Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Award Question - Coach connect to Saver Biz

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2012, 11:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS & Marriott Titanium

Hi - I found availability to go DFW-FRA-FLR on LH in Saver Business. Problem is I need to get from IAH-DFW in order to connect onwards. The agents are saying there is no availability for this leg. In the past, I have had agents open up coach seats when the onward journey was booked in Business even when XN/X=0 on the domestic flight. I've tried twice via GS line and both agents have said no can do. Am I missing something or was I just lucky before?
Old Jun 21, 2012, 12:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold, 1 MM
I think you were lucky, but it's always worth a try to see if they can manually open up availability.
Old Jun 21, 2012, 3:04 pm
Original Poster

Thanks. Called back and got an agent who explained it. Said there are some lower fare buckets that can be converted to XN. Didn't specify which or if ability to do it depended on status. Said if the inventory is there, they "overbook" XN and it grabs from the lower fare bucket.
Old Jun 21, 2012, 3:49 pm
Original Poster

Incidentally, the agent said I could book YN on the domestic connection for an incremental 12,500 miles (above the 50k each way for the biz saver). Said ok. She booked it and the miles never got deducted when she went to ticket. Told me to take it and run which I gladly did.
Old Jun 21, 2012, 4:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold, 1 MM
Originally Posted by ajhun9
Incidentally, the agent said I could book YN on the domestic connection for an incremental 12,500 miles (above the 50k each way for the biz saver). Said ok. She booked it and the miles never got deducted when she went to ticket. Told me to take it and run which I gladly did.
Don't be surprised if those miles are deducted later following a sweep.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.