Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UA Award Travel - Complicated booking question

Old May 9, 2012, 2:57 am
hjf
Original Poster

Programs: UA 2P, BA

Hi all,

I've got myself in a bit of a bind. I'm booked on 2 UA Awards, both one-way biz class awards.

1) SFO-ICN-SIN May 17
2) PVG-ICN-SFO June 4

What I really want to do is go from SIN-PVG on May 31, stopover for a few days, then continue on my PVG-ICN-SFO reservation on June 4.

Of course, UA will not allow stopovers on one way award tickets.

Is there any possible way around this, besides cancelling both one-ways and re-booking as a r/t? Award space has virtually disappeared for these dates - although award space on SIN-PVG flights on May 31 is abundant.

My only (and probably far-fetched) thought is that since the addition of a SIN-PVG leg would make the entire trip a SFO-SIN r/t, why couldn't UA add the SIN-PVG leg, combine the PNR's to make a r/t, and call it a day. Not so easy I'm guessing.

Thanks for your help.
Old May 9, 2012, 5:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM
book a seperate SIN-PVG award seems like your only option....
Old May 9, 2012, 5:35 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

If you had a one-way and wanted to add the stopover and return it would actually be relatively trivial. But combining two existing one-way reservations likely won't work. You can call and ask, but I think you're screwed here.
Old May 9, 2012, 5:48 am
hjf
Original Poster

Programs: UA 2P, BA
Thanks for the comments. That's what I figured - just needed somebody more experienced to weigh in.
Old May 18, 2012, 3:47 pm

Programs: US Silver, UA Plat, HHonors Diamond, SPG Gold
Not to hijack the thread (although it appears dead) - I'm trying to book WAS-FCO-MLE as a one way award in J where the stop in FCO is less than 24 hours. United.com errors out and says no flights are available when I try the multiple destination search function. I know the flights are available as the system works fine when looking segment by segment. Am I missing something or am I just going to have to call and feed the segments in one at a time?
Old May 18, 2012, 3:50 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA 1K MM, SPG Plat For Life, Marriott Plat, Nexus/GlobalEntry
Originally Posted by jmk2135
Not to hijack the thread (although it appears dead) - I'm trying to book WAS-FCO-MLE as a one way award in J where the stop in FCO is less than 24 hours. United.com errors out and says no flights are available when I try the multiple destination search function. I know the flights are available as the system works fine when looking segment by segment. Am I missing something or am I just going to have to call and feed the segments in one at a time?
Yeah you'll need to call.
Old May 18, 2012, 3:52 pm

Programs: AS MVPG
Originally Posted by jmk2135
You need to call. Multiple destination does not work for one-way awards on continental.com. Oh I mean united.com.
Old May 18, 2012, 3:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM
Originally Posted by spgaston
You need to call. Multiple destination does not work for one-way awards on continental.com. Oh I mean united.com.
???? of course it does. I booked a nice 6 segment one-way to Asia via DOH using multicity and it priced out just fine.

The key is to find the right combination of what works - because the booking engine defies any logic.

Good luck finding a phone agent that knows that Qatar is a partner, let alone book you seats.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.