United lost my reservation

Old Jun 2, 2012, 10:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Kettle
Angry United lost my reservation

(I apologize in advance if this needs to be consolidated with another thread).

Today, I type my confirmation for a future flight into United.com and it told me it was invalid.

Called in to talk to an agent. Agent proceeds to put me on hold for 25 minutes, then tells me that my reservation is lost, that they're working on it, and I should call back in a few days...He can't access anything and can't answer any of my questions.

Uh? Really?

After a bit more hassle (and another 20 minutes hold) I go through to a very good supervisor. A few hours (and a call or two) later he emailed me tell me everything was taken care of (gave me a new confirmation number and everything now appears OK).

Has this every happened to anyone?

Great way to spend a Saturday afternoon!
Old Jun 2, 2012, 10:54 pm

Programs: Free Agent
Originally Posted by cozmo82
Has this every happened to anyone?

Great way to spend a Saturday afternoon!
I think we need some more details about the reservation because we don't really know what happened. When did you buy the reservation? Is the reservation all UA metal, or are their other carriers involved? Domestic or international?

I had CO prior to the merger "lose" a reservation of mine involving an international code share. They took my payment online and there was a 24 hour hold to confirm the seat with SAS, SAS confirmed my seat on their flight, and then they didn't issue the ticket because of a lack of payment (something that I tried to explain to them was impossible when going through their own website. The payment is authorized before the reservation is made, but this was lost on them).

I found out while I was in Siberia. Fun.
Old Jun 2, 2012, 10:59 pm
Original Poster

Paid for the reservations about 3 weeks ago on United.com. I had checked it last night, and everything was in order...

It's all UA metal, no other carriers involved.

It's an international booking.

I (think) everything is taken care of, but was really shocked by the occurrence.
Old Jun 2, 2012, 11:06 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
This happened to me on Delta (domestic PDX-SAT flight) in April.

Didn't realize this until OLCI and when I called in no one could tell me why it happened other than it was done by a CS agent with no reason given (I had booked online and never called in to check on the flight).

It got rectified.
Old Jun 3, 2012, 12:17 am

Programs: AS MVPG
Something similar, or the same just happened to me too. Still shows under my reservations but when clicked it goes to an error page with:
! We were unable to review the latest information for this itinerary.

I haven't called yet, it's viewable and looks fine on checkmytrip.

Booked through BMI in February. Might have something to do with as they ended their agreement with UA just about the time I could no longer see it. Involves only UA flights. Shows up fine in BMI's system too. UA iphone app says the confirmation code is wrong, tried all the other confirmation codes that UA had for the reservation and none worked.
Old Jun 3, 2012, 1:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Funny you should mention this....they lost two of my reservations for 2 one-way trips I'm taking in July.....they could see them listed under my MP# profile, but were unable to pull up the flights. The agent on the phone was kind and helpful, but of course had to put me on hold while they figured out what to do with the help of the ticketing department. As it turns out, she said this is a known issue (ie, "bug") that is affecting a relatively small number itineraries....as it stands now, they know about the "bug" but it hasn't yet been fixed. Their solution was to basically recreate my original itinerary and issue me a new confirmation #. Weird problem....the moral of the story is to double-check your itineraries on a regular basis....
Old Jun 3, 2012, 8:29 am

Originally Posted by alphaeagle
Something similar, or the same just happened to me too. Still shows under my reservations but when clicked it goes to an error page with:
! We were unable to review the latest information for this itinerary.

I haven't called yet, it's viewable and looks fine on checkmytrip.
Originally Posted by PDXPremier
Funny you should mention this....they lost two of my reservations for 2 one-way trips.................the moral of the story is to double-check your itineraries on a regular basis....
Man. I'd be on the phone faster than a New York minute!
If it's a know issue, I'd call & wouldn't hang up until they got it right, right now!!! There was a guy last month that didn't check his flights for months, couldn't check in, went to the airport with his family, and guess what?

I watch this stuff like a hawk, and want it corrected immediately!!!
Old Jun 3, 2012, 8:43 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by PDXPremier
Funny you should mention this....they lost two of my reservations for 2 one-way trips I'm taking in July.....they could see them listed under my MP# profile, but were unable to pull up the flights. The agent on the phone was kind and helpful, but of course had to put me on hold while they figured out what to do with the help of the ticketing department. As it turns out, she said this is a known issue (ie, "bug") that is affecting a relatively small number itineraries....as it stands now, they know about the "bug" but it hasn't yet been fixed. Their solution was to basically recreate my original itinerary and issue me a new confirmation #. Weird problem....the moral of the story is to double-check your itineraries on a regular basis....
yes, this is exactly what happened to me, and how they fixed it too.
Old Jun 3, 2012, 8:53 am

Programs: AA, UA, GE
Originally Posted by LilAbner
I watch this stuff like a hawk, and want it corrected immediately!!!
^^^

Also, when you make a reservation, make sure to get copies of everything. I use software that will "print" to an Acrobat PDF file. Get the reservation summary and also the eTicket Itinerary and Receipt page.

This way you have hard copy documentation on the itinerary, payment and the eTicket number(s).
Old Jun 3, 2012, 8:56 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cheltzel
^^^

Also, when you make a reservation, make sure to get copies of everything. I use software that will "print" to an Acrobat PDF file. Get the reservation summary and also the eTicket Itinerary and Receipt page.

This way you have hard copy documentation on the itinerary, payment and the eTicket number(s).
yes - if i hadn't had my eticket numbers (which were in my email) they would have had no way of tracking down my reservation information.
Old Jun 3, 2012, 8:59 am

Programs: UA LT GS 4.12MM (4.08MM BIS), AA EXP 1.86MM ,DL DM 1.1MM, HH LT Diamond, SPG Platinum
I had the same thing happen to me last week on a LAX-HNL flight...only my second flight on UA metal in nearly two months...Reservation supervisor tells me it is an IT issue and to call back the next morning...the morning of my flight???...I responded "No, I want this addressed now"...it took the original supervisor over 90 minutes to get through to IT support where another "competent" supervisor was able to clear up the situation in another 50 minutes telling me that this was something that was happening quite often and it was being looked into To pour salt into the wound, yesterday, I received a call from UA CS asking if I was satisfied in the manner "my situation was resolved?" I responded in the negative saying that taking nearly 2 1/2 hours of my time to resolve this problem was unacceptable...as a "goodwill" gesture, she offered me 2500 miles as an apology...Is it any wonder that our organization bailed on UA last December...customer service like this is unacceptable!

Just Shaking My Head...Sad, Sad, Sad
Old Jun 3, 2012, 9:01 am

Programs: United Silver and HH Diamond
It also might be worthwhile to reconfirm all reservations with the airline (phone rep) 72 hours in advance. This used to be standard procedure in the pre-cell phone and pre-internet days.
Old Jun 3, 2012, 9:11 am

Programs: AA, UA, GE
Originally Posted by cozmo82
yes - if i hadn't had my eticket numbers (which were in my email) they would have had no way of tracking down my reservation information.
Good for you!

Also do the same thing with your boarding passes. Then you are pretty well assured of getting credit for your miles.
Old Jun 3, 2012, 9:36 am

Programs: UA LT GS 4.12MM (4.08MM BIS), AA EXP 1.86MM ,DL DM 1.1MM, HH LT Diamond, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by ChinaShrek
It also might be worthwhile to reconfirm all reservations with the airline (phone rep) 72 hours in advance.
Agree!

Originally Posted by ChinaShrek
This used to be standard procedure in the pre-cell phone and pre-internet days.
...or the rotary party line days!!...I know, I was there!!
...but then, I still use a slide rule instead of a calculator/computer/i-phone...It is no wonder that my staff calls me a dinosaur
Old Jun 3, 2012, 9:43 am

United lost my reservation

The m.o. of a great majority of res agents is to get you off the phone with -----. "Call Back"! (Tomorrow-in 48 hours-in 72 hours or in 2 weeks)
This is total & complete B.S.! They usually don't have a clue how to fix the problem or are too lazy to assist a person.

If anything is in the least bit haywire, I'm on the horn, and sometimes it may take 3 or 4 calls & recalls, but it's fixed before I lay my head on a pillow at night.

I DON'T WAIT FOR A RESERVATION, THAT I PAID FOR, TO BE REENTERED INTO THE SYSTEM, UNTIL AN AGENT HAS TIME TO GETT-ER DUN, AND I DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING THAT THEY TELL ME UNTIL I SEE IT IN BLACK & WHITE, FOR MYSELF, UNDER "MY RESERVATIONS"!!!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.