SFO-PVG UA 857 non-stop Y class fare questions

Subscribe
2 questions:
I am a 1K.
1. I booked in Y class - do I earn 100% miles or 150% miles?
2. I see just 6 Business class & 2 First class seats availability for this flight on this Sunday. I used GPU and what are my chances to make it to the business class?

Generally, Which is the best way to be upgraded to Business First - using miles or using GPU?

Thanks.
Y will earn 125% RDMs, and 150% EQMs.

With such a high fare, you should clear, though it depends on your status and how many people are above you. Do you have elite status with UA?
Quote: Y will earn 125% RDMs, and 150% EQMs.

With such a high fare, you should clear, though it depends on your status and how many people are above you. Do you have elite status with UA?
Thanks for the info. I am a 1K. How can I check how many people are above me? I thought I can only see that feature 48 hours prior to departure. I still have 3 more days for the flight.
Quote: Thanks for the info. I am a 1K. How can I check how many people are above me? I thought I can only see that feature 48 hours prior to departure. I still have 3 more days for the flight.
You just edit the date: https://mobile.united.com/FlightStat...ightNumber=857

Looks like C is booked 51/52.

The upgrade list won't start to populate until t-24, IIRC.
Quote: You just edit the date: https://mobile.united.com/FlightStat...ightNumber=857

Looks like C is booked 51/52.

The upgrade list won't start to populate until t-24, IIRC.
51/52 - just 1 seat remaining is it? My chances are quite limited is it?
UA seat map shows 6 available seats. How?
Quote: 51/52 - just 1 seat remaining is it? My chances are quite limited is it?
UA seat map shows 6 available seats. How?
It's never a good idea to rely on a seatmap. With the current upgrade system, seats are not assigned when a SWU or mileage upgrade clears. That could explain why there are several seats open.

Don't forget, there is always the possibility of people canceling their tickets, or moving into F, which is 10/12.

As a 1K on a Y fare, I'd say your chances are pretty good. You'll just have to wait a bit longer to see what the waitlist is like..

Good luck
Quote: It's never a good idea to rely on a seatmap. With the current upgrade system, seats are not assigned when a SWU or mileage upgrade clears. That could explain why there are several seats open.

Don't forget, there is always the possibility of people canceling their tickets, or moving into F, which is 10/12.

As a 1K on a Y fare, I'd say your chances are pretty good. You'll just have to wait a bit longer to see what the waitlist is like..

Good luck
Thanks a lot for all the quick replies. Keeping my fingers crossed.
Quote: Thanks a lot for all the quick replies. Keeping my fingers crossed.
Can someone tell me why no C or F upgrade waitlist is not showing up in UA857 departing tomorrow (07/22/2012). Still mine (Y) hasn't cleared too. It says Full for both F and C.

I called UA & I am not in the waitlist. Am I being bypassed?
Quote: I called UA & I am not in the waitlist. Am I being bypassed?
Interesting. I had a NRT flight last week that I had purchased with a W fare and applied SWU/GPU. Showed up as waitlisted under my itineraries until the last day. Called UA and was told I was not on the waitlist and did not clear
Usually with GPU for 1K, it clears almost 72 hours prior, I guess the system bypassed me
Quote: Can someone tell me why no C or F upgrade waitlist is not showing up in UA857 departing tomorrow (07/22/2012). Still mine (Y) hasn't cleared too. It says Full for both F and C.
Quote: I called UA & I am not in the waitlist. Am I being bypassed?
I think you answered your own question when you said C and F are full.

Quote: Usually with GPU for 1K, it clears almost 72 hours prior, I guess the system bypassed me
This is not the usual case. Maybe in your experience. I have definitely had to go to battlefield.