing details on these uniforms in the near future"
Rumor is that Cyntia Crowley, who was desiging the new upcoming uniform for PMUA (for amost 24 months), was kept on with the new, combined project, to alter her already finalized designs with the new company's color palet. She decided to leave, however, over the fact that the new UA management was dictating material quality that she ultimately refused to put her name on. The actual manufacture is now Cintas, and all of Rowley's designs have been permanately shelved, to never see the light of day. These new designs were created in the time frame of less than 7 months.
Old Aug 6, 2011, 7:11 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, UA Gold
They look good ^
Old Aug 6, 2011, 7:12 pm

Right, because most United employees look like those in the drawings
Old Aug 6, 2011, 7:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

No man or woman has those proportions, the legs are ridiculously long.
Old Aug 6, 2011, 7:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I am more curious how the "working uniform" would look like - apron, etc.

This seems a lot more business like than uniform like. It would be a lot harder to behave badly in it.

Didn't some of the in-flight service directors (whatever you call those) they had for a while wear some grey-ish suits?

Also, is this worldwide? At one point (not sure if it is still the case now), the uniform of some Asia based cabin crew was different from the rest of the system.
Old Aug 6, 2011, 7:49 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott BonVoy LT Titanium Elite, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by username
I am more curious how the "working uniform" would look like - apron, etc.

This seems a lot more business like than uniform like. It would be a lot harder to behave badly in it.

Didn't some of the in-flight service directors (whatever you call those) they had for a while wear some grey-ish suits?

Also, is this worldwide? At one point (not sure if it is still the case now), the uniform of some Asia based cabin crew was different from the rest of the system.
There are quite a few pieces that have not been released yet, including a dress option. We'll see. It doesn't look bad, but I (and others) would like to see an actual proportioned human being wear it first.

The biggest thing the FA's care about is durability and whether the clothes are comfortable.
Old Aug 6, 2011, 8:30 pm

Programs: UA - 1MM, DL Diamond, AS MVP75, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Wow...I never knew United FA's and Pilots were so tall and skinny.
Old Aug 6, 2011, 8:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I miss those hats that some female FAs wore.
Old Aug 6, 2011, 9:03 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Exploralist, Marriot Silver
Sometimes I wish they would redirect the effort/money spent on new uniform design and plane repainting towards... oh, I don't know, maybe customer service and efficiency...
Old Aug 6, 2011, 9:13 pm

Programs: Tegridy Elite
Originally Posted by SFOPhD
Sometimes I wish they would redirect the effort/money spent on new uniform design and plane repainting towards... oh, I don't know, maybe customer service and efficiency...
^^^

Or heck, even wi-fi, some cleaner for the dirty interiors, decent blankets...

btw I don't like the FA on the far right - seems to have an attitude. I bet she doesn't warm the nuts before serving
Old Aug 6, 2011, 9:13 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
No jumper option? I wasn't crazy about the CO wardrobe because I have a brain and taste but at least they had jumpers which were fit well to the lady FAs. A dress or jumper option for women is a lot cuter and probably easier for a busy FA to deal with. Probably takes some of the edge off the old battleaxes as well
Old Aug 6, 2011, 9:22 pm

Originally Posted by SFOPhD
You really think they spent a lot of money coming up with that ? As reported above, they ditched Cynthia Rowley because she was too expensive.

Is it a good idea to leave the paint on planes to peel off and keep employees (especially UA ground staff) with their 20 year old uniforms(and those ground uniforms certainly look the part). A company has to provide at least -some- upkeep to it's brand.
Old Aug 6, 2011, 10:11 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by dinoscool3
They look good ^
That they do! ^

Originally Posted by PTravel
As do I
Old Aug 6, 2011, 10:34 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by PTravel
Surely the hats will be an optional accessory???

I met some FAs who pulled off some awesome hats.
Old Aug 7, 2011, 12:02 am

Programs: United Airlines 1K, Hilton Honors Gold, Starwood Hotels
While I think the outfits and designs look nice, I am sad that Cynhtia Crowley's designs are not going to come to fruition. I also wish United had less variation in what they wore. One suit for men and women each would provide uniformity for the airline. Maybe I am asking too much.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.