Community
Wiki Posts
Search

My Seat Disappeared From Map

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2012, 2:31 pm
Original Poster

My Seat Disappeared From Map

My wife and I are traveling this week-end and I have been looking at the seat map daily to be sure our 7D and 7E 757 seats don't change. Today my little yellow number was gone but my wife's was still showing. My seat however was "greyed out" and our assignments were still 7D and E. I called and was told the same thing although the rep's seat map also had me missing.

Any reason I need to be concerned?
Old May 18, 2012, 3:21 pm

Programs: UA MileagePlus dirt (former hard-way Silver); AS Mileage Plan MVP; Hilton Honors Silver
Originally Posted by milemonkey
My wife and I are traveling this week-end and I have been looking at the seat map daily to be sure our 7D and 7E 757 seats don't change. Today my little yellow number was gone but my wife's was still showing. My seat however was "greyed out" and our assignments were still 7D and E. I called and was told the same thing although the rep's seat map also had me missing.

Sounds like maybe your equipment got swapped from a pmUA 752 (which has 7DE, but no F) to a pmCO 752 or 753 (which eliminates the 7DEF row in favor of a mid-cabin galley). I'd call reservations and ask to be reseated somewhere else in E+.
Old May 18, 2012, 3:55 pm
Original Poster

Don't think that was it as the seat is still showing, but is greyed out.
Old May 18, 2012, 4:26 pm

Programs: UA 1K
I saw a flavor of this with some travel shortly after the 3/3 systems integration. I tried to pick a new pair of seats, but I still showed up online as being assigned to the old seats or to none at all, while the seat map showed that my old seat was empty and my new seat was occupied.

I called a couple of times and one agent investigated very deeply — iirc the story was that there are three different places your seat reservation can be listed, and in two of them it was (new place), while in one of them it was (old place).

At online check-in time it turned out that (new place) was correctly reserved for me and everything turned out fine.
Old May 18, 2012, 4:50 pm

Location: Sandpoint,Idaho- previously- Colorado, NYC, New England, SC
Programs: United Millionmiler 1/Star Alliance Gold, National Emerald Executive for Life, Best Western Platinum
in April that changed seat fiasco happened several times. Once we even ended up with 3 seats for 2 of us meaning 3 boarding passes, 1 upgraded, 2 not. We gave away the 1 upgaade to the other person who had ended up with a boarding pass also for 1 of our seats.
Old May 18, 2012, 9:31 pm

Originally Posted by milemonkey

Similar situation with my wife and me last week. Turned out that there was nothing to worry about, we both flew the 4 segments in our selected seats. I will say it was disconcerting up to the point we printed boarding passes.
Old May 18, 2012, 9:41 pm
uwr

Programs: AS MVP Gold75K
Yesterday I checked in for today's flight, and my boarding pass showed my seat. However, the website and iPhone app showed that I had no seat, and my original seat was grayed out.

I called, and the agent said that I was still assigned to my original seat. I had no problem boarding. The mobile app still showed no seat assignment for me even after I was on board.

If the phone agent sees your seat assignment, it's probably nothing to worry about.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.