Search

Post-flight surveys now coming from *A?

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2012, 1:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, Star Gold,Marriott Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle
Post-flight surveys now coming from *A?

Hi,

I just received an email from a Marketmind on behalf of Star Alliance, inviting me to take a survey for a flaight from about 2 1/2 weeks ago.

I'm not going to post the proper link beacause it contains my personal identifying information. But the partial is: http://staralliance-news.marketmind

It is very similar in form and the questions seem to be lifted from old United's survey. It is not as long in that it doesn't go into the details about blankets and pillows (perhaps because we don't have them in F anymore), pre-departure beverage service, whether the headphones or the lavs worked, etc. I don't think that is due to the fact that I gave everything high marks, because i didn't. I said the food service sucked because I was in F cabin on a 3-cabin, 4th person on the plane to be served food and they were already out of meal choices by the time they got to me. Yet, no extra window popped up asking me why I thought the food sucked.

Oh for those interested, no miles for participating.
Old Mar 14, 2016, 12:46 pm

Programs: UA MM 1K, AA MM Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
Got the same thing as the OP - a survey from the same company for a flight from EWR-IAH.

Why would Star Alliance want to know about a domestic UA flight with no connection to any other *A airline? Why not flights I recently took on LH, OS, or AI?

I didn't respond because it looked almost like a phishing email. It's got a reference to my flight number (which is blank) and a statement "this email was sent to:" but my email address is not shown.

And of course I already received (and responded to) a UA survey for this same flight.

Last edited by tarheelnj; Mar 14, 2016 at 12:55 pm Reason: spelling
Old Mar 14, 2016, 12:51 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Perhaps UA is on probation in *A and has to get a minimum satisfaction or net promoter score from these surveys?

I wonder how their metrics compare to Air India?
Old Mar 14, 2016, 1:21 pm

Programs: UA 1P
Originally Posted by transportprof
Perhaps UA is on probation in *A and has to get a minimum satisfaction or net promoter score from these surveys?

I wonder how their metrics compare to Air India?
I've previously gotten a *A survey for an Austrian Airlines flight (TATL). My guess was that they just like to know people's experiences across member airlines in general, but who knows...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.