Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

What did you spend (revenue) on another airline that UA would have normally received?

What did you spend (revenue) on another airline that UA would have normally received?

Old May 24, 2012, 8:19 am

Programs: UA-1k, 1mm, Marriott-LT Platinum, Hertz-Presidents Circle
Wow now this is a thread that UA should be interested in. $$$ lost is not tangible to UA until they hear about what they could have had. Good idea OP.
Old May 24, 2012, 8:38 am

UA 1K
DEN>>LAX>>ORD>>DEN for $891.17

(All 3 legs have been upgraded too)
Old May 24, 2012, 8:51 am

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_1_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9B206 Safari/7534.48.3)

Dfw-sfo One way in Y $392
Old May 24, 2012, 8:53 am

Programs: UA GS, Marriott Plt
UA - $0.00

AA - $560.00

this week

and I just got an email from AA stating my upgrades have cleared
Old May 24, 2012, 9:02 am

guam

4x$3800 J tickets to Guam...and this will repeat likely once a month through end of year. Boss says can't take the risk of chaos for ops reasons.
Old May 24, 2012, 9:10 am

Programs: UA Gold-MM, AA Gold-MM, F9-Silver, Hyatt Something, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
On the other hand, I booked an ex-RGN RT in paid C for $1000 all-in and deliberately routed all four BKK-NRT-SFO-NRT-BKK segments onto UA metal!

Y'all can take your business elsewhere..... I prefer to fill UA premium seats with economy fares! bwahahaha!

There's more than one way to skin a cat!
Old May 24, 2012, 9:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, UA LT Plat, Mar LTT
As much as I've spent on air travel

UA was the ONLY airline I flew. I'm self funded , so that choice is mine.

Now that CO runs the show my spend is ZERO. I'm based where there's competition, and if I don't like a firm's CFO telling me they'd prefer I go elsewhere I can AND WILL do that.

I've earned ExPlat on AA thru 2014, I've bought 4 RT international C class tix, and 2 RT international F class. Without QUESTION that spend would have been on UA prior to the takeover - oops, "merger".

The HouCrew will reap what is sown. Why does that seem so hard for them and others to figure out????

Dave
Old May 24, 2012, 9:22 am
CID

$3615 booked on AA this week. Going 100% to AA/One World for the rest of the year thanks to EXP match.
Old May 24, 2012, 9:51 am

Programs: 2012 Plat-2013 Plat-2014 Silver-2015 GM
Last night booked DL DEN-CVG for an over night next week at $689. For comparison, UA was $798 and not that that matters. In the past I would have paid it.

Haven't booked the first week in June yet, but it's another destination that DL takes me to out of DEN.

They might have the EWR, SFO and IAH hubs locked up (IAH for now until WN gets Hobby in a big way), but some of the rest of us do have some very decent choices.

Too bad their vision and strategy is so myopic. The EXCON Exec. Management must be used to doing business in a highly manipulative manner, which in no way settles well with me. Do on to others as...........
Old May 24, 2012, 9:52 am

Programs: not anymore! I'm FREE!
Great thread!

This week, $3600 on tickets to China, in Turkish Airlines' "Economy Comfort" class. Last year, this would have been on UA in E+ -- which, by all accounts, pales in comparison to the TK version, which is more like UA's domestic first. Yet, the total cost of a regular economy ticket on UA plus access to E+ approaches the TK "Comfort" cost. Since I don't get free access to E+ at booking anymore, staying loyal to UA in this case would result in almost zero net benefit (just the 25% RDM bonus and two pairs of banged-up knees).

Last week, about $300 for Amtrak Acela tickets to the DC area. Last year, for a similar trip, I flew.

A few weeks ago, about $600 for HPN-Dallas and back on US. Last year, that would have been on UA.

And before that, a Z fare on LX to ZRH. Last year I would have gone out of my way to fly this on UA.
Old May 24, 2012, 9:56 am

$4300 business on Air Canada
$790 first on Alaska
And that's just in the past week.
Old May 24, 2012, 10:01 am

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
no big deal but money is money

NYC-SAN on US = $200 UA did not get.
Old May 24, 2012, 10:36 am

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by Penguinmoon
Maybe the UA lurkers on the board should have one quick thread to see what they are losing daily? Please, no discussions, just routes, amounts, and who got it.

Today I bought:
BKK-NRT-DFW-MCI, 1400 USD. AA ( all AA legs into C using SWU on S fare)
MCI-PNS-MCI, 350 USD. AA

You lost 1750 today from this ex 1K.
Send your receipts to UA. Posts like this show no practical purpose. You could all be mal-adjusted 400 lb high schoolers creatively writing in your parents basement.

NO lurker would take anything posted here seriously because there is no way to verify it.

I could post I took $18000 from an F class ticket to SYD and gave it to QF. I didn't. I could post it.

Nonsense.
Old May 24, 2012, 10:39 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.6 MM, AA EXP, SPG Gold, MARR Plat (Premier) Lifetime, Hertz Pres Circle
This 1K/MM is flying on my pretty new AA EXP card next week, $600 going to AA. Since I am only 20K miles from qualifying for UA 1K next year, a lot more will be going to AA.
Old May 24, 2012, 10:48 am

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by schley
Wow now this is a thread that UA should be interested in. $$$ lost is not tangible to UA until they hear about what they could have had. Good idea OP.
Actually.....foolishness.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.