Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Questions About United's 767 Service (FRA-IAH) in Business Class

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2012, 11:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA - 1K

Going to Fly FRA-IAH in september, I have never been on a 767, are they pretty nice? I will be in business class, and I usually fly this leg on Lufthansa which is on a 747.

thanks,

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Jun 30, 2012 at 12:12 pm Reason: please note what a proper thread title looks like; thank you
Old Jun 30, 2012, 12:08 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, Avis 1st
Depends on whether or not you get one of the converted 767's. As of right now, 75% of the pmCO 764's have been converted to the new BusinessFirst which have nice full lie-flat seats. If you get one of the few birds not converted than you're looking at an incredibly outdated recliner.
Old Jun 30, 2012, 12:37 pm

If you get n updated one then it will e a great ride. Lie flat seating, great AVOD. enjoy!
Old Jul 1, 2012, 1:48 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by iahkid2014
Depends on whether or not you get one of the converted 767's. As of right now, 75% of the pmCO 764's have been converted to the new BusinessFirst which have nice full lie-flat seats. If you get one of the few birds not converted than you're looking at an incredibly outdated recliner.
Online when I picked my seat I am pretty sure it said BusinessFirst, and the configuration was a 2-1-2 layout.
Old Jul 1, 2012, 2:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EXP, AA-0.41MM, UA-Gold, Ex UA-1K (2006 thru 2015), PMUA-0.95MM, COUA-1.5MM-lite, AF-Silver
Originally Posted by trele6
Online when I picked my seat I am pretty sure it said BusinessFirst, and the configuration was a 2-1-2 layout.
Makes no difference. Equipment changes occur at the last minute all the time.
Old Jul 1, 2012, 3:16 am

Programs: United 1K, Delta Gold, Cathay Pacific Diamond, SPG plat.
This is a little outdated because I flew this around 10 months ago but I included pictures of the service to give you an idea. It's a trip report I did and if you get the new 767 seats, they are the same as in this report.

http://www.airliners.net/aviation-fo...d.main/197341/

The first few pics won't interest you!
Old Jul 1, 2012, 4:35 am

Programs: QR platinum
If your fare class allows (D/C/J) and you have GPU available, you could consider requesting a paper one printed for upgrade on LH from MP, and then have a chance to apply it on departure day for a ride in LH F, which would be the worth the risk of getting the LH C seat if the upgrade does not clear.

If booked in P/Z, then it is a hard call. I would rate LH C over the old seat you might get with probability ~25% (btw, it would be called BusinessFirst in any case...) but the lie flat seat on UA wins by far.
Old Jul 1, 2012, 5:37 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jetboy787
This is a little outdated because I flew this around 10 months ago but I included pictures of the service to give you an idea. It's a trip report I did and if you get the new 767 seats, they are the same as in this report.

http://www.airliners.net/aviation-fo...d.main/197341/

The first few pics won't interest you!
Thanks for the link, really nice photos. I was reading some of the comments though with people saying they couldnt get free wifi in the lounge at FRA. I fly threw there every other month for the last 13 and I never have a problem connecting to the free wifi through t-mobile when I am there. You just have to bring up a webpage and click you agree to terms etc and that is all.

Originally Posted by CASAFlyer
If your fare class allows (D/C/J) and you have GPU available, you could consider requesting a paper one printed for upgrade on LH from MP, and then have a chance to apply it on departure day for a ride in LH F, which would be the worth the risk of getting the LH C seat if the upgrade does not clear.

If booked in P/Z, then it is a hard call. I would rate LH C over the old seat you might get with probability ~25% (btw, it would be called BusinessFirst in any case...) but the lie flat seat on UA wins by far.

Pretty new to this board so some of the acronyms still get me, what is "MP"? I am booked in C it appears when looking on the United Website, but I think it comes through as Z on LH.. My actual itinerary is IAH-FRA-SSG and back. The ticket is booked through my company's travel agency. I do have GPU's available, but the desk clerks in SSG probably have no clue what those are or how to use them if I wanted to use it on my way back home.

I have never requested a paper GPU also, and was reading another thread about issues getting these since the merger, and helpful hints?

Thanks,

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Jul 1, 2012 at 5:47 am Reason: multi-quote
Old Jul 1, 2012, 5:49 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz

I have never requested a paper GPU also, and was reading another thread about issues getting these since the merger, and helpful hints?

Thanks,
Please refer to the existing thread for hints; please also post any questions about the process there. Thanks.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...lufthansa.html
Old Jul 1, 2012, 5:53 am

Programs: United 1K, Delta Gold, Cathay Pacific Diamond, SPG plat.
Thanks for the link, really nice photos. I was reading some of the comments though with people saying they couldnt get free wifi in the lounge at FRA. I fly threw there every other month for the last 13 and I never have a problem connecting to the free wifi through t-mobile when I am there. You just have to bring up a webpage and click you agree to terms etc and that is all.
They literally added the free internet two days after I flew this route!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.