Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

DEN-HNL no longer requires a Regional Premier Upgrade (RPU) instrument

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2012, 3:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, United Club, IHG Ambassador/Spire

Just noticed the upgrades region chart shows that only Honolulu (HNL) to Newark (EWR), Washington (IAD) or Houston (IAH) requirs a RPU/GPU.
Old Jul 20, 2012, 3:31 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

HNL-DEN now CPU-eligible

Looks like the upgrade eligibility matrix was updated today.

^

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Jul 20, 2012 at 3:35 pm Reason: moved into existing thread
Old Jul 20, 2012, 3:39 pm

I notice Chicago is also not included in the new chart. Makes sense to me as DEN-HNL and ORD-HNL have PMUA aircraft with domestic first class seats, while IAH, IAD, and EWR have much nicer seats.
Old Jul 20, 2012, 3:42 pm

Originally Posted by 777boy
I notice Chicago is also not included in the new chart. Makes sense to me as DEN-HNL and ORD-HNL have PMUA aircraft with domestic first class seats, while IAH, IAD, and EWR have much nicer seats.
ORD wasn't included previously; that route was always CPU-eligible.
Old Jul 20, 2012, 9:20 pm

Programs: United Premier 1K, Marriott Platinum, Frontier, Delta, Hertz Gold, National Emerald Club
Originally Posted by sbm12
Looks like the upgrade eligibility matrix was updated today.

^
That's a change I like! Being DEN-based, that is. ^
Old Jul 20, 2012, 9:51 pm

Programs: United Gold
Does this mean that they are no longer using the planes with the BFs seats on DEN-HNL?

Also, although that chart is supposed to be official, try upgrading a IAD-HNL T-fare with a GPU, it's almost impossible. Strangely, RPUs work like a charm. Had I known this I would have used my GPUs on my West Coast trips and saved the RPUs for the East Coast ones. It's absolutely boggling.
Old Jul 20, 2012, 11:21 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by love_to_travel
Does this mean that they are no longer using the planes with the BFs seats on DEN-HNL?

Also, although that chart is supposed to be official, try upgrading a IAD-HNL T-fare with a GPU, it's almost impossible. Strangely, RPUs work like a charm. Had I known this I would have used my GPUs on my West Coast trips and saved the RPUs for the East Coast ones.
That's correct. No longer BF equipped plane on DEN-HNL.

I concur with the problem redeeming GPU on domestic routes, but it's solvable when you call an agent.
Old Jul 21, 2012, 4:00 am

Programs: United Mileage Plus 1K 2 MM, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by 777boy
ORD-HNL is further than ORD-LHR. I wouldn't want to chance this flight to UDU...
Old Jul 21, 2012, 5:54 am

Programs: AA EXP 4MM, Piper Dakota, Admirals Club, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Gold, Wyndham Diamond

Also, although that chart is supposed to be official, try upgrading a IAD-HNL T-fare with a GPU, it's almost impossible. Strangely, RPUs work like a charm. Had I known this I would have used my GPUs on my West Coast trips and saved the RPUs for the East Coast ones. It's absolutely boggling.
I've had no problem lately using RPU's to upgrade HNL-IAD. I haven't tried the other way.
Old Jul 21, 2012, 7:02 am

Yes. They are currently using a 763 ghetto bird and later in the year is switches to a sUA 752.
Old Jul 21, 2012, 8:43 pm

Programs: United Premier 1K 1MM; AA Plat Pro; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Platinum; Avis President's Club
When the domestic 777s are upgraded I'd expect to see ORD be added to the list of needing an RPU to upgrade to Hawaii. We'll see what happens with DEN as the ghetto birds get upgraded with lie-flat in first.
Old Jul 21, 2012, 8:52 pm

Programs: CX DM, DL DM, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by mh3265a
When the domestic 777s are upgraded I'd expect to see ORD be added to the list of needing an RPU to upgrade to Hawaii. We'll see what happens with DEN as the ghetto birds get upgraded with lie-flat in first.
I saw another thread mentioned that DEN-HNL will get PMUA 752 after ghetto birds gone.
Old Jul 21, 2012, 9:16 pm

Originally Posted by mckerrow
I saw another thread mentioned that DEN-HNL will get PMUA 752 after ghetto birds gone.
That is what the schedule currently shows. Subject to change, of course.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.