Wiki Posts
Search

United lost my reservation

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2012, 12:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Kettle
Originally Posted by nicknack
Why are some people getting new confirmation numbers while holding on the phone, while others (like me!) are told to get lost until it's fixed automatically? Anyone have a secret to share?
when i got the brush off, i asked to speak with a supervisor...
Old Jun 6, 2012, 12:54 pm
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
I'm going to be curious to see if those who have cajoled UA into fixing their reservations manually are going to end up with duplicate reservations and/or segments when UA finally does "sweep" and fix them.
Old Jun 6, 2012, 1:44 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Starbucks Gold, PF Chang's Warrior, Wine Century 100
So did your new reservation get confirmed and ticketed with your original e-ticket numbers, or new e-ticket numbers, or are you just still waiting?

Has anyone who was affected by this computer snafu actually been newly confirmed AND ticketed? Or is everyone still waiting for something, or just waiting with a new confirmation number to be ticketed?
It did get confirmed and ticketed, somewhere between 24-48 hours after I called. I got a new record locator number, but the e-ticket number is the same. So I now have two "confirmed and ticketed" reservations appearing in my account. We shall see what hilarity ensues at the airport when the GA sees me in the system twice occupying two different seats...
Old Jun 6, 2012, 1:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by paule123
It did get confirmed and ticketed, somewhere between 24-48 hours after I called. I got a new record locator number, but the e-ticket number is the same. So I now have two "confirmed and ticketed" reservations appearing in my account. We shall see what hilarity ensues at the airport when the GA sees me in the system twice occupying two different seats...
The lost reservation happened to me. I have a new PNR, and the old one is still there. I imagine the old one will not flag anything, since nothing exists "behind" the PNR.
Old Jun 6, 2012, 3:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Originally Posted by channa
I hear ya, and it's certainly prudent.

But I think the maintenance and time investment of dealing with CO is why a lot of people are moving to other carriers.
Originally Posted by LilAbner
That may or may not be true, also!

Many of the same folks that are "Dropping Out" are still posting on this thread and still bit-hing. Million - 2 million - 3 million 1K's with status & bennies for life, ain't goin' nowhere. They just miss the pampering and, "Are Mad as Hell, and ain't gonna take it anymore", until there next flight!
Certainly some folks who are complaining will remain in the UA fold, but others who are reducing or dropping their UA spending could continue to post. Personally, after many years of UA being my primary carrier AA has now assumed that role. And I'm continuing to read and post here for the usual mix of FT reasons - to help out, to participate, to be amused, to rant, and to learn. In fact, I'm really thankful for this thread, because it reminded me that (sigh) I need to regularly monitor my remaining UA reservations whereas I used to be able to take them for granted.

This is not the same issue affecting more than 20,000 reservations currently.

Your issue is a dropped partner award flight, which there have been several reports with using CO over the years, or UA post-3/3. Usually they're with LX or OZ (formerly with AF), but this is the first I've seen with QR, though QR has become popular only recently since it's only been bookable online for a few weeks/months.
This is ridiculous. No, not you or your helpful post, of course. But that we're now at the point of explaining to fellow FTers which UA screw-up they're falling victim to.
Old Jun 6, 2012, 3:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Originally Posted by cozmo82
Paid for the reservations about 3 weeks ago on United.com. I had checked it last night, and everything was in order...

It's all UA metal, no other carriers involved.

It's an international booking.

I (think) everything is taken care of, but was really shocked by the occurrence.
Find the email. You should have a ticket number. With that, the agent will be able to find the booking.
Old Jun 6, 2012, 5:25 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Star Gold,Marriott Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle
No resolution yet and really starting to resent UA's new MO of total radio silence

So did your new reservation get confirmed and ticketed with your original e-ticket numbers, or new e-ticket numbers, or are you just still waiting?

Has anyone who was affected by this computer snafu actually been newly confirmed AND ticketed? Or is everyone still waiting for something, or just waiting with a new confirmation number to be ticketed?
Absolutely no action on this. I think that the CS reps were told by their management the typical party line as the new United, which is "just wait 48 hours" or the second most quoted timeframe, 72 hours. I hung up with no resolution after calling twice on Sunday because I didn't want to risk getting a nastygram inserted into my record. I'll call again after the usual timeframe for things actually getting fixed at the new UA, which seems to be 96 hours IME.

Our seats are still showing as occupied in the seatmaps for all flights, so there doesn't seem to be a risk of them being given away. Yet.

I really DESPISE the new UA's MO of radio silence. Don't they understand that people who may have paid thousands of $ and who have other plans (business meetings, family members who also made plans to fly across the country to meet up, hotels, cars, etc.) tied to the plane ride might be a *leeeetle* bit anxious about the whole thing?

EDIT: OK, to my great surprise the reservation actually came back. It took more than the 48 hrs I was told and also more than 72 that others were told. Some people posted that they were told by UA CS that there were schedule changes that caused this. Not the case with mine. Original flight times didn't even change by one minute.

Last edited by redwoman; Jun 7, 2012 at 12:40 am Reason: Update
Old Jun 7, 2012, 5:19 am

I now have a new confirmation number to join my old one. One place says it is ticketed; press another button, it says not ticketed; and I still can't bring up any new receipt with my e-ticket numbers under my new record.

My old confirmation record still allows me to sees the old record receipt with my e-ticket numbers.
Old Jun 7, 2012, 9:03 am

I am in this spot as well. Res#1 can't be retrieved. Res#2 was manually built after calling. Res#2 says it is not ticketed on the website and it expires today (it says this every day), however if I view a receipt the ticket number is there (same ticket as originally purchased.) The waitlisted segments for an upgrade are there in Res #2 so hopefully that won't be affected. Very confusing.
Old Jun 7, 2012, 10:59 am

Programs: UA 1K, US LT Silver, AA Plat, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Starwood Gold
Originally Posted by GoDucks
I am in this spot as well. Res#1 can't be retrieved. Res#2 was manually built after calling. Res#2 says it is not ticketed on the website and it expires today (it says this every day), however if I view a receipt the ticket number is there (same ticket as originally purchased.) The waitlisted segments for an upgrade are there in Res #2 so hopefully that won't be affected. Very confusing.
Ditto.

I'm just happy to see that the reservation and seat assignments are still intact.
Old Jun 7, 2012, 11:32 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by anc-ord772
I agree. I manage reservations for a number of people, and it is a HUGE time suck to call in all the damn time. AA is getting business because I dont want to babysit.

I know UA is starting to admit there are problems, but my god it takes much more work to lure back once loyal customers. It will be interesting to see if they are up to the task once this thing starts running smoothly in a year or so.
Agree w/ the above. People don't want to babysit or deal w/ continual ongoing problems & radio silence, so they're moving to other airlines where it's not as problematic.

It does take more work to get loyal customers back once they've switched to another company. And I think it is going to take a year or so for things to run smoothly. I talked to a FTer who is top tier on both AA & UA, and he says he's now doing AA only & won't be back to UA until a year or two when they finally get things sorted.

But I think the maintenance and time investment of dealing with CO is why a lot of people are moving to other carriers.
Agree.

Originally Posted by LilAbner
Many of the same folks that are "Dropping Out" are still posting on this thread and still bit-hing. Million - 2 million - 3 million 1K's with status & bennies for life, ain't goin' nowhere. They just miss the pampering and, "Are Mad as Hell, and ain't gonna take it anymore", until there next flight!
Just because someone is 'dropping out' (ie, moving their business to another airline) doesn't mean they're not allowed to post in the United forum. They still have input they can provide, if they're willing to take the time. And yes, if there are difficulties they're encountering or have opinions on how COdbaUA is doing things, they're allowed to provide that input as well. What you consider b*tching others consider accurate appraisals of some of the difficulties or new world order

And many who are million-milers and above have switched to other airlines (AA being the main one I've been hearing about), and aren't looking back because, while the grass may not be forever green, at least it's being watered & is green for now (aka, they're not encountering the problems on the other carriers that they have w/ COdbaUA) & thus the other carriers are getting their business and United is not.

I'm 1.7MM w/ UA (never done a mileage run & the first million was all domestic). The only reason I haven't switched is because my travel is down, and at least I still get E+ & free baggage as Premier Gold. So UA isn't losing me entirely, but it's not keeping me per se either. And whereas before I'd fly only UA because I was going for 2MM & RCC for Life, now I'll look at US if the fare is cheaper (especially since half the time US codeshares w/ UA & the miles accrue to UA), as there's very little incentive to get to 2MM now. In addition to losing RCC for Life, I'm also not happy w/ UA on losing the 2 annual CR1s, 50% of bonus miles, and dropping down a level when it comes to upgrades. Those are legitimate complaints.

If my travel was still up, I would have switched to AA already. I am now encouraging some of my non-FT 1K friends/colleagues to switch to AA & get the status match or challenge, as they're totally fed up w/ COdbaUA & all the snafus & problems & I'm a bit tired of listening to them complain.

BTW - if Premier Gold MMs get kicked to Silver as some are anticipating COdbaUA doing in the next year or two, I will leave UA at that point.

Originally Posted by anc-ord772
I've seen a lot of longtime active MM's and GS folks who used to post in this forum disappear over the last few months. YMMV.
Yes, I've talked to quite a few & they've switched over to AA.

Originally Posted by bmvaughn
Believe this has more to do with Milepoint than UA
Seriously doubt it. Some of the folk who aren't posting in the UA forum are still actively posting in the other FT forums, such as the hotel ones, Omni, etc. The disappearance is, IMO, more related to COdbaUA than MP.

Originally Posted by Thunderroad
Certainly some folks who are complaining will remain in the UA fold, but others who are reducing or dropping their UA spending could continue to post. Personally, after many years of UA being my primary carrier AA has now assumed that role. And I'm continuing to read and post here for the usual mix of FT reasons - to help out, to participate, to be amused, to rant, and to learn. In fact, I'm really thankful for this thread, because it reminded me that (sigh) I need to regularly monitor my remaining UA reservations whereas I used to be able to take them for granted.
Agree that some complaining will remain in the UA fold (for a variety of reasons), but others have switched to other carriers. And I agree that those who have switched will still post in this forum to provide input, although perhaps not as frequently as before.

Cheers.

Last edited by SkiAdcock; Jun 7, 2012 at 11:47 am
Old Jun 7, 2012, 4:40 pm

Mine and Mr. eerickso's reservations are still among the missing. Guess I have to get up the energy for yet another phone call tomorrow. They assured me all would be resolved by now. Ummmm ... obviously not.

What a mess.
Old Jun 7, 2012, 6:45 pm

Lost my int'l reservation but no one else in my family

Made reservation pre-merger. PDX-ORD-GRU-FLN. UA metal except for last leg. Checked reservation repeatedly prior to flight. Since I got upgraded and rest of family did not, I called to have them put me back in E+; this call occurred 8 hours before flight. Arrived at airport 90 min before flight.

Get to airport and told that my reservation was lost; other family members were fine. They had me call my travel agent. I had my e-tix number. After 3 diff UA agents, after they called NY or Newark, a CO software wizard came by and found my reservation. Then heard same BS that my ticket showed not paid. It finally got resolved.

We had to run (and I mean run) to barely make flight. If we missed flight, we would have lost a day. Never looked at boarding passes until got to plane since so time crunched. I was still in F.

I ended up giving my seat to a passenger--ironically to a pax who was so ungrateful I thought about asking her to move back. Folks around me, including the flight attendant, were shocked as to how cavalier the response was.

Gets better. UA lost my reservation on the return. Spent 75 min in FLN resolving the issue. Almost missed flight again--agents had to come carry my bags and hurry me on the plane. I later told a UA rep about what happened--we got two $50 ecerts. What a joke. Looking forward to see if Alaska PDX-DCA is something. If I didn't get upgraded so much, I'd really think about switching.

PS Upgraded on PDX-IAH-FLL this past weekend on CO metal and CO flight attendants. Service on the return was sub par--not even a smile from one (tho it was early). Forgot to bring me my drink (just water). And the egg and cheese bagel was about as tasty McD's from what I recall when I used to eat there 20y ago; the fruit on all of the legs was quite good, however.
Old Jun 7, 2012, 7:50 pm
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
I'm really surprised this is not making bigger headlines. It's really inexcusable to have lost so many reservations.

In over 600k miles with UA, I've never once had them outright lose my reservation. (They did lose my wife's once, but it was also ticketed on one of those "DC Around the World" promo certs from back in 2005.)

Here, they've lost tens of thousands at once!
Old Jun 7, 2012, 9:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by paule123
I too now have two "confirmed and ticketed" reservations...same ticket # of course but different seat assignments...not sure I want to wait til I get to the airport to have them figure out which seat I'm REALLY suppose to sit in since there may not be much hilarity

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.