Topguest check-in to keep account alive?

Old Jun 6, 2012, 4:04 pm
Original Poster

Topguest check-in to keep account alive?

Hi,

Is it possible to keep my mileageplus account activated by checking-in through topguest to get the 50miles?

Thanks
Old Jun 6, 2012, 4:25 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Yes. Any activity counts.
Old Jun 6, 2012, 6:17 pm
Used to be MJ-bos

Programs: AA ExecPlat, COdbaUA 1P & 2MM, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, IHG Gold, Avis 1st
Should be interesting if they ever get their act together and see how many airports I'm checking in at ... without any UA flights.

I "left" United on May 31 ... I'm curious how long it will take for the systems to "notice" that I'm not flying UA anymore?
Old Jun 6, 2012, 7:32 pm
Suspended

Programs: United Premier 1K, GE/Nexus, Hertz Pres Circle, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Holiday Inn Plat
Originally Posted by MJ-bos
Should be interesting if they ever get their act together and see how many airports I'm checking in at ... without any UA flights.

I "left" United on May 31 ... I'm curious how long it will take for the systems to "notice" that I'm not flying UA anymore?
I'm sure they are going to call you in a Few weeks and wonder where you've been.
Old Jun 6, 2012, 9:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by Continental250K
I'm sure they are going to call you in a Few weeks and wonder where you've been.
For the record, since they have implement this Topguest thing, I have got 2450 miles from M+.

Based on the T&Cs, no single word has said you have to be on a UA flights at all in order to get it...

http://mileageplus.topguest.com/terms

As a matter of facts, not UA, but my friends are those who have been asking where you have been...
Old Jun 6, 2012, 11:13 pm
Original Poster

Thanks, guys, it's time to work on it=)

Cheers
Old Jun 6, 2012, 11:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by garykung

Based on the T&Cs, no single word has said you have to be on a UA flights at all in order to get it...

http://mileageplus.topguest.com/terms
True, but international airports don't count, even if UA does fly out of them. At least in Asia that's the case.
Old Jun 7, 2012, 3:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by dsquared37
True, but international airports don't count, even if UA does fly out of them. At least in Asia that's the case.
Not exactly - some Canadian airports are included:

http://mileageplus.topguest.com/airports

Also T&Cs #8:

Offer valid only for MileagePlus® members currently residing in the 50 United States (including Alaska and Hawaii). 50 bonus mile offer for sharing location can be earned only at a United home airport within domestic US.
Old Jun 8, 2012, 12:30 am
Used to be MJ-bos

Programs: AA ExecPlat, COdbaUA 1P & 2MM, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, IHG Gold, Avis 1st
Originally Posted by Continental250K
I've been waiting by my phone for Jeff's call asking me where I've been

Seriously, I'm curious to see what kind of offers/emails/communications are generated. The old UA had marketing systems that used business rules triggered by events and trends, have to think CO has that too?

I havent been to Starbucks in a while, got a gift card in the mail with a big carrot (vs a stick) on it. Very clever. I got a "we miss you" call from Nordstrom today letting me know about the Men's half-yearly sale next weekend. Personal and friendly.

I've spent exponentially more dollars (and years) with UA, so the marketer side of me is really interested in what kind of retention/reactivation efforts the new UA will employ.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.