Agent pulled RPU instead of GPU for International Reservation

Subscribe
Should I be concerned? I upgraded an international flight over the phone today (couldn't do it on line for some reason). Upgrade cleared as expected since there was one R seat available. But now that I'm reviewing my account summary, I noticed that the agent deducted an RPU instead of an GPU. Should I spend the time to correct this mistake if it will cause a problem on the date of travel? Or should I ignore it?
I would keep quiet.

Worst case, they take a GPU from you.

You can always ask RPU back in the case.
I'd set aside a couple of hours and call them to correct it.

I have spent a couple of HOURS getting SWU/GPUs moved in and out of our accounts: the last time I had GPUs returned to my husbands account the expiration date changed to 9/30/2012 instead of 12/31/2012. So that took a call to the MP1K desk and 45 minutes to get them to restore the GPU expiration date to the end of the year. It did take a supervisor to do it.

At the gate they very likely will not want to pull a GPU:better to have it sorted ahead of time.
Quote: Should I be concerned? I upgraded an international flight over the phone today (couldn't do it on line for some reason). Upgrade cleared as expected since there was one R seat available. But now that I'm reviewing my account summary, I noticed that the agent deducted an RPU instead of an GPU. Should I spend the time to correct this mistake if it will cause a problem on the date of travel? Or should I ignore it?
Why are you posting this here? If you can select a BF seat then take it and keep quiet. If there's any challenge at the airport - unlikely, if you have a seat assignment - then it's nothing to do with you and everything to do with how UA's employees handled your RQ.
Quote: Why are you posting this here? If you can select a BF seat then take it and keep quiet. If there's any challenge at the airport - unlikely, if you have a seat assignment - then it's nothing to do with you and everything to do with how UA's employees handled your RQ.
+1

Agreed.

I have few things went my way, but I don't feel like posting here.

Since 3/3 I have spent hours and hours dealing with UA for some trivial stuff.

If I got a break once in a while, I feel that I am "ENTITLED" to it.
Quote: Should I be concerned? I upgraded an international flight over the phone today (couldn't do it on line for some reason). Upgrade cleared as expected since there was one R seat available. But now that I'm reviewing my account summary, I noticed that the agent deducted an RPU instead of an GPU. Should I spend the time to correct this mistake if it will cause a problem on the date of travel? Or should I ignore it?
Is this a BusinessFirst market or International Business? If it's BF then I'd keep quiet if the e-ticket is synced properly... if it's International Business then a RPU was the correct upgrade instrument pulled.
Just say thank you, hang up, and pat yourself on the back.
Just throwin' this out there:

Is this a intl itinerary that has a domestic segment?

If so make sure that the RPU wasn't just pulled for the Domestic portion.
Quote: +1

Agreed.

I have few things went my way, but I don't feel like posting here.

Since 3/3 I have spent hours and hours dealing with UA for some trivial stuff.

If I got a break once in a while, I feel that I am "ENTITLED" to it.
Well said. One of the few benefits of archaic and manual systems and processes is the chance of an error in your favor.

Remember that agents manually debit upgrades in the system. Sometimes they double charge you. Sometimes they pull the wrong one.

You won this time. Move on.