Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

United App-Questions, Answers, Bugs and etc for NON-iPhone and Android [CONSOLIDATED]

Old Aug 2, 2018, 10:46 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: J.Edward
Originally Posted by UA Insider

Hi everyone,

Today we take another step in the overall redesign of our digital channelsthe launch of the redesigned United mobile app for Android devices.

In redesigning the Android version of the app, our eCommerce team used data from our current app to understand which features and functions were most important to customers. Theres a lot weve packed into this release, including some completely new functionality.

Heres an overview:

Updated functionality
As with the iOS app released a few months ago, the Android version updates popular tasks like booking and checking in for a flight, monitoring flight status and checking your MileagePlus account summary. Some of the notable updates include:
  • An easier way to see all the boarding passes for reservations with more than one traveler.
  • The option to book award travel with multiple segments.
  • Redesigned seats map graphics that are easier to view.

New functionality
The app also has several new functions that were introduced with the iOS version, such as travel cards and a travel wallet, as well as extras like Sudoku, a checked bag fees calculator, a currency converter and airport maps.

Really new functionality
Unique to this release and (for the moment) the Android app are a few changes designed to improve overall usability:
  • Text navigation along the top screen
  • Ability to scroll both vertically and horizontally
  • The screen will re-orient when rotated so you can use the features in either direction
  • For multiple travelers or viewing multiple flight statuses, the data will now stack to show more information at-a-glance
  • When you are signed in to the app, any active reservations in your account will have travel cards
  • Widget is available on the home screen for quick access into the app

We will introduce many of these elements to the iOS version later this year as we continue to update and improve our app across iOS, Android and Windows devices. And our digital improvements wont stop thereour new website is in the works. In the next few months, we will begin to launch the new united.com. It will be a phased approach that will span all of 2014, and you can expect that the Preview program will be a key part of each release.

In the meantime, the updated Android app (which is compatible with KitKat and previous operating platforms) is now available from the Google Play store.

-UA Insider
Print Wikipost

United App-Questions, Answers, Bugs and etc for NON-iPhone and Android [CONSOLIDATED]

Old Aug 24, 2011, 12:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HHonors Gold, UAMP
United Android App-Questions, Answers, Bugs and etc [CONSOLIDATED]

United Android Marketplace

United finally pushes an android app, its about the exact same look and feel as the CO app but you can use your MP number to login, good stuff!!

United Airlines is proud to introduce our new mobile app for Android devices. With features from Flight Booking to Flight status for both United and Continental Airlines, the United Airlines mobile app will quickly become your indispensable travel companion.
Key Features:
• Check-in and Mobile Boarding Pass storage - quick access so you’re ready on the go.
• Flight Booking – book your flights from your mobile device.
• Flight Status - see upgrade priority list, seat map, in-flight amenities, as well as departure gate.
• Flight Status Push Notification - monitor a selected flight and receive automatic updates sent to your phone.
• Account Access- view your MileagePlus account information.
• Airport Maps - zoom in on maps to help you navigate through the airport.
• Flight View – see flight maps of current flight status and weather.
The United Airlines mobile app also includes Continental Airlines flight information, booking, check-in, flight status and OnePass account access.
Additional features include United Red Carpet Club and Presidents Club locations, United social media information, DIRECTV listings, currency converter, and Sudoku games.
The new United Airlines mobile app puts valuable travel information in the palm of your hand, ready to access at a moment’s notice.

Last edited by davef139; Aug 26, 2011 at 12:21 pm
Old Aug 24, 2011, 1:38 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Pres. Circle
Just downloaded it.... very cool app!
Old Aug 24, 2011, 2:41 pm

Programs: UA Plat 2.2MM, AA nobody, IHG Gold, HH Silver
Thanks for the tip. Just downloaded it - much easier to use than the mobile web site from my brief play with it.
Old Aug 24, 2011, 3:17 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Executive Platinum, Starwood Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Same look as the iphone apps, with one added function - "Changed bag rules and optional services" above the "Click to Refresh".

Seems to be working correctly intermitently - it is able to push all my upcoming flights. However, occassionally the Reservations count goes to 0 and all my upcoming flights disappear - reappear only if I go to my account and click on Upcoming Flights to update the reservations.
Old Aug 24, 2011, 3:35 pm
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

I am glad it has finally been released, just downloaded it

However, it is having issues displaying the standby and cleared list on many flights... When I press on the Stand by list nothing happens.... Try viewing the Standby list for tonight's UA 456 LAX-IAD...
Old Aug 24, 2011, 3:44 pm

Programs: ECExec, SPGTitanium,, UAPlat
YEA

Good to see it is available, just downloaded it!
Old Aug 24, 2011, 4:12 pm

Programs: 1K, Platinum Marriott, Platinum SPG, Platinum Priority, Chairmans Avis
Thanks! just downloaded it.
Old Aug 24, 2011, 5:27 pm

Programs: Skymiles, MPL Chase Premier
its a rebrand pretty much of the CO app with access to the UA information... which is great!

Anyone familiar with the CO app will be at home here other than a couple of small changes.
Old Aug 24, 2011, 5:28 pm

Location: Kapalua, Maui- just paradise and Sun Valley, Idaho!!
Programs: Mileage Plus 1K .96MM (1MM this year-humm)
Thanks. Nice thing about this app is once you sign in, unless you sign out, you don't have to enter FF# and password on next visit. Much better that other versions.
Old Aug 24, 2011, 6:17 pm

Programs: UA 1P MM, AA-PP, AS, DL, HH G, SPG Gold, TA nada
Nice, very slick so far.
Old Aug 24, 2011, 6:35 pm

Programs: UA 2P, DL, FL A+ Elite, AA
hooray!! thank you, UA! Been eagerly awaiting this. The UAL mobile website is clunky on my droid.

Editing to add..... there is one thing that could be improved. It's great to see a booking tool on the app, but it returns only CO and UA operated flights. UA codeshares don't show up. Specifically, I'm looking at BOS-DCA, and all it gives me are connections via EWR and CLE.

Last edited by sheremetyevo; Aug 24, 2011 at 6:43 pm
Old Aug 24, 2011, 6:42 pm

Programs: UA 1.5 Million Mile flyer, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Hertz 5* and PC since 1985
Thanks!!!
Old Aug 24, 2011, 9:40 pm

It's about time. Welcome to the future, UA, it's been waiting for you.
Old Aug 25, 2011, 6:12 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Pres. Circle
In playing with it, I've noticed that you can't access or update your seat assignment under 'Reservations'. I'd definitely find that capability useful.
Old Aug 25, 2011, 7:03 am

Programs: SPG Plat
Cool, thanks OP. Dowloaded already and will check it out tonight

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.