Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

U126 IAD-DUB: What seats are in BusinessFirst?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

U126 IAD-DUB: What seats are in BusinessFirst?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2012, 2:15 am

Originally Posted by grahatd
The sCO 752's are very comfortable in Business First.
They have the shortest seating length and thus most cramped BF experience there at UA. Nearly impossible to find sleep for my long frame. Compromised AVOD content and frustrating interface are annoyances as well -Five years old, and this product is quickly showing it's age.

Last edited by tuolumne; Nov 27, 2012 at 2:22 am
Old Nov 27, 2012, 2:57 am

Originally Posted by tuolumne
They have the shortest seating length and thus most cramped BF experience there at UA. Nearly impossible to find sleep for my long frame. Compromised AVOD content and frustrating interface are annoyances as well -Five years old, and this product is quickly showing it's age.
I find the BF on the 757 very good. I flew LH from IAD -> FRA on the new 747-800 in First and found it worse then the UA BusinessFirst. Suppose it is down to personal preference.
Old Nov 27, 2012, 3:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Vuzuggu
I find the BF on the 757 very good. I flew LH from IAD -> FRA on the new 747-800 in First and found it worse then the UA BusinessFirst. Suppose it is down to personal preference.
You could make the case for UA BF over old LH C no problem
BF over new LH C? I suppose that's YMMV, though the LH product is brand new

BF over LH F? There are no words to describe that...
Old Nov 27, 2012, 7:29 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by energydj
Anybody have any idea what the biz class loads are like on the DUB-IAD route these days?

I was wondering could I get an upgrade from Econ to Biz with my Premier Platinum card?
The 757s are tough, but the sUA (3-class) 767s are an op-up bonanza every time I've taken them, even as a gold (granted, all my TATL 767 flights this year took place during the height of summer).
Old Nov 27, 2012, 9:07 am

Programs: Aer Lingus, United, Virgin Atlantic, Qatar
I would be a big fan of UA, well more the CO experience. Ive made several trips to MCO via EWR with CO over the past couple of years. My work has put me in touch with UA in Ireland and I was given a platinum card for 2013.

I honestly prefer the CO metal and the 757's with lie flat beds out of DUB. The service is perfect!

Still though, not having the platinum card before. I know I can get the premier plus seats if I book in econ. Anything else I can get?
Old Nov 27, 2012, 9:12 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K MM; BA Silver; Marriott Plat
Still though, not having the platinum card before. I know I can get the premier plus seats if I book in econ. Anything else I can get?
Lounge access if you're in economy.

Agreed on the 752 being a great product in BF - it's vastly better now than when these aircraft were first used for transatlantic flights. I've flown them on dozens of transatlantic trips in both BF and Y and find them to be very comfortable. Definitely better than the sUA 772 and 763 product, IME. Nowhere near LH F though of course (not even on the same planet!)
Old Nov 27, 2012, 1:27 pm

Originally Posted by star_world
Lounge access if you're in economy.

Agreed on the 752 being a great product in BF - it's vastly better now than when these aircraft were first used for transatlantic flights. I've flown them on dozens of transatlantic trips in both BF and Y and find them to be very comfortable. Definitely better than the sUA 772 and 763 product, IME. Nowhere near LH F though of course (not even on the same planet!)

I think international F on the 767-300 is vastly better than anything on the 2-class 757s. Have you ever tried seat 2K?
Old Nov 27, 2012, 1:31 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K MM; BA Silver; Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by tuolumne
I think international F on the 767-300 is vastly better than anything on the 2-class 757s. Have you ever tried seat 2K?
Indeed - I was referring to business class. Should have made that clearer.
Old Nov 28, 2012, 4:52 pm

Programs: Aer Lingus, United, Virgin Atlantic, Qatar
Im still trying to figure out the benefits of the premier platinum card. IF I book an economy flight and want to upgrade to business the day before I go, will I get preferred access to the flight because of the card?
Old Nov 28, 2012, 5:12 pm

Programs: UA Plat, AS MVP, HH Gold, MR Gold
Im still trying to figure out the benefits of the premier platinum card. IF I book an economy flight and want to upgrade to business the day before I go, will I get preferred access to the flight because of the card?
You get Plat priority on the wait list, below 1K and above gold. But, you need to use miles and/or cash to get on the waitlist to be prioritized as a Plat.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.