Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Change in infant seating policy due to airbags?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2, 2012, 12:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United 1K MM, Marriott Platinum, Starwood Gold

I am curious if there is about to be a system-wide change to the infant seating policy due to the Sky Interior that has airbags at the bulkhead.

We had a lovely mysterious seat change at the airport when traveling with our infant in her own seat on a 739. After an hour on the phone a Customer Service Director said “per United infant seating rules, no infants are allowed in the bulkhead.” While I called BS on this I had no choice but to beg people to move around. BTW we were not on plane with the airbags.

So my question now is will UA move to a policy across the board for no infants in narrow-body bulkheads due to the airbags being installed with the sky interior?
Old Jul 2, 2012, 12:48 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Plat
Interesting question (that I can't answer). For those who want to learn more about these airbags:
http://www.usatoday.com/travel/fligh...air-bags_N.htm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.