Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"Ghost" MP Availability - Again

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2012, 8:31 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
"Confirmed" is all relative - get both the UA / LH PNRs, make sure you have a ticket #, call LH to see if it looks good from their side.

With SHARES dropping segments left and right (or not even ticketing at all), new COdbaUA best practices are to always follow up with the partner carrier, early and often
I have the UA PNR obviously, but I can't find a LH PNR to save my life anywhere on the rezzie.

Is there a lag between ticketing and obtaining LH PNR, or should it be instant? I'd like to call LH right away, but make sure it's not premature.
Old Jun 28, 2012, 8:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by Cargojon
I have the UA PNR obviously, but I can't find a LH PNR to save my life anywhere on the rezzie.

Is there a lag between ticketing and obtaining LH PNR, or should it be instant? I'd like to call LH right away, but make sure it's not premature.
Once you have the ticket number (016xxxxxxx), you should be able to call LH and ask them for their PNR for your itinerary.

To my knowledge, the LH (or any other airline) PNR does not show up on your UA itinerary.
Old Jun 28, 2012, 8:54 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by goodeats21
Once you have the ticket number (016xxxxxxx), you should be able to call LH and ask them for their PNR for your itinerary.

To my knowledge, the LH (or any other airline) PNR does not show up on your UA itinerary.
I believe last time I took a UA code-share on US, the US PNR was available to me somewhere in the reservation.

Regardless, I have the ticket numbers now so I will give LH a call.

ETA: Called LH, all is well. All segments showing and ticketed, got the LH PNR and went in and selected our seats on LH.com.

Last edited by Cargojon; Jun 28, 2012 at 9:09 am
Old Jun 28, 2012, 10:38 am

Programs: not anymore! I'm FREE!
Originally Posted by goodeats21
Yes, it does (but only once UA issues the ticket - which used to be instantaneous, but now can take several hours to days). It's at the top of the "view itinerary" page, where it says:

United Confirmation Number XYZXYZ
This reservation contains partner flights. View additional confirmation numbers.
Just click the "View additional confirmation numbers" link.
Old Jun 28, 2012, 2:13 pm

Originally Posted by snic
Yes, it does (but only once UA issues the ticket - which used to be instantaneous, but now can take several hours to days). It's at the top of the "view itinerary" page, where it says:
Incorrect. IME it appears when an itinerary is placed on hold as well. Very inconsistent, sometimes it appears, sometimes it doesn't. LX is more prone than LH IME
Old Jun 28, 2012, 2:22 pm

Programs: EK-IO, UA-1K2MM, ETIHAD-GOLD, SPG-PLAT LIFETIME, JUMEIRAH SERIUS GOLD
Originally Posted by HumbleBee
Incorrect. IME it appears when an itinerary is placed on hold as well. Very inconsistent, sometimes it appears, sometimes it doesn't. LX is more prone than LH IME
I got my LH/TG PNR's as soon as I made the reservation which was held 3 days for me. Called LH and TG to get seats and all was fine. They each reminded me that it was not ticketed which was good as when I told them UA was holding for 3 days they made sure the res was not cancelled on their end
Old Jun 28, 2012, 2:39 pm

Originally Posted by chinatraderjmr
I got my LH/TG PNR's as soon as I made the reservation which was held 3 days for me. Called LH and TG to get seats and all was fine. They each reminded me that it was not ticketed which was good as when I told them UA was holding for 3 days they made sure the res was not cancelled on their end
My comment was that not always it appears on united.com however a UA rep will always (well, almost any rep) be able to give u the partner PNR.

This is exactly why earlier in this thread I stated a partner PNR is not proof it was ticketed, only an eTicket number is.
Old Jun 29, 2012, 8:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by snic

Just click the "View additional confirmation numbers" link.
Well, I am sure this will come as a huge shock, but this is not consistent.

I have 2 itineraries with UA issued ticket numbers, and neither one of them has partner PNRs nor a link to "view additional confirmation numbers".

I guess we add this to the long list of YMMV when it comes to UA.com
Old Jul 2, 2012, 10:02 am

Programs: AA EXP, AS 75K, TK Elite
Reverse-ghost availability on NH

Today I experienced a "reverse" ghost (I'd call it hide-and-seek) availability regarding an NH flight.

I was trying to book a one-way award for ICN-PIT in Feb 2013. I found F/C available on NH6 (NRT-LAX) with ANA tool but the flight didn't show up on ua.com even when I searched for NRT-LAX (should've appeared in the "Nonstop Flights" section). Then I called UA and the agent was able to book the entire trip including that flight in F without any problem. It ticketed in a couple of minutes too ^. I was able to select a seat on NH website using the PNR provided, so it should be real.

The search engine seems to have other issues. For example, NH8 (NRT-SFO) appeared as available in C when I searched for NRT-LAX (as a part of NRT-SFO-LAX itin) but it didn't show up when I searched for NRT-SFO. Also, I almost booked NRT-ORD (NH) and ORD-IAD (UA) in F when I found out that the NH segment was actually in C and only the UA segment was in F on a 3-class 767. Normally there should be a "mixed cabin" note in the search result, but that wasn't the case here.
Old Jul 2, 2012, 8:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plat, 2MM
In trying to book LH flights, again they are listed on the website but cannot be booked on the website or by the agent. When will they address this?
Old Jul 2, 2012, 11:56 pm

I've been dealing with UA Insider via PM on this issue. I suggest posting some specific examples of dates/flights for them.
Old Jul 3, 2012, 4:55 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, WN A+, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Amb, Hertz PC
I was finally able to book phantom availability on LH419 in F. I just called every couple of days and finally the agents were able to see that there was in fact one seat available. Amazingly, it only took the agent under 1 minute to switch me from J to F!
Old Jul 3, 2012, 3:37 pm

Programs: DL DM/1MM, AA EXP, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Platinum
UA.com Not Showing Accurate MP Award Availability

Not sure if this is a symptom of the SHARES conversion or something else but I've noticed the web site is not showing proper award availability. Just tried to book an award from ORD-DUS on LH in F. UA website shows seats at 67.5K miles each way in F. Went to purchase and got an error message saying the flights are no longer available. Called 1K line and was told that they do not who ANY seats available on the flights in question, despite the fact that the web site shows availability in all classes.

I struggle with this on DL on a regular basis. Disappointed to see that UA is now experiencing the same issues.

Anyone else experiencing this?
Old Jul 3, 2012, 3:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CO 1K-MM
yeah, happens all the time with LH F.
Old Jul 3, 2012, 3:42 pm

Programs: not anymore! I'm FREE!
Yes. Yes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.