MileagPlus Premier question - help!

Old Jul 5, 2012, 8:42 pm
Original Poster

MileagPlus Premier question - help!

I have a friend thats going to buy a 1way ticket for me with her miles, flight departs next week

I'm a Premier member, she's not, so she'll get hit with the $75 less-than-21-day charge

Was wondering if anyone here knows if its possible for her to book the flight say a month out without the charge, then if i add the itin to my account, can i get away with my Premier no change fee to push the flight day up to next week?
Old Jul 5, 2012, 9:29 pm

Programs: UA Platinum 2MM(BIS)
Footnote (3) implies that purchasing account governs reservation change fee charges.

http://www.united.com/web/en-US/cont...ticketing.aspx
Old Jul 5, 2012, 9:31 pm

Programs: UA GS, DL-Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Somethingist, Marriott Titanium Lifetime
Interesting idea. Even if the web site won't allow you to make a change you might be able to phone the Premier line and ask them to change the dates for you and waive the change fee based on your status.
Old Jul 5, 2012, 9:47 pm

Programs: UA-1K
Don't you always have 24 hrs for a full refund? And if yes, you could try to do it.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.