Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

[NOW EXPIRED]: SQ releasing almost all F award (O)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NOW EXPIRED]: SQ releasing almost all F award (O)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2012, 4:03 pm

Programs: UA 1K/*G, AA, IHG Ambassador, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Jasper100
Thanks..that was helpful..I loaded the mobile app and now can see my reservation on Singapore Airlines.
Yes, for some reason, SQ has taken away our ability to view our itineraries on their website. I can only hope this is a temporary thing.
Old Aug 23, 2012, 4:05 pm

Programs: UA-1k, 1mm, Marriott-LT Platinum, Hertz-Presidents Circle
Can we close this thread and open up a new one titled "people crapping their pants and needing blood pressure medication due to nervousness over SQ F bookings."
Old Aug 23, 2012, 4:21 pm

Originally Posted by schley
Can we close this thread and open up a new one titled "people crapping their pants and needing blood pressure medication due to nervousness over SQ F bookings."
From someone who probably is not booked on a Singapore Airlines First Class Flight!!!
Old Aug 23, 2012, 5:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Originally Posted by schley
LOL!

While I'm not quite soiled or medicated, I am monitoring my SQ F booking even more than other award bookings I've made through UA.
Old Aug 28, 2012, 4:29 am

Originally Posted by Jasper100
Up until several days ago, I was able to access my Singapore Airlines First Class Reservations. I was able to look at my seat assignments and book the cook. However, now when I try to access my reservation with Singapore Airlines, I get following message:

We are unable to retrieve your booking because this booking contains ticket(s) which is not issued by Singapore Airlines. Please check with the airline or travel agent you have made this booking with.

Has this happened to anyone else. Does anyone know how to get this fixed and/or why Singapore Airlines changed this type of access???
Same here. I hope that I can at least check in for the flight via mobile.com 48 hrs ahead of time..
Old Aug 28, 2012, 5:15 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, Marriott Platinum, SPG Gold, US/UA Gold, National Executive, Avis First, Accor Platinum
I'll go ahead and share my experience with a UA award reservation with a segment in SQ C (JFK-FRA).

I was never able to get my reservation to show via the regular SQ.com site, but everything appeared to be correct on the mobile site. I tried to do online and mobile check in approximately 22 hours before departure, but I received an error message along the lines of "Check-in may not be completed for a PNR that is not ticketed." Cue immediate spike in blood pressure.

I check-in no issue for the two preceding UA F (domestic) segments, and then give UA a call. Rep says he thinks everything is fine and suggests I should call SQ. But I abided by the golden rule here on FT: don't call.

Get to the UA counter at IND the next morning. Rep gives me boarding passes all the way to JFK, but says he can't print out SQ or LH boarding passes because "UA is not affiliated with them in any way..." Bags are also only tagged to NYC.

I'm second in line at JFK for SQ C check-in. The desk opens and I'm called over to the Suites desk. The rep politely checks me in, and wishes me a pleasant flight. Over in maybe 2.37 minutes. No questions (except how my day has been), no issues.

Boarding pass in hand, I'm off to The Oasis Lounge, where I proceed to enjoy a few cocktails. Absolutely great flight, with an absolutely great crew. Veggies accompanying the main were simply mush, but that's another thread.
Old Aug 28, 2012, 5:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by PurduExpat37
But I abided by the golden rule here on FT: don't call.
Glad it worked out for you!

However - in this case you most certainly should have called SQ.

Generally speaking - the only time the rule of 'don't call' applies is when a 'deal' (mistake) is live and open for booking, and where a call to the airline might jeopardize it for anyone trying to still book it.

It also makes good sense to not call for a little while after a deal has gone, to ensure everyone who has jumped on gets ticketed.

Once those two steps have passed and it it obvious that the airline and everyone else knows what's happened, it's fine to call.
Old Aug 28, 2012, 5:31 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, Marriott Platinum, SPG Gold, US/UA Gold, National Executive, Avis First, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF

Generally speaking - the only time the rule of 'don't call' applies is when a 'deal' (mistake) is live and open for booking, and where a call to the airline might jeopardize it for anyone trying to still book it.
I realize that it probably would have been okay, but I had print-outs with ticket numbers and everything on checkmytrip.com was fine. I figured if they had a problem with the ticket, I could just scream and stomp until they found a way to ticket it.

...kidding, of course... I am most definitely not a DYKWIA.
Old Aug 28, 2012, 9:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
I'll go ahead and share my experience with a UA award reservation with a segment in SQ C (JFK-FRA).

I was never able to get my reservation to show via the regular SQ.com site, but everything appeared to be correct on the mobile site. I tried to do online and mobile check in approximately 22 hours before departure, but I received an error message along the lines of "Check-in may not be completed for a PNR that is not ticketed." Cue immediate spike in blood pressure.

I check-in no issue for the two preceding UA F (domestic) segments, and then give UA a call. Rep says he thinks everything is fine and suggests I should call SQ. But I abided by the golden rule here on FT: don't call.

Get to the UA counter at IND the next morning. Rep gives me boarding passes all the way to JFK, but says he can't print out SQ or LH boarding passes because "UA is not affiliated with them in any way..." Bags are also only tagged to NYC.

I'm second in line at JFK for SQ C check-in. The desk opens and I'm called over to the Suites desk. The rep politely checks me in, and wishes me a pleasant flight. Over in maybe 2.37 minutes. No questions (except how my day has been), no issues.

Boarding pass in hand, I'm off to The Oasis Lounge, where I proceed to enjoy a few cocktails. Absolutely great flight, with an absolutely great crew. Veggies accompanying the main were simply mush, but that's another thread.
Thanks for sharing this experience. I'm kind of curious about what went wrong with the "not ticketed" message, but very glad that it all worked out all right.

It also makes good sense to not call for a little while after a deal has gone, to ensure everyone who has jumped on gets ticketed.

Once those two steps have passed and it it obvious that the airline and everyone else knows what's happened, it's fine to call.
^ Good advice.
Old Aug 28, 2012, 9:33 am

Programs: AA EXP, AS MVPG
This is pretty simple, SQ is honoring the tickets.

I flew HKG-SIN and SIN-NRT a few weeks ago as part of a larger award in F. Drank about 4 bottles of Krug and 1 bottle of Dom, booked the cook for lobster thermidor, and spent about 12 hours in the private room.

Reservation never showed on sq.com, but they were only too happy to print my boarding passes when I checked in.

Enjoy, these are fun flights
Old Aug 28, 2012, 10:13 am

you should be a suspense novelist...I was certainly expecting disaster and a coach seat at the end of your experience!

I fly on Saturday from IAH to SIN, and felt much better after calling SQ and them confirming everything, and even asking me about my Book the cook options for my return flight.

Last edited by iluv2fly; Aug 28, 2012 at 10:28 am Reason: merge
Old Aug 28, 2012, 10:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by LufthansaFlyer
you should be a suspense novelist...I was certainly expecting disaster and a coach seat at the end of your experience!
+1 I have to confess that I had vaguely similar expectations. I think they were much more a product of how UA operates (or has trouble operating) these days rather than anything specific to the SQ bookings, which seem to be working out fine.
Old Aug 28, 2012, 10:27 am

Originally Posted by Thunderroad
+1 I have to confess that I had vaguely similar expectations. I think they were much more a product of how UA operates (or has trouble operating) these days rather than anything specific to the SQ bookings, which seem to be working out fine.
No one has come back with a disaster story, so why should we be the first!

the thing that will s**k is if I can't check in 24-48 hours, I have to do it in IAH in person. would I have needed to re-clear security if I didnt have leave the airside to go the check in desk?

Last edited by iluv2fly; Aug 28, 2012 at 10:43 am Reason: merge
Old Aug 28, 2012, 10:47 am

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by LufthansaFlyer
No one has come back with a disaster story, so why should we be the first!
You guys are lucky. ^ Aeroplan did not process the 777 to 380 SQ changes correctly and some folks have been burned or had to wait hours/days to get it fixed, if at all.
Old Aug 28, 2012, 11:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by flycal312
This is pretty simple, SQ is honoring the tickets.

I flew HKG-SIN and SIN-NRT a few weeks ago as part of a larger award in F. Drank about 4 bottles of Krug and 1 bottle of Dom, booked the cook for lobster thermidor, and spent about 12 hours in the private room.

Reservation never showed on sq.com, but they were only too happy to print my boarding passes when I checked in.

Enjoy, these are fun flights
Can we actually believe you consumed five bottle of champagne in the course of one 2-1/2 hour flight and another 6-hour one?! And were sober enough to be processed through Japanese immigration?!

Back on point: I've got two separate F/Suite bookings with several segments each and am not worried about any cancellation on the part of SQ. These were legitimate bookings for the appropriate number of STAR partner miles. That the inventory wall broke down for a few hours does not give SQ the wherewithal not to honour the redemptions. These flights will likely have gone out with a few open F seats/suites so SQ is still getting paid an offset. That carrier's stubborness to keep "freeloaders" out of F -- including most of its own top tier FFers -- it has been willing to forego even 10% of the fare to keep its purity. Well, SQ's bottom line is starting to feel the heat from EK and others, and it must start eating humble pie.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.