Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Something New at United's website - fares quoted in Foreign (Pesos, Pounds) Currency

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Something New at United's website - fares quoted in Foreign (Pesos, Pounds) Currency

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2013, 8:23 pm

Yesterday I had a China billing address and JPY fares. Fares went down about 30% once I moved back to the good old USA.
Old Jul 25, 2013, 10:38 am
Moderator: Mileage Run, United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 3MM; Hyatt Glob*****; Hilton Diamond
This morning I'm in Thailand, according to the website. It changed my location.
Old Jul 30, 2013, 9:34 pm
Company Representative, United Airlines

Update - Issue Likely Resolved

Hi everyone,

Thanks for continuing to flag this issue and providing examples. I wanted to let you know that as of late Friday afternoon, we believe that the issue of different currencies (relative to the customer’s point-of-sale) displaying in the booking path has been resolved. We’ll continue to monitor over the next few days, but if you continue to see it, please PM me and I’ll forward to our web team.

Aaron Goldberg
Sr. Manager – Customer Experience Planning
United Airlines
Old Jul 30, 2013, 10:27 pm

Programs: United Gold
Thanks for the heads up Aaron! ^
Old Jul 31, 2013, 11:18 am
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by UA Insider
Hi everyone,

Thanks for continuing to flag this issue and providing examples. I wanted to let you know that as of late Friday afternoon, we believe that the issue of different currencies (relative to the customer’s point-of-sale) displaying in the booking path has been resolved. We’ll continue to monitor over the next few days, but if you continue to see it, please PM me and I’ll forward to our web team.

Aaron Goldberg
Sr. Manager – Customer Experience Planning
United Airlines
Bolding mine: So "we believe that the issue has been resolved" tells me that it's not fixed and afaic, "thanks for continuing to flag this issue* just gives more credence to my signature

*e pluribus unum afaic
Old Jul 31, 2013, 11:26 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG Gold
I was getting CAD a lot last week but haven't tried yet this week.
Old Jul 31, 2013, 12:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by goalie
Bolding mine: So "we believe that the issue has been resolved" tells me that it's not fixed and afaic, "thanks for continuing to flag this issue* just gives more credence to my signature.

*e pluribus unum afaic
I find it more like the supermarket price scanners - we think we're right, but thousands of users can give us feedback versus ten or so beta IT guys.
Old Jul 31, 2013, 5:48 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by aacharya
Originally Posted by goalie
Bolding mine: So "we believe that the issue has been resolved" tells me that it's not fixed and afaic, "thanks for continuing to flag this issue* just gives more credence to my signature

*e pluribus unum afaic
I find it more like the supermarket price scanners - we think we're right, but thousands of users can give us feedback versus ten or so beta IT guys.
I find it more like the supermarket price scanners - we think we're right, but thousands of users can give us FREE feedback versus ten or so beta IT guys
Fixed it for you

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.