United still blocking all SQ awards?

Old Aug 12, 2012, 8:53 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, UA 1.56MM (fmr UA1K)
Does anyone know what might be going on here?

Both AC and ANA booking tools say a certain pair of SQ flights in C are available per-sin-hkg. United says no. (Two different agents.) They book me on other flights later that day in SQ C on that route... but less desirable.
Old Aug 12, 2012, 11:43 pm

Programs: UA 1K/*G, AA, IHG Ambassador, Marriott Gold
I talked to a res agent tonight about booking an SQ award flight. She was puzzled when I told her I couldn't book any SQ flights on united.com, because she said there was "plenty of availability on her screen." So, she went on united.com, saw that there was nothing and told me she would send a message about this to someone. Now, who that was, I have no idea. But, hopefully, something comes of it.

Last edited by ok2uselane; Aug 13, 2012 at 8:58 am
Old Aug 12, 2012, 11:52 pm

Same story from Tokyo reservation: SQ flights are available for redemption on their system by not online. Advised to call for SQ flights.
Requested for star upgrade on SQ, the reply was SQ is not available for upgrade now.
It will come back but have no idea when.
Old Aug 13, 2012, 10:10 am

Programs: UA 1K, Kris Flyer PPS
There used to be SQ award flights available on UA. But not anymore!!
Old Aug 13, 2012, 12:45 pm

Programs: UA Plat, TK Gold, *G
Originally Posted by ZeroCoke888
There used to be SQ award flights available on UA. But not anymore!!
I was able to book SIN-PEK-SIN in Business on United.com in June, but all SQ flight havent been showing up for a while now.
Old Aug 14, 2012, 9:18 am

Programs: UA 1K, Kris Flyer PPS
Just checked the UA site again. The SQ award flight booking function has come back online now.
Old Aug 14, 2012, 9:32 am
Suspended

Programs: UA PP, AA, DL, BA, CX, SPG, HHonors
Just checked the UA site again. The SQ award flight booking function has come back online now.
rejoice !!
Old Aug 14, 2012, 9:35 am

Thank you soooo much for the update! I was almost going to purchase a ticket on UA with a much less desired schedule than SQ's.
Old Aug 14, 2012, 9:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United 1K and 1MM, Marriott Ambassador
It's good that SQ awards are back.

But UA still blocks most NH awards within Asia
Old Aug 14, 2012, 10:32 am

What dates and itin were you looking at and what class of service? Standard Y availability only they previously offered. I can never find J or F on SQ.
Old Aug 14, 2012, 10:58 am

Programs: UA GS, AA Exec Plat, Bonvoy Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by chinesescouse
What dates and itin were you looking at and what class of service? Standard Y availability only they previously offered. I can never find J or F on SQ.
For A380, A345, and 77W flights your not going to find any J or F. Before the giant flood of SQ I and O awards, I do recall seeing a 77W flight available with 1 J seat, but it might have been phantom availability. However, on the 772, 772er, and A330 I have seen a good amount of J available on various dates and routes.
Old Aug 14, 2012, 12:35 pm

I have seen J award availability on 772 flights too (i.e. PVG-SIN) but that's SQ's old J regional product, so of course their seats aren't as nice in comparison.

Not to divert topics here, but does anyone know if SQ is similar to LH and LX where they release award availability for UA 1-2 weeks before departure date? Or does SQ prohibits long haul F & J award for UA customers?
Old Aug 14, 2012, 12:44 pm

Programs: UA GS, AA Exec Plat, Bonvoy Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by chinesescouse
Not to divert topics here, but does anyone know if SQ is similar to LH and LX where they release award availability for UA 1-2 weeks before departure date? Or does SQ prohibits long haul F & J award for UA customers?
I think SQ A380/77W J/F is 100% blocked all of the time. I just did some random searches for this week and next week and all the A380/77W flights were only available for Y awards.
Old Aug 14, 2012, 12:49 pm

Programs: AMEX PLT, AA PPro, Spire AMB
Not true...LHR-SIN in J was avail on the 77W, but not the A380...a few random searches show that this is no longer the case...
Old Aug 14, 2012, 12:49 pm

Originally Posted by merc1234
I think SQ A380/77W J/F is 100% blocked all of the time. I just did some random searches for this week and next week and all the A380/77W flights were only available for Y awards.
I did the same, though not thorough, and found the same awards in Y. But I thought maybe it's seasonal timing. Don't truly know when it's a good time to find fares on SQ. Winter is high season for much of Asia with students and the like returning home.

Maybe it's just time to use my SQ number for domestic flights, so can book award on SQ's site. There are no problems finding J and F awards there.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.