Wiki Posts
Search

"Ghost" MP Availability - Again

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2012, 9:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plat, 2MM
"Ghost" MP Availability - Again

About 7 months ago I was trying to book at miles ticket on the CO website. It showed availability of LH in F. It would not book and the phone agents could not get it either. I was assured by CO that this was "temporary" and would be fixed.

Today I am looking for TG availability from FRA-BKK. TG had nothing available after April, 2013 for booking. Today the availability "came on line". I tried to book it, could not, called the 1K reservation, they could not, they put me through to website suppot, they saw it, but could not book it. Now TG has joined the phantom airline availability.

Again, they are giving the long list of why it cannot be booked. The last thing they admit is their website is a piece of junk.
Old Jun 18, 2012, 2:02 am

Check with aeroplan/ANA to see if it is really available or not
Old Jun 18, 2012, 5:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Saw some ghost LH for a couple weeks for now...not on my preferred routing, but would add a connection in BOS. UA.com clearly showed F availability, but nothing in KVS.
Old Jun 18, 2012, 5:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plat, 2MM
Originally Posted by HumbleBee
Check with aeroplan/ANA to see if it is really available or not
The fligts an class of service are avialable on aeroplan, so they exist. Just UA website ongoing problems?

If they are not available on UA website, why do they show them? Very frustrating to be going through this again with UA.
Old Jun 18, 2012, 6:50 am

Originally Posted by TonyBurr
The fligts an class of service are avialable on aeroplan, so they exist. Just UA website ongoing problems?

If they are not available on UA website, why do they show them? Very frustrating to be going through this again with UA.
Recently, I've had several itineraries where United.com let me put a LH segment on hold, then after doing that I got a red message 'This flight segment is waitlisted'.

Since it shows avail on Aeroplan, and I had a UA CSR call the LH * Desk (or something like that), I'm suspicious this might be LH's fault and not uniteds.

This is different than plain phantom LH avail which united.com shows, but won't let u put on hold.
Old Jun 18, 2012, 6:53 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
This same thing just happened to me with NH availability 2 days ago. I saw it, called, and the agent said it's no longer there. I refreshed my screen many times, but she still could not book it for me. She said "keep checking" which made me laugh -- how am I supposed to keep checking if it says its' there but really not?
Old Jun 18, 2012, 7:04 am

Originally Posted by chavala
This same thing just happened to me with NH availability 2 days ago. I saw it, called, and the agent said it's no longer there. I refreshed my screen many times, but she still could not book it for me. She said "keep checking" which made me laugh -- how am I supposed to keep checking if it says its' there but really not?
The only way to check is on Aeroplan, or by attempting to put on hold on united.com
Old Jun 18, 2012, 7:06 am

Programs: EK-IO, UA-1K2MM, ETIHAD-GOLD, SPG-PLAT LIFETIME, JUMEIRAH SERIUS GOLD
When in doubt - check the ANA site. I don't even bother looking at the UA site any longer. What's the point. We all know this problem is not going away
Old Jun 18, 2012, 7:19 am

Originally Posted by chinatraderjmr
When in doubt - check the ANA site. I don't even bother looking at the UA site any longer. What's the point. We all know this problem is not going away
ANA is very uncreative with routings. I use it too - just pointing out the downsides.

It is also not 100% accurate. IME it fails to show TK avail.

Even after all the issues, United.com award booking function is an industry leader IMHO. Aeroplan can get very hard to use, and many routes are completely unbookable online. ANA is very hard for the average user to use.
Old Jun 18, 2012, 7:20 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, WN A+, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Amb, Hertz PC
I had issues with phantom LH F availability when booking a reward recently. I made it to the final page when it was processing cc info and got an error that I needed to call. Agent couldn't locate any availability that was showing on united.com. Ended up getting J on a different date on a preferred flight anyway.
Old Jun 18, 2012, 7:31 am

Programs: EK-IO, UA-1K2MM, ETIHAD-GOLD, SPG-PLAT LIFETIME, JUMEIRAH SERIUS GOLD
ANA is very uncreative with routings. I use it too - just pointing out the downsides.

It is also not 100% accurate. IME it fails to show TK avail.

Even after all the issues, United.com award booking function is an industry leader IMHO. Aeroplan can get very hard to use, and many routes are completely unbookable online. ANA is very hard for the average user to use.
All to true. I use it only to check segment by segment LH/TG availability so it works from me.

I know when flying from NY to BKK I want to take the LH380 from FRA-NRT so ANA is good for finding that flight. Then it's easy to find a flight within 24 hours from NRT-BKK. Finally from NY - FRA the day before I need to sometimes get creative but still works well)

Hard to use? Yeah, I guess so. I'm about as computer savy as Mike Tyson but I tolayed w it for a few days and now I'm a pro
Old Jun 18, 2012, 10:10 am
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
How about this one (albeit in reverse)...

MIA-FRA-CDG

Both MIA-FRA & FRA-CDG are daily flights

Can't book a revenue flight let alone see award availability as in both cases, the flights don't show on .sux

Called and asked the agent if she could see the flights

Agent: Yes, would you like first, business or economy?

Me: Business and I'm looking for award seats plus I know you'll probably say no, but by any chance do you see 3 business award seats?

Agent: Yes, there are 6 business award seats available-well 3 now as I just grabbed yours ^
Old Jun 18, 2012, 10:27 am

Originally Posted by goalie
How about this one (albeit in reverse)...

MIA-FRA-CDG

Both MIA-FRA & FRA-CDG are daily flights

Can't book a revenue flight let alone see award availability as in both cases, the flights don't show on .sux

Called and asked the agent if she could see the flights

Agent: Yes, would you like first, business or economy?

Me: Business and I'm looking for award seats plus I know you'll probably say no, but by any chance do you see 3 business award seats?

Agent: Yes, there are 6 business award seats available-well 3 now as I just grabbed yours ^
Its ticketed? Ex-MIA is tough for TATL
Old Jun 18, 2012, 10:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
I wouldn't celebrate until I got a LH PNR

Good luck though!
Old Jun 18, 2012, 10:40 am
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Its ticketed? Ex-MIA is tough for TATL
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
I wouldn't celebrate until I got a LH PNR

Good luck though!
Yup ticketed, LH PNR and seats assigned on LH

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.