Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

AVOD/IFE Entertainment Listing for UA Flights

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 11, 2014, 8:13 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Print Wikipost

AVOD/IFE Entertainment Listing for UA Flights

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2017, 9:14 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM
Originally Posted by noname83
One example - website still shows December/January.
Do you mean Private Screening or Mainscreen entertainment?

Private screening is updated quite well.

There's errors though (on website and on plane), so not 100% accurate. For instance: THE HUNT (2016, Korea) has the description of THE HUNT (2012, Denmark): http://unitedprivatescreening.com/fe...opsis=20066560
Old Mar 21, 2017, 5:01 pm

Programs: UA Platinum (1MM Gold), HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by noname83
One example - website still shows December/January.
So I guess United has stopped posting the AVOD schedules for us Luddites who'd rather watch it on the large screen in BF rather than our phones or tablets? The only links I can find now on the united.com web site take you to a video (why is it that everyone thinks we'd want video explanations of something well served by print?) that essentially says, "trust us, you'll have a lot to watch." I used to be able to, and liked, using the AVOD listing for upcoming flights to prioritize what I wanted to watch elsewhere. Not any more, apparently.
Old Mar 22, 2017, 5:21 am

http://unitedprivatescreening.com

The interface isn't the best, but in the MIDDLE of the screen, next to the "home" button, the are buttons for "movies", "tv", etc. Those will show the complete listings (once you hit "more" a couple of times).
Old Mar 22, 2017, 6:14 am

Programs: UA Platinum (1MM Gold), HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by kateem

The interface isn't the best, but in the MIDDLE of the screen, next to the "home" button, the are buttons for "movies", "tv", etc. Those will show the complete listings (once you hit "more" a couple of times).
Thanks! Right there, but I missed it somehow. Still liked having a one page list I could carry as a digital document.
Old Apr 8, 2017, 5:53 pm

Originally Posted by kateem
Those will show the complete listings (once you hit "more" a couple of times).
I had to click "more" like a couple of HUNDRED times. Why did they go the distracting Netflix route with this? And why do they think we only want to see 3-6 titles at a time?

It is a shame that United eliminated the tried and true listing.
Old Apr 14, 2017, 10:06 am

my tablet is running windows 8.1, but only could get the simplfied flight map on a recent 737-900 flight. what do I have to download to see the movies?
Old Aug 20, 2017, 7:26 pm

Today I was on a 757-200 ORD-SFO, and was curious about what movies were available on the in-seat IFE. I selected “all movies” and the screen gave me 29 to choose from.

Later in the flight, I glanced at my neighbor’s screen as he was in the process of selecting a movie that I hadn’t noticed on my list. His screen said that movie was #xx of 60. So, either there were movies not included in “all movies,” or my seat neighbor had twice as many from which to choose as I did.

In the end, I didn’t care (opted for a book instead), just found it a bit odd.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.