Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Annual 5,000 EQM on Chase MP Signature Visa is now history?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Annual 5,000 EQM on Chase MP Signature Visa is now history?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2013, 10:40 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Iuguy16
Can you send the link to sign up? So if i read this right, I can get up to 5k pqm towards my elite stratus each year based on how much I spend at united.com?
No longer available for new customers.
No presently offered credit card for new customers provides PQMs as benefit.
Presently offered Chase MP cards
Old Jul 27, 2013, 10:42 am

Programs: 1K 2010, 1P in 2011, Plat for 2012,13,14,15 & 2016. Gold in 17 & 18, Plat since
Originally Posted by mre5765
Never have had an anniversary 5000 EQM. The first year I did get 15000 EQMs, 5000 for $35k spend, $5000 for umited.com, and $5000 as a sign up bonus (though I believe that had a spend requirement).
$5000 as a sign up bonus? How long does my card have to be cancelled before I can re-sign and get that?
Originally Posted by anc-ord772
New UNITED will take back the PQM and adjust your status accordingly.
Is there actually evidence to support United taking back PQMs already given?
Old Jul 27, 2013, 11:43 am

Programs: 1K 2010, 1P in 2011, Plat for 2012,13,14,15 & 2016. Gold in 17 & 18, Plat since
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
No longer available for new customers.
No presently offered credit card for new customers provides PQMs as benefit.
Presently offered Chase MP cards
New cards don't allow you to purchase PQMs via "choice" points? I didn't realize that program, too, had been discontinued. Jeff is really trying to think out the herd if that's the case!
Old Jul 27, 2013, 1:36 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Mike Jacoubowsky
New cards don't allow you to purchase PQMs via "choice" points? I didn't realize that program, too, had been discontinued. Jeff is really trying to think out the herd if that's the case!
New / old cards neither work and with the lack of any customer notification -- appears the ChoicePoints / PQM program has been killed.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...-annually.html
Old Jul 27, 2013, 3:55 pm

Programs: UA MM | BA Silver
Originally Posted by Mike Jacoubowsky
Is there actually evidence to support United taking back PQMs already given?
Uh, yeah.

Random Elite Status Downgrade on UA's Website - Anyone Else?

Originally Posted by UA Insider
Hi everyone,

Sorry for the late update on this. Without being able to respond to each individual case, I can give some background on what anc-ord772 and others have been seeing.

Starting last year, there was a limited number of duplicate flight postings in a some member accounts. We are now in the process of backing out those award miles and PQM/PQS. However, in the event that a member’s 2012 PQM/PQS balance, inclusive of the duplicate postings, would have made a difference in terms of earning a higher Premier status, we will honor the highest level earned.

The process to "re-up" members to their higher status level should be complete by the end of the next week. However, if you have been affected by the temporary change and status and are traveling within the next week, the MileagePlus Service Center will be able to make a manual change.

Aaron Goldberg
Sr. Manager - Customer Experience Planning
United Airlines
Old Jul 27, 2013, 6:20 pm

Programs: UA 1K, 1.3mm
Originally Posted by mre5765
Never have had an anniversary 5000 EQM. The first year I did get 15000 EQMs, 5000 EQM for $35k spend, 5000 EQM for united.com, and 5000 EQM as a sign up bonus (though I believe that had a spend requirement).
That is how I remember it as well. It was called "Platinum" when I signed up about 10 years ago. A few years later the Select card replaced it.
Old Jul 28, 2013, 1:45 am

Programs: UA GS 4MM, RCC life member (paid), Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, CLEAR
Originally Posted by SGJazz
That is how I remember it as well. It was called "Platinum" when I signed up about 10 years ago. A few years later the Select card replaced it.
The Platinum gives out 5K (spent on UA) + 5K ($35K threashold) EQM. Maximum 10K EQM. Purchase of UA gets double miles. Annviersary was a highly restrictive free companion ticket on a zone fare more expensive than available discounted fares. So it was practically useless.

The Select gives out only 5K EQM max, the anniversary becomes a more useful 5K RDM, and UA pruchases get triple miles.

These cards are not available any more.
Old Jul 28, 2013, 4:48 am

Originally Posted by PanAmWT
The Platinum gives out 5K (spent on UA) + 5K ($35K threashold) EQM. Maximum 10K EQM. Purchase of UA gets double miles. Annviersary was a highly restrictive free companion ticket on a zone fare more expensive than available discounted fares. So it was practically useless
And, the choices program. I have used it in the past but I value the miles more so I don't redeem any more. I've used the companion cert a few times on expensive fares and as long as you can find T bucket you make out pretty good. And, with a note to 1k voice I've gotten RDM/PQM for both tickets.
Old Jul 28, 2013, 6:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
And, the choices program. I have used it in the past but I value the miles more so I don't redeem any more. I've used the companion cert a few times on expensive fares and as long as you can find T bucket you make out pretty good. And, with a note to 1k voice I've gotten RDM/PQM for both tickets.
UA killed off Choices without telling us, not sure if you're aware of that
Old Jul 28, 2013, 7:55 am

Programs: not anymore! I'm FREE!
Originally Posted by PanAmWT
Annviersary was a highly restrictive free companion ticket on a zone fare more expensive than available discounted fares. So it was practically useless.
Ironically enough, the zone fare certificate has proven to be quite useful lately - I've saved hundreds of dollars with it in the last few years. I think it's because (a) airfares have gone up whereas the zone fares haven't increased appreciably, if at all, in years, and (b) there are many fewer people holding these cards anymore, so that leaves a lot of T inventory left for those of us who still cling to it. So, with the 5000 PQM for $35K spend and the double RDM for "everyday" purchases, this card has been well worth the $140 annual fee.

But, as you said, it's no longer available to new applicants.
Old Jul 28, 2013, 9:21 am

Originally Posted by UA-NYC
UA killed off Choices without telling us, not sure if you're aware of that
I was aware you could no longer redeem for PQM but I thought you could still redeem a paid flight. I can still see my choices balance.

Originally Posted by snic
So, with the 5000 PQM for $35K spend and the double RDM for "everyday" purchases, this card has been well worth the $140 annual fee.
Minus $60 if you are 1k. Used to be completely waived pre-merger.

Last edited by iluv2fly; Jul 28, 2013 at 10:26 am Reason: merge
Old Jul 28, 2013, 10:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
I was aware you could no longer redeem for PQM but I thought you could still redeem a paid flight. I can still see my choices balance.
Ah yeah you're right, I forgot about "regular" Choices. Assume UA will keep that since if they can get you to burn miles at 1 CPM, they're doing quite well for themselves.
Old Jul 28, 2013, 10:53 am

Originally Posted by UA-NYC
Ah yeah you're right, I forgot about "regular" Choices. Assume UA will keep that since if they can get you to burn miles at 1 CPM, they're doing quite well for themselves.
Agreed. UA makes out very well buying back those miles. I've done it in leaner times but thankfully no more.
Old Jul 29, 2013, 1:00 am

Programs: UA GS 4MM, RCC life member (paid), Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, CLEAR
Originally Posted by snic
Ironically enough, the zone fare certificate has proven to be quite useful lately - I've saved hundreds of dollars with it in the last few years. I think it's because (a) airfares have gone up whereas the zone fares haven't increased appreciably, if at all, in years, and (b) there are many fewer people holding these cards anymore, so that leaves a lot of T inventory left for those of us who still cling to it. So, with the 5000 PQM for $35K spend and the double RDM for "everyday" purchases, this card has been well worth the $140 annual fee.

But, as you said, it's no longer available to new applicants.
I see. The time I had the Platinum I never used the companion ticket once. I switched to Select because I normally have far more EQM (POM now) than 100K, so the 35K threshold EQM had little use to me. On the other hand, purchasing UA tickets get 3X miles was worthwhile benefit to me. Plus the 5K RDM anniversary, I get at least a savers domestic or higher extra compared to 2X.
Old Jul 29, 2013, 1:59 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
I still get my 10k PQM each year. I would rather get 5k PQM and 3x RDM on UA purchases, though. I spend around $40k a year on UA tickets, generally all on this card, so that would be worth around $800/year compared to my 2x card.

BTW, one other interesting thing about the card, it gives 2x RDM on all Star Alliance purchases, not just UA. The current UA cards only give bonus RDM on UA itself.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.