Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Cheaper ticket on travelocity, wanting to use voucher?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2012, 4:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hertz 5*

I saw a IAD-PDX flight on Travelocity and I wanted to book it on United is there a way I could get UA to match the travelocity price and use the voucher?
Old Jul 5, 2012, 4:26 pm

Programs: UA-1K
UA Low Fare Guarantee:
"...if you find a fare for the same flight, itinerary and cabin at a price that is lower than the fare offered on united.com by $10 or more, we'll make up the difference and give you a $100 USD Electronic Travel Certificate."
https://www.united.com/CMS/en-US/pro...guarantee.aspx
Old Jul 5, 2012, 4:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hertz 5*
The problem is I dont see it on United.com
Old Jul 5, 2012, 4:38 pm

Programs: BA Gold, UA Nobody, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by ua653flyer
The problem is I dont see it on United.com
You mean you don't see the flight at all? The search engine has been being really temperamental over the last few days and I've been having to be really specific on searches to get it to show some flights. If all else fails try calling web support.
Old Jul 5, 2012, 4:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
How far have you gotten in the travelocity screen. Have you clicked in to select specific flights, or are you just seeing it on the search page. I ask because sites always cache fares, and it could be if you go forward to book, you might get a notice saying the fare has changed.
Old Jul 5, 2012, 9:32 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, SQ PPS, CX Silver, Accor Platinum, Marriott Gold, SPG Silver
Originally Posted by emcampbe
How far have you gotten in the travelocity screen. Have you clicked in to select specific flights, or are you just seeing it on the search page. I ask because sites always cache fares, and it could be if you go forward to book, you might get a notice saying the fare has changed.
This is probably it.

As for the price match, it's almost impossible to get uncleared upgrade copays refunded. Good luck with a price match, when most of the telephone agents aren't empowered or able to do anything beyond the standard without consulting a supervisor or web support.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.