Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Annual 5,000 EQM on Chase MP Signature Visa is now history?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Annual 5,000 EQM on Chase MP Signature Visa is now history?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2013, 4:13 am

Programs: UA GS 4MM, RCC life member (paid), Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, CLEAR
Originally Posted by DaviddesJ
I still get my 10k PQM each year. I would rather get 5k PQM and 3x RDM on UA purchases, though. I spend around $40k a year on UA tickets, generally all on this card, so that would be worth around $800/year compared to my 2x card.

BTW, one other interesting thing about the card, it gives 2x RDM on all Star Alliance purchases, not just UA. The current UA cards only give bonus RDM on UA itself.
Precisely. Even for only $30K a year on UA I like the Select card better.

Thank you for the reminder. I forgot about the 2X for *A.
Old Jul 30, 2013, 2:55 pm

Programs: United 1K 2.7 MM
Originally Posted by PanAmWT
The Platinum gives out 5K (spent on UA) + 5K ($35K threashold) EQM. Maximum 10K EQM. Purchase of UA gets double miles. Annviersary was a highly restrictive free companion ticket on a zone fare more expensive than available discounted fares. So it was practically useless.

The Select gives out only 5K EQM max, the anniversary becomes a more useful 5K RDM, and UA pruchases get triple miles.

These cards are not available any more.
How do you know which card you have? Mine is "platinum color" but says
VISA signature? I thought I had the Platatinum card: have had it for ages!
I'm asking because I don't remember getting more than 5K EQM bonus miles
Old Jul 30, 2013, 3:04 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by mmack
How do you know which card you have?
Log in to chase.com and you can view the exact rewards description for your card.
Old Jul 30, 2013, 7:59 pm

Programs: not anymore! I'm FREE!
It says "Signature". 5k PQM bonus for $35k spend; up to $5k PQM for united.com spend.
Old Jul 30, 2013, 8:24 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Award Details on the Chase site for my Platinum card
Earn MileagePlus award miles towards travel on United and much more!
•Earn 1 mile for every $1 spent on eligible purchases
•Earn 2 miles for every $1 spent on eligible United ticket purchases
•Earn up to 5,000 Premier Qualifying Miles each year
Interesting to note the $35K bonus statement is missing (it was there before I believe)
Might relate to the strange posting of the $35K bonus this year discussed on http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...visa-year.html

The "View rewards program rules and regulations" dated 03/27/12 still has
As a one-time bonus each Year, once you reach $35,000 or more in Net Purchases, and you make one additional purchase within that Year, you will receive 5,000 PQM.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Jul 30, 2013 at 8:58 pm Reason: corrected error -- looked at wrong card
Old Jul 31, 2013, 1:37 am

Programs: UA GS 4MM, RCC life member (paid), Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, CLEAR
Originally Posted by snic
It says "Signature". 5k PQM bonus for $35k spend; up to $5k PQM for united.com spend.
No. "Signature" refers to a particular category of Visa benefits, and is not a UA thing. The Platinum, the Select, and the current cards such as MP Explorer are all Visa Signature.
Old Jul 31, 2013, 7:22 am

Programs: not anymore! I'm FREE!
Originally Posted by PanAmWT
No. "Signature" refers to a particular category of Visa benefits, and is not a UA thing. The Platinum, the Select, and the current cards such as MP Explorer are all Visa Signature.
I know that. I was telling the previous poster what is written on my card. It used to say "Platinum". Now it says "Signature". You're right that just because it says "Signature" does not mean than you get the previous "Platinum" benefits.
Old Jul 31, 2013, 7:53 am

Programs: UA 1K
I have had the Select card for a few years and I think I can clear up the confusion from the previous posts.

You get 5000 RDMs on your anniversary.

You can also earn up to 5000 PQM by using your card to purchase UA tickets on United.com, at a 1 PQM per $ ratio. Those purchases have to be UA tickets on UA-operated flights, purchased online at united.com using your UA cc. If any of those conditions are not met, you don't get the PQM. The PQM get added to your account incrementally, a few weeks each month after your cc statement posts. These PQM post until you hit the 5000 maximum.

Compared to all the things that often go wrong, I have personally found this system to be smooth and error-free...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.