Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Purchase "confirmed" but not yet ticketed? (not SQ)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Purchase "confirmed" but not yet ticketed? (not SQ)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2012, 11:20 am

Programs: AA/UA/DL
Originally Posted by chinatraderjmr
I never said that did I? Please don't put words in my mouth. I simply said that UA is taking longer to ticket partner awards and why I think that's the case. I was not talking about dropped segments, I was not talking about "confirmed" reservations that don't ticket. I was ONLY talking about delays in ticketing itin w partner airlines involved. You can't blame them for taking longer to ticket, which is their right & they are NOT the only airline to do this. It is a very good way for UA to no longer get stuck w mistakes if they take their time ticketing & check things more thoroughly. That's it! That's all I said. I am not talking about dropped segments, or anything else. If someone has a "confirmed" reservation it's not hard to call the partner airline & confirm its ticketed. If its not ticketed, it may drop segments
How about my reservation with ALL UNITED FLIGHTS got confirmed but was not ticketed and finally disappeared?
It's not a good way for UA keeps playing with its customers with this wording.
When people see confirmed, they would assume it's ticketed.
People don't want to go to the airport and figure out that UA screws them up and doesn't want to honor
confirmed reservation because SHARES "forget" to issue the tickets.
There are already several stories about this and it happens again and again.
It's not a good way to do business and it needs to be fixed.
At least, they can change to:
Your reservation has been made. If you don't see the e-ticket in [hours/days], please contact us.

Last edited by pigx5; Sep 22, 2012 at 11:30 am
Old Sep 22, 2012, 6:59 pm

Programs: EK-IO, UA-1K2MM, ETIHAD-GOLD, SPG-PLAT LIFETIME, JUMEIRAH SERIUS GOLD
Originally Posted by pigx5
How about my reservation with ALL UNITED FLIGHTS got confirmed but was not ticketed and finally disappeared?
It's not a good way for UA keeps playing with its customers with this wording.
When people see confirmed, they would assume it's ticketed.
People don't want to go to the airport and figure out that UA screws them up and doesn't want to honor
confirmed reservation because SHARES "forget" to issue the tickets.
There are already several stories about this and it happens again and again.
It's not a good way to do business and it needs to be fixed.
At least, they can change to:
Your reservation has been made. If you don't see the e-ticket in [hours/days], please contact us.
Did I say anything about all UA itineraries? NO. If you want to argue, fine but don't put words in my mouth. My previous comments were about itineraries with partner flights only! I never said anything about all UA Itineraries or anything else. Yes, your right. Those are screwed up as is most of the system & that's Uniteds fault. My ONLY argument is that UA is correct in that it may take 24 hours to ticket an award w a partner. That's it. If your not talking about partner award reservations, then It has nothing to do w what I said
Old Sep 22, 2012, 7:06 pm

Duh.

If you put the flight on hold from your acct, and clicked 'Purchase Now' while logged into another account, it will get stuck and won't ticket.

Not saying this is what you did, just pointing out. You must call to manually change the MP# associated with the PNR
Old Sep 22, 2012, 9:12 pm

Programs: AA/UA/DL
Did I say anything about all UA itineraries? NO. If you want to argue, fine but don't put words in my mouth. My previous comments were about itineraries with partner flights only! I never said anything about all UA Itineraries or anything else. Yes, your right. Those are screwed up as is most of the system & that's Uniteds fault. My ONLY argument is that UA is correct in that it may take 24 hours to ticket an award w a partner. That's it. If your not talking about partner award reservations, then It has nothing to do w what I said
Does this thread talk about Partner flights only? NO.
People are talking about reservation got confirmed but no ticket is issued.
This is the problem since 3/3 and has nothing to do with 4 miles tickets.
The problem here is not about it may take 24 hours to ticket an award w a partner.
The problem here is that it may take forever to issue a ticket and the worse
situation is that when people arrive the airport and been told they don't have tickets.
It's SHARES problem and it's not 4 miles problem.
Old Sep 22, 2012, 9:20 pm

Programs: EK-IO, UA-1K2MM, ETIHAD-GOLD, SPG-PLAT LIFETIME, JUMEIRAH SERIUS GOLD
Originally Posted by pigx5
Does this thread talk about Partner flights only? NO.
People are talking about reservation got confirmed but no ticket is issued.
This is the problem since 3/3 and has nothing to do with 4 miles tickets.
The problem here is not about it may take 24 hours to ticket an award w a partner.
The problem here is that it may take forever to issue a ticket and the worse
situation is that when people arrive the airport and been told they don't have tickets.
It's SHARES problem and it's not 4 miles problem.
Then don't reply to my posts. Post your own comments. My posts are about "partner" award tickets taking longer now then they used to. If it has something to do w the 4 mile tkts, I don't know but UA would certainly be within their rights screwing us all & taking longer to tkt some awards due to the 4 mile deal. Very simple, if UA took 24 hours to tkt & checked them for mistakes first, these 4 mile tkts never would have been issued (but that's off subject, I'm not talking about the 4 mile deal)
Old Sep 23, 2012, 9:58 am

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
I would guess the days of booking partner flights w quick ticketing times on .bomb are gone unless you want to take a chance. UA is not stupid & this is what they need to do in order to protect themselves from being responsible for mistakes. Thanks everyone who complained to the DOT about the 4mile mistake. I guarantee this is where this is coming from & you can't blame UA for this
Based on what do you come up with this historic revisionism regarding recent events?
You should complain to the DOT cuz partner airlines can take up to 24 hours to confirm How do you figure that? It's the partner that takes time to confirm, not UA..
I don't think that this is true. It's just another sloppy wording used by UA. The partners confirm instantly unless the segment is "on request" only but they take quite a while to generate ticket numbers.

This is why in general this should not be a problem as the inventory already gets allocated.

I recently issued TG, CA, and SQ awards on MP and they ticketed faster than ever. So I am pretty sure that what people observed here were system glitches and not an additonal layer of security added by UA.
Old Sep 23, 2012, 10:24 pm

Originally Posted by weero
Based on what do you come up with this historic revisionism regarding recent events?

I don't think that this is true. It's just another sloppy wording used by UA. The partners confirm instantly unless the segment is "on request" only but they take quite a while to generate ticket numbers.

This is why in general this should not be a problem as the inventory already gets allocated.

I recently issued TG, CA, and SQ awards on MP and they ticketed faster than ever. So I am pretty sure that what people observed here were system glitches and not an additonal layer of security added by UA.
The time period is an extra security measure by UA IMHO (albeit not new). For example when reissuing a ticket, even with new segments and new carriers, the agent tickets it himself over the phone and gives me a new #. When issuing a new tkt it is always sent off somewhere and we both wait.
Old Sep 24, 2012, 8:19 am

Originally Posted by HumbleBee
The time period is an extra security measure by UA IMHO (albeit not new)..
Yes ticketing departments must be well protected. Only few carriers issue ticket numbers on their metal right away (LX and QF can to mind).

But neither do I think that this is in any way related to the recent award error fare nor do I think that most *A partners do need time to confirm.
Old Sep 24, 2012, 10:22 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA Platinum, Alaksa MVP 75K, Air Berlin Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC
Good experience last night booking a flight with an e-cert. Made booking and by the time I clicked my way back into my account to view reservation, it was ticketed! Total time of under 1 minute. Nice change!
Old Sep 24, 2012, 1:55 pm

Yes ticketing departments must be well protected. Only few carriers issue ticket numbers on their metal right away (LX and QF can to mind).

But neither do I think that this is in any way related to the recent award error fare nor do I think that most *A partners do need time to confirm.
BA issues eTickets immediately for partners and BA flights. AA is the worst, can take months in extreme cases. Days is normal.
Old Sep 24, 2012, 7:02 pm

Originally Posted by HumbleBee
BA issues eTickets immediately for partners and BA flights. AA is the worst, can take months in extreme cases. Days is normal.
I am lucky with AA! I wanted to catch a CX flight with 5 hours to spare and they issued the reservation right away and the ticket 2.5h later. But they were aware of the urgency, so maybe they have different ticketing speeds much like UA?
Old Sep 24, 2012, 7:23 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton GLD, Marriott Plat, NEXUS/GE
PMUA seemed to always ticket nearly instantly for its own metal
Old Sep 24, 2012, 9:55 pm

I've had generally good experience with SHARES when making my Asian travel reservation that contains NH operated flights. Seats on NH always confirm immediately, and the ticket is usually issued within 10 minutes. The last time I book an UA+NH reservation, it only took me 2 minutes to receive the second email saying the ticket is issues.
Old Sep 25, 2012, 3:47 am

I am lucky with AA! I wanted to catch a CX flight with 5 hours to spare and they issued the reservation right away and the ticket 2.5h later. But they were aware of the urgency, so maybe they have different ticketing speeds much like UA?
Yes they have normal CSR, they will make sure it tickets before departure.
Old Sep 25, 2012, 5:17 am

Originally Posted by FlyerChrisK
PMUA seemed to always ticket nearly instantly for its own metal
Not for me! Not even for online purchases!

I once had to wait for 48 hours before a ticket was generated and if there is only one upgrade spot available that sucks big time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.