Does UA Restrict F Award to LH,LX, SQ?

Old Nov 12, 2012, 9:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, LH Senator *Gold, AA EXP OWE Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by redtop
ual.com is showing 8 award seats in F on tonight's Swiss LX53 flight from BOS-ZRH. (It leaves in 10 minutes). I had thought Swiss F was not available to partners any longer. Has this recently changed, or is ual.com showing phantom Swiss availability as it does with LH? Aeroplan also shows 8 seats in F tonight on the same flight. ANA does not support searching for award flights leaving today so I can't cross-check with any other source.
It was probably real.
I've seen LX release F seats inside 12-24 hours. Useless for most pax, but it let's them say "what do you mean we don't release F seats to *A?"
Old Nov 15, 2012, 12:24 am

Originally Posted by chinatraderjmr
Since the UA site is useless for booking LH (so much phantom availability) the only way to really check and see if a seat in F is avail is the ANA site
Rumor has it *A is working on adapting the ANA system across the alliance.
Old Nov 15, 2012, 4:16 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
Nz 1 lhr-lax

Are NZ awards restricted? Has anyone scored a business award LHR-LAX?
Old Nov 23, 2012, 1:09 pm

Programs: UA 1K
UA.com Award availability not matching the Call Center

I am planning a trip from YVR to DXB with a stopover in ZRH. I called to see what options I had at the call center (I am Plat - will be 1K soon) vs. what I found online. The options are quite different.

Example:
Jan 15 YVR-ZRH
UA.com - YVR to LHR on AC/LHR to ZRH on Swiss (only option)
Call Center - YVR to DEN/DEN to CHI/CHI-FRA/FRA to ZRH

The agent explained that the difference is due to the fact the other airlines have not finalized their schedules for next year and it no offering the flights on awards yet. The supervisor said to wait two weeks to book as that is when availability will be posted by the airlines.

Has anyone heard of this? Not sure if I should wait as I need to book 5 tickets on both points and cash.
Old Nov 23, 2012, 1:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
co.com is notorious for showing phantom availability.

The line you heard from the call center was exactly that -- a line.

When faced with this situation, you can use the ANA tool to find out what's really available (search segment by segment) and then call to book what you want.
Old Nov 23, 2012, 1:47 pm

Originally Posted by channa

When faced with this situation, you can use the ANA tool to find out what's really available (search segment by segment) and then call to book what you want.
This is the only way I search now and it has paid off big time. About to board LH F thanks to this knowledge.
Old Nov 23, 2012, 1:50 pm

Thanks. I will sign up for ANA's FF plan to access their search.
Old Nov 23, 2012, 2:11 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
long time issue with UA/LH system and the related airlines
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...-recently.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...-lh-lx-sq.html
Old Nov 23, 2012, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Pleb, HH Gold, PWP General Secretary
Originally Posted by Madone59
Are NZ awards restricted? Has anyone scored a business award LHR-LAX?
NZ is known for being stingy in availability. They do open up space in the weeks leading up to departure. What you may want to do is grab a UA award and keep checking up until departure.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.