Community
Wiki Posts
Search

United still blocking all SQ awards?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2012, 8:38 pm
Original Poster

United still blocking all SQ awards?

Anyone manage to book the regular SQ yet (not the extra availability from the fluke)? When will they stop this blocking?
Old Jul 14, 2012, 9:05 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat; UA MM Gold; Marriott Lifetime Titanium; Hilton Diamond
It's not United blocking. It's SQ refusing to release Suites, First, and Business seats on its long haul routes to its Star Alliance "partners".

Go complain over on the SQ board.
Old Jul 14, 2012, 9:07 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
On going discussion in http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...f-award-o.html
Old Jul 14, 2012, 9:13 pm
Original Poster

I'm aware, which is why I specified my question is for Y awards and intra-Asia J awards which were available before this glitch. It's definitely not SQ holding them back now, as ANA does show it available.
Old Jul 14, 2012, 10:13 pm

Programs: EK-IO, UA-1K2MM, ETIHAD-GOLD, SPG-PLAT LIFETIME, JUMEIRAH SERIUS GOLD
Originally Posted by HumbleBee
I'm aware, which is why I specified my question is for Y awards and intra-Asia J awards which were available before this glitch. It's definitely not SQ holding them back now, as ANA does show it available.
If ANA shows it avail, try booking w a UA agent. You can explain that you know the flight is avail but .com does not show it. They may not charge you the phone fee
Old Jul 14, 2012, 11:59 pm

Programs: *A Junkie, SQ PPS, Skywards Gold, 2 Million Mile Flyer;*wood LT Plat, BA MM
Originally Posted by HumbleBee
Can you please explain to me how to use the ANA for checking available flights, please? I signed up for an ANA account, got my pin number and still only allows me to check for ANA flights. Am I missing something? Is there a seperate site like I have to go to? If someone can post me a link, I would so much appreciate it! Thanks!
Old Jul 15, 2012, 12:03 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by UrbaneGent
Can you please explain to me how to use the ANA for checking available flights, please? I signed up for an ANA account, got my pin number and still only allows me to check for ANA flights. Am I missing something? Is there a seperate site like I have to go to? If someone can post me a link, I would so much appreciate it! Thanks!
look at the most recent posts for details / workaround in either of
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/bmi-d...sterclass.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...ad-merged.html
Old Jul 15, 2012, 1:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Legit SQ availability is seen by UA's agents even though .bomb acts like SQ-who?

If you're looking for long haul Y or regional flights just call.
Old Jul 15, 2012, 2:42 am

Programs: UA, 1K 2MM
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Unfortunately, at least for me, the *A Greasemonkey script to access ANA award booking tool is no longer active and seems to have been disabled by ANA to prevent access to *A award search unless you have the requisite miles in your ANA account.
Old Jul 15, 2012, 3:34 am

Programs: EK-IO, UA-1K2MM, ETIHAD-GOLD, SPG-PLAT LIFETIME, JUMEIRAH SERIUS GOLD
Originally Posted by IainC
Unfortunately, at least for me, the *A Greasemonkey script to access ANA award booking tool is no longer active and seems to have been disabled by ANA to prevent access to *A award search unless you have the requisite miles in your ANA account.
Works just fine for me. I just checked

I don't know what a *A greasemonky script is. I just go to ANA on my iPad as always, put in my password, pick a random ANA search to get to next page, then hit the Star Alliance button on the bottom and enter my real searches
Old Jul 15, 2012, 9:14 am

Programs: UA 1K 2.7MM
I've had no problems over the last couple months booking SQ intra-Asia in J on United.com. Just flew MEL-BKK a couple days ago.
I usually see plenty of availability and I have to admit, the ease of booking *A awards (albeit awards not originating in the US) on united.com is a change I like, in fact I might like it so much I'll feel entitled to it.
Old Jul 18, 2012, 6:29 am

Programs: STARS/LUMINOUS, PRIVE, FSPP, STARS, MO FAN Club, PEN Club, Bellini Club
Seems like ua.com is blocking SQ availability. I am looking to book awards in Y from SIN-HKG, SIN-DPS, SIN-DEL, all routes which have lots of availability on ANA but nothing shows up on .bomb.
Old Jul 18, 2012, 7:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by zakami
Seems like ua.com is blocking SQ availability. I am looking to book awards in Y from SIN-HKG, SIN-DPS, SIN-DEL, all routes which have lots of availability on ANA but nothing shows up on .bomb.
Correct, there is nothing showing on .bomb/.sux. SQ doesn't exist as far as the search engine is concerned.

There are myriad regional SQ options available by calling however. SQ is not being blocked to agents.
Old Jul 18, 2012, 7:42 am

Programs: UA 1K, Kris Flyer PPS
I called the Mileage Plus office in HK this afternoon and the agent said SQ is updating their booking system and required UA members to call MP office to reserve award flights on SQ during the transition period. And then the MP office will contact SQ for ticketing!

If it is what the UA agent said, why ANA website can book SQ award flights?

Guess UA must have screwed things up with SQ.
Old Jul 18, 2012, 7:46 am

Programs: Delta Gold Medallion
Originally Posted by ZeroCoke888
If it is what the UA agent said, why ANA website can book SQ award flights?

Maybe becasue ANA didn't display the mistake inventory during the glitch?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.