how can I verify how much value an Electronic Travel Certificate has?

Subscribe
I am slightly confused in a refund situation, how can I verify how much value an Electronic Travel Certificate has without spending it?
Just give reservations a call, and read off the e certificate number and they can generally tell if it is valid and for how much.
You should also be able to see the value by starting at this page, entering the certificate number and trying a dummy reservation: https://www.united.com/web/en-US/app...s/default.aspx
No need in booking a dummy reservation. UA.com has a procedure to check the remaining balance, albeit not intuitive.

From the Home Page:

Deals & Offers > Promotional Certificates

Under the drop-down box for programs select Electronic Travel Certificate.

Enter PIN and submit
How do I check on UA AMEX gift cards as to whether they are used or not? I try to keep a very good record as to what I have, but a $200 e-card that I thought was still valid came up as used. I did check the gift registry on my account, but it shows no certs. These certs do not have PINs.
Quote: No need in booking a dummy reservation. UA.com has a procedure to check the remaining balance, albeit not intuitive.

From the Home Page:

Enter PIN and submit
Wasn't aware of this, so I tried it with a $200 e-cert from a few months ago. Not having the best luck ---

Starting Balance: 1
Used: 0
Available Balance: 1

Oh well.
Thank you controller1! This worked for me.
Many thanks for your post. I just checked my travel certificate and verified the information based on your post.

Quote: No need in booking a dummy reservation. UA.com has a procedure to check the remaining balance, albeit not intuitive.

From the Home Page:

Enter PIN and submit
Closing this older thread, the active thread is UA Electronic Travel Certificates (ETC): General Q&A, ...
See the wiki of that thread for the process to check an ETC's value

WineCountryUA
UA coModerator