Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Sign in using an external account

Old Jul 11, 12, 2:07 pm   #1

Purchase "confirmed" but not yet ticketed? (not SQ)

I booked an award flight earlier today. My credit card has already been charged for the taxes. When I pull up my itinerary, it shows UA confirmation code, seats on the UA legs have already been selected, there is a partner confirmation code to manage those legs, but it says:

"Thank you for choosing United Airlines. Your purchase is confirmed. You will be promptly notified once the internal processing of your reservation has been finalized so that you can request additional receipts, export to Microsoft Outlook, refund or change your flight, view/change seats, check-in, or email or print your itinerary."

Later I booked another award and that one has already come through as ticketed & confirmed with the 2nd ticketing email received. Why hasn't my first one gone through / should I be worried about it falling apart or losing the seats? Thanks.
747-800i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11, 12, 2:37 pm   #2

Programs: UA Premier 1K, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, National Executive, AMEX Platinum
Call Reservation to push the ticket to be issued.
Old Jul 11, 12, 2:41 pm   #3

Programs: UA 1K, AA Platinum, TK Star Gold, HHonors Gold, SPG
Your card has a pending charge - it's not an actual charge until it goes through, which in my case usually happens once a reservation has been ticketed. (although some have reported this not being the case.)
weirdlyndon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11, 12, 2:46 pm   #4

Programs: UA 1K3MM, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold
I just booked an award ticket today, HNL-LAS and got the email purchased and got this as part of the email:

"We are processing your reservation and will send you an e-ticket confirmation once this has been completed. Typically, this process takes less than an hour, however, in some rare cases it could take a couple days. Please be assured that your reservation will remain confirmed during this processing period, and there is no need to contact us unless you are traveling within 24 hours."

8 minutes later got the actual ticket/confirmation.

By the way, I noticed massive amounts of Save First award space to/from Hawaii in September when previously there was none.
HNLbasedFlyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11, 12, 3:50 pm   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by billxmeredith View Post
I just booked an award ticket today, HNL-LAS and got the email purchased and got this as part of the email:

"We are processing your reservation and will send you an e-ticket confirmation once this has been completed. Typically, this process takes less than an hour, however, in some rare cases it could take a couple days. Please be assured that your reservation will remain confirmed during this processing period, and there is no need to contact us unless you are traveling within 24 hours."

8 minutes later got the actual ticket/confirmation.

By the way, I noticed massive amounts of Save First award space to/from Hawaii in September when previously there was none.
I got that message as well, but I booked this 6-8 hours ago now and it still hasn't ticketed. Suggestions?
Old Jul 11, 12, 5:12 pm   #6

Programs: UA 1K, AA ExecPlat, VN Titan
Quote:
Originally Posted by 747-800i View Post
I got that message as well, but I booked this 6-8 hours ago now and it still hasn't ticketed. Suggestions?
As suggested, make sure the credit card payment has cleared and then call the airline again. You'll at least have a confirmation code handy, but more likely, the system will have had time to process.
muoitrieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11, 12, 8:16 pm   #7

Programs: UA 1K, US Airways Kettle, Hertz #1 5-Star, Marriott Gold
I booked a series of tickets over the weekend on a combination of UA and SAS metal. It took between 8-16 hours for the SAS reservations to ticket. I put a mental limit of 24 hours on the tickets. If they had not fully ticketed after 24 hours I would have called reservations to find out was was wrong.
drowelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 12, 4:57 am   #8

They said to call back when MileagePlus is open. They confirmed there is a "problem," with the ticket, in that system is telling them there aren't enough miles to issue it. The payment page tells me the miles were deducted (which is why there aren't enough now obviously) and my card was charged for the taxes. The fact that they "confirmed" my purchase and it shows the cost of 140,000 miles and the taxes would tend to show that I had the miles at booking would it not? That and the fact that united.com actually allowed me to make the booking...Suggestions?
Old Jul 12, 12, 5:20 am   #9

Programs: UA Gold, AC, AA, DL, Marriott Gold, Hyatt
Could it also be that the partner leg still needs to confirm availability? Usually, partners have up to 24 hours (I think) to confirm the space, even if it is showing. This goes for both award and revenue space .
emcampbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 12, 5:27 am   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by emcampbe View Post
Could it also be that the partner leg still needs to confirm availability? Usually, partners have up to 24 hours (I think) to confirm the space, even if it is showing. This goes for both award and revenue space .
I have the partner confirmation # and the phone agent told me the system is saying I didn't have enough miles which is why I need to call back when MP is open.
Old Jul 12, 12, 8:19 am   #11

Odd resolution. After probably 2+ hours on hold, I was told that they had gone line by line and what had happened is that they mistakenly put miles in my account that weren't mine. I booked an award with these miles, my c-card was charged but the miles were "taken back" by UA before they were debited for the ticketing. So my stalled ticket wouldn't ticket because there were no miles to pay for it and the miles I thought I was using were never my miles.

Any recourse here? I feel like I should get something for the multiple hours spent on the phone, and that if United is stupid enough to accidentally park 100k+ miles in someone's account that it should be a windfall for me.
Old Jul 12, 12, 8:26 am   #12

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Marriott Gold
Quote:
Any recourse here? I feel like I should get something for the multiple hours spent on the phone, and that if United is stupid enough to accidentally park 100k+ miles in someone's account that it should be a windfall for me.
I'm not sure what others will write, but if the miles weren't yours to begin with, then you pretty much are done. BTW, how did you not notice 100k+ miles that you didn't earn?
mdobbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 12, 8:49 am   #13

Programs: UA Plat, HH Gold
Quote:
How long had those 100K miles been in your account before they took them back? 1K miles here or there, sure. But 100K? I'd be pretty certain they would catch that in an audit.
coolbeans202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 12, 9:00 am   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolbeans202 View Post
How long had those 100K miles been in your account before they took them back? 1K miles here or there, sure. But 100K? I'd be pretty certain they would catch that in an audit.
I'm not sure, I just logged in yesterday and then booked a ticket.
Old Sep 22, 12, 12:30 am   #15

Location: SEA/NYC. DL DM charter member, UA 1K, NW Plat ('03-'09), Marriott Plat. Always somewhere, never anywhere...
"Your purchase is confirmed" but it's not

Sorry, wasn't sure which if any previous thread this should go in. I'm really unhappy with United right now but I'm not sure if I'm even justified in it. With everything going on these days it seems the default answer would be yes

Yesterday I booked a ticket on United.com that is wholly TK operated and coded for ZRH-IST-xxx one way. Price was right so I hit purchase. I got the usual warning that the flights would take up to 24 hours to confirm because they were on a partner. Ok, no problem. I had a backup plan just in case because the flights I booked were leaving in 12 hours.

About an hour after I booked the flights I reloaded the United reservation and I got the message that "Your purchase in confirmed. Once the internal processing of your ticket is complete....". This tells me that Turkish accepted the booking and United just had to ticket it.

This morning I wake up in ZRH to find that not only has my ticket not been issued but all flights have been dropped from the reservation. I was on the phone with UA for over 30 minutes and they wouldn't fix it. Checking EF the IST-xxx flight is zeroed out in the back.

Was UA in the wrong here? My personal belief is that as soon as you see "Your purchase is confirmed" you are good to go. But maybe I am either misunderstanding that message or United is being too ambiguous about it.

Thoughts?

I've had to go with my backup now which is flying a OneWorld carrier to my destination that I absolutely don't want to do - and it's not BA or AA.

-RM