Community
Wiki Posts
Search

E+ on 737-900 and 757-300

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18, 2012, 7:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
E+ on 737-900 and 757-300

I have a flight on a 737-900 and a 757-300. Seems that there are very limited E+ seats that show on the seat map. The up front seats show Reserved when toggled over ( they are available ) and just the exit rows show E+. I was on a flight a month ago that showed that same seat map and the "reserved" seats were actually E+ with tv screens in the seat back on front of you. Are the maps wrong? I do see the try E+ seating with the space on the map for a 737-800. Any thoughts.. Thanks and Safe Travels
Old Jun 18, 2012, 7:15 pm

Originally Posted by Flying Machine
I have a flight on a 737-900 and a 757-300. Seems that there are very limited E+ seats that show on the seat map. The up front seats show Reserved when toggled over ( they are available ) and just the exit rows show E+. I was on a flight a month ago that showed that same seat map and the "reserved" seats were actually E+ with tv screens in the seat back on front of you. Are the maps wrong? I do see the try E+ seating with the space on the map for a 737-800. Any thoughts.. Thanks and Safe Travels
If you look at the seat maps if row 14 is missing then your aircraft doesnt have E+. But be careful, because a friend of mine booked a flight and for about month before departure it showed the normal configuration, the day before it magically had the E+ configuration, so i would just keep checking your seats etc. Also only the 737-700/800/900 fleet have DTV (Some don't). The first 753 is currently in MCO awaiting STC for DTV installs.
Old Jun 19, 2012, 5:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by JOSECONLSCREW28
If you look at the seat maps if row 14 is missing then your aircraft doesnt have E+. But be careful, because a friend of mine booked a flight and for about month before departure it showed the normal configuration, the day before it magically had the E+ configuration, so i would just keep checking your seats etc. Also only the 737-700/800/900 fleet have DTV (Some don't). The first 753 is currently in MCO awaiting STC for DTV installs.
So are you saying if there "is" a row 14 on a 737-900 and 757-300 and when you toggle over seats in the front part of economy and it shows the seat number and "reserved" it is actually E+ seating. Even though the seat map does not designate it as E+ in blue as the exit rows show?
Old Jun 19, 2012, 6:32 pm

Programs: UA 1P MM, AA-PP, AS, DL, HH G, SPG Gold, TA nada
So are you saying if there "is" a row 14 on a 737-900 and 757-300 and when you toggle over seats in the front part of economy and it shows the seat number and "reserved" it is actually E+ seating. Even though the seat map does not designate it as E+ in blue as the exit rows show?
I think he/she mean that if there isn't a row 14 then it does have E+
Old Jun 19, 2012, 6:43 pm
Original Poster

Well I called..

Originally Posted by zoegksf
I think he/she mean that if there isn't a row 14 then it does have E+
Agent said that if you are premier and you toggle over seats in the front economy cabin and it says "reserved" and the ones in the back just show the seat number then the ones that are "reserved" are actually E+. Further went on and stated that they are updating aircraft and since they are planning new seatmaps later in the year this is a kind of quick fix.. Funny I believe her. As I was on a flight last month and picked a blue E+ (only E+'s were the exit rows ) only to see nice new seating in the front rows. I got off and asked for another seat. GA was not happy, I said if you cant do it, off load me and I will take another flight with SDC and have a few drinks in the UA Club. Viola 10A appeared...
Old Jun 19, 2012, 6:50 pm

Agent said that if you are premier and you toggle over seats in the front economy cabin and it says "reserved" and the ones in the back just show the seat number then the ones that are "reserved" are actually E+. Further went on and stated that they are updating aircraft and since they are planning new seatmaps later in the year this is a kind of quick fix.. Funny I believe her. As I was on a flight last month and picked a blue E+ (only E+'s were the exit rows ) only to see nice new seating in the front rows. I got off and asked for another seat. GA was not happy, I said if you cant do it, off load me and I will take another flight with SDC and have a few drinks in the UA Club. Viola 10A appeared...
On aircraft where E+ hasnt been installed yet and there is still a row 14, Only the bulkhead rows and the over wing exit rows are sold as E+
Old Jun 19, 2012, 7:45 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JOSECONLSCREW28
On aircraft where E+ hasnt been installed yet and there is still a row 14, Only the bulkhead rows and the over wing exit rows are sold as E+
As much as I hear you, Ive seen different UA 17 first week of May EWR-LAX Thanks for your help, but I disagree based on that flight and maps when I reserved and checked in...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.