Wiki Posts
Search

United Club Promotions - Any Available?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2012, 3:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA-Platinum; HHonors-Diamond; Hertz Five Star; Priority Club-Gold
United Club Promotions - Any Available?

My work has confirmed they'll let me expense a United Club (Red Carpet Club) membership, but before I purchased the membership I wanted to check the forums to see if there are any promotions out there that any of you know of?

Bueller?
Old Jun 6, 2012, 4:36 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I believe the first year free deal with the Chase card was extended though the end of this month. Otherwise, none I'm aware of.
Old Jun 6, 2012, 4:42 pm

Programs: AMEX Platinum, Global Entry, Priority Pass, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by sbm12
I believe the first year free deal with the Chase card was extended though the end of this month. Otherwise, none I'm aware of.
That is correct. Here is the deal:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...ed-status.html
Old Jun 6, 2012, 4:43 pm

Programs: EK-IO, UA-1K2MM, ETIHAD-GOLD, SPG-PLAT LIFETIME, JUMEIRAH SERIUS GOLD
Originally Posted by sbm12
Didn't they get rid on the one time initiation fee as well for everyone?
Old Jun 6, 2012, 4:50 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by chinatraderjmr
Didn't they get rid on the one time initiation fee as well for everyone?
I believe so, though I thought that was more of a policy change than a promotion.
Old Jun 6, 2012, 4:56 pm

Programs: UA Gold; AA; Amtrak Select Plus;HH Diamond;Hyatt Disc;Hertz PC; Total Wine Grand Reserve!
Although there aren't any at the moment that I'm aware of, the other option is to keep an eye out for US club promotions, (there have been some decent ones in the past) since US club membership also gives your automatic United Club membership as well.
Old Jun 6, 2012, 4:59 pm
RNE

Originally Posted by daterps
My work has confirmed they'll let me expense a United Club (Red Carpet Club) membership, but before I purchased the membership I wanted to check the forums to see if there are any promotions out there that any of you know of?
Your employer may not want to expense your acquiring a credit card, which is really what the above offer is. You may be wiser simply to pay for UC membership (preferably with a UA-affiliated credit card to get miles, natch) and submit the invoice to your employer for reimbursement.
Old Jun 7, 2012, 4:47 am

Programs: UA Gold / *A Gold
United Club Credit Card first year free extended

I have seen on other threads that the United Club Credit Card (normally $ 395 per year) is still offering first year free waived if you apply by June 30.

Their are many other threads that have more details about this, but if you can't find any, please PM me and I'll get one for you.

Your company will appreciate you saving them the money this year, and if you keep the card in the future (which costs either slightly more or slightly less than a United Club Lounge membership), you get some nice additional perks, such as 1.5 miles for each dollar spent, memberships in some car rental and hotel chains that provide perks, and two bags free (which if you Silver Status or less, is a nice perk if you don't travel light).
Old Jun 7, 2012, 6:18 pm

United Clubs have become nothing but school yards with free crackers and water.

Past two Thursday nights in the quiet room, ORD concourse C have been had many screaming little kids that just don't stop. It's more peaceful in the food court.
Old Jun 7, 2012, 6:21 pm

Programs: UA GS, DL-Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Somethingist, Marriott Titanium Lifetime
Originally Posted by boshog

Past two Thursday nights in the quiet room, ORD concourse C have been had many screaming little kids that just don't stop. It's more peaceful in the food court.
But at least its not 85 degrees like in the ORD B club on the end with the lower numbered gates.
Old Jun 8, 2012, 9:21 am

Programs: 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, National Exec. Elite

Man, I can't wait for summer to be over.
Old Jun 8, 2012, 10:07 am

Programs: UA Pt, Marriott Ti, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by RNE
Your employer may not want to expense your acquiring a credit card, which is really what the above offer is. You may be wiser simply to pay for UC membership (preferably with a UA-affiliated credit card to get miles, natch) and submit the invoice to your employer for reimbursement.
My employer has this policy. They will pay for a lounge membership (provided you meet certain travel volume qualifications), but not a fee for a credit card which includes lounge access (eg, United Club or Amex Plat cards).
Old Jun 8, 2012, 2:56 pm
RNE

Originally Posted by RNE
Your employer may not want to expense your acquiring a credit card, which is really what the above offer is...
Good advice from a sage.

Originally Posted by gobluetwo
My employer has this policy. They will pay for a lounge membership...but not a fee for a credit card which includes lounge access (eg, United Club or Amex Plat cards).
Thank you for that validation. I thought it worth mentioning to the OP to check with his/her employer on this fine point. Not everyone agreed with my prudence, preferring instead to opine capriciously what an unspecified company would appreciate.

Originally Posted by dhelman
Your company will appreciate you saving them the money this year...
Old Jun 8, 2012, 4:36 pm

Programs: UA Gold, HA Premier, Hertz #1 Gold PC, SBUX Gold

I remember somebody posting a few months back about a kids' birthday party going on in the SFO UC! I really don't get people guesting young children into the lounges. These are clearly designed with the high volume business/leisure traveler in mind as a place to work and relax, not as a family recreation zone. I fly in Asia quite a bit and you'd never see this kind of thing in a lounge like SQ, TG, etc.

Granted I plan to have kids in the forseeable future, but I would never even think about springing them on other lounge dwellers. Just not the right place to bring your kids.
Old Jun 8, 2012, 6:15 pm
RNE

Originally Posted by gradsflyer
I really don't get people guesting young children into the lounges.
That's tolerable. What's not is children in the bar! Twenty-one and over only, parents!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.