Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

United and Continental merger what happened to my miles?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

United and Continental merger what happened to my miles?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2012, 11:02 am
Original Poster

Question United and Continental merger what happened to my miles?

I had made some notes about my United and Continental mileage accounts but I'm confused about how the miles transferred between accounts.

I wrote that in August 2011 that my United miles transferred to Continental.

I checked my Continental miles balance on Feb. 28, 2012 and the balance is what I had expected.

Today I received a flyer from United that said that I could earn bonus miles to add to my Mileage Plus balance.

I thought all of my Mileage Plus miles had been transferred to my Continental account.

Any idea what happened?

Also, is it possible that I still have a Continental One Pass Credit card or were those automatically closed / switched to United credit cards?

Thanks.
Old Jun 15, 2012, 11:17 am

Programs: DL Diamond, UA 1K MM, SPG Plat For Life, Marriott Plat, Nexus/GlobalEntry
Originally Posted by iowa guy
I had made some notes about my United and Continental mileage accounts but I'm confused about how the miles transferred between accounts.

I wrote that in August 2011 that my United miles transferred to Continental.

I checked my Continental miles balance on Feb. 28, 2012 and the balance is what I had expected.

Today I received a flyer from United that said that I could earn bonus miles to add to my Mileage Plus balance.

I thought all of my Mileage Plus miles had been transferred to my Continental account.

Any idea what happened?

Also, is it possible that I still have a Continental One Pass Credit card or were those automatically closed / switched to United credit cards?

Thanks.
Continental no longer exists (in name at least). The airlines merged their systems on 3/3 and your CO account is now your United mileage plus account.. it carries the same number as your former CO OnePass account though. You can login with that number and your password and see your mileage balance..but the program is now called United Mileage Plus. Your former United account number is gone.

As for your credit card..the next time you get a new card from Chase it will say United on it.
Old Jun 15, 2012, 11:19 am

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Ambassador/Lifetime Titanium, Accor Silver, Club Carlson Gold, BW Diamond
Rip Van Winkle LIVES !!!!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.