Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Something New at United's website - fares quoted in Foreign (Pesos, Pounds) Currency

Something New at United's website - fares quoted in Foreign (Pesos, Pounds) Currency

Old Jul 17, 2012, 2:57 pm
Original Poster

Question Something New at United's website - fares quoted in Foreign (Pesos, Pounds) Currency

I was just searching for a one way flight, CLT to SFO, for this coming weekend.

When I got the schedule page, the prices were listed in Argentine pesos.

First time for a random pricing in non-USD. Have others seen this? Is this an infection from HKG and/or the down website?

Strange...
Old Jul 17, 2012, 2:58 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_1_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9B206 Safari/7534.48.3)

Buggy i had same problem a few times
Old Jul 17, 2012, 3:31 pm

Programs: DL Gold
Change you will like.
Old Jul 17, 2012, 3:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Well, if you fly DL you've heard of Skypesos...
Old Jul 17, 2012, 3:40 pm
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
It's been happening off an on ever since 3/3. More sucktacular IT from the new .bomb.
Old Jul 17, 2012, 3:52 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Delta Plat, AA Plat, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Courtesy Card
Something New at United's website - fares quoted in Argentinean Pesos

I'm just waiting for the United website to start pricing my tickets in Deutsche Marks. If it can price it randomly in any actively traded currency, I'm sure the website will somehow figure out to do so with the defunct.
Old Jul 17, 2012, 3:59 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Hilton HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
For me it's USD and the fare appears to be normal.
Old Jul 17, 2012, 4:14 pm

Programs: VAG
Hey, if the number is still the same and I get to pay it in Argentinian Pesos then I'm cool with that.
Old Jul 17, 2012, 4:41 pm

Programs: UA GS 4MM
Originally Posted by chedog
I was just searching for a one way flight, CLT to SFO, for this coming weekend.

When I got the schedule page, the prices were listed in Argentine pesos.

First time for a random pricing in non-USD. Have others seen this? Is this an infection from HKG and/or the down website?

Strange...
I got Norwegian Kroner once...
Old Jul 17, 2012, 4:42 pm

Programs: Former UA Premex, now dirt
I've noticed that if I search an itinerary which originates in a non-US locale, the system quotes the fare in the local currency of the origin. The other day I searched NRT-HNL and got it in yen.
Old Jul 17, 2012, 5:15 pm

Programs: United 1K, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by AquaDyne
Change you will like.
This is the FT/UA version of "Thats what she said" and in the right spots, never gets old. Earned me an odd rearview mirror look from my cab driver when I laughed out loud.
Old Jul 18, 2012, 2:22 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
A friend purchased a UA ticket for travel within the US. He purchased it in Dubai and the website quoted everything in Emirati Dirhams. His credit card was charged the same figure but it was in dollars. Who can one contact at UA to resolve the issue as the receipt says 750 AED but he was billed 750 USD? He sent an e-mail to customer service but of course has gotten no response and tried the general reservations line but has gotten nowhere.
Old Jul 18, 2012, 8:32 pm

Programs: MileagePlus Platinum
I saw the ARS bug too: I am in San Francisco California, and was booking a ticket from San Francisco California to San Diego California. This is a US Domestic ticket purchased within the US. Yet the web site showed me the fare in Argentine Pesos even though I searched and re-searched a few times. In finally quit my browser and re-started it again to clear any session-related cookies, and I got the prices in US Dollars again.
Old Jul 18, 2012, 8:40 pm

Programs: UA MMGold, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat
Got the bug once in a while too. Recall got British Pound (multiple times) and Japanese Yen recently. Learned to click the "country" (upper right corner of the browser) to get things back.
Old Jul 20, 2012, 11:09 am

Search Function on United.com is Showing GBP instead of USD

Search Function on United.com is Showing GBP instead of USD - just noticed while I was doing regular roundtrip / oneway domestic US itinerary searches. I think there is a thread to track all of this but can't find it.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.