Community
Wiki Posts
Search

E- 97% Full; E+ 10% Full

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2012, 7:54 pm

Programs: Million Miles achieved | 2017 Delta Platinum, United NADA, Global Entry, PreCheck, NEXUS
Originally Posted by Dolomite
This is what I suspect is happening.
I've gone in E+ both LAX & SFO to PVG frequently. And E+ is hit and miss. I agree E seems to fill with what appear to be large groups. I was actually asked to move to a different seat in E+ so one poacher could sit next to another. I refused. They ended up in E after several flight attendant announcements.
Old Apr 23, 2012, 8:18 pm

E- 97% Full; E+ 10% Full

A couple of flight this week for me look to be completely booked in E- with a ton of seats in E+ so we shall see how that shakes out by Wednesday. Could be a lot of Silvers back there waiting to move up.

Not sure how aggressive the FA's are in watching for poachers. I boarded a very empty flight a couple months ago and the FA still asked for my boarding pass to allow me to sit in E+
Old Apr 23, 2012, 11:35 pm

Programs: UA-Plat AS-MVPG
This silver got E+ on booking last week for my SFO-HNL flight today. I don't know why, perhaps United has an agreement with my employer or their travel agent.

It could be a positive SHARES error
Old Apr 24, 2012, 12:17 am

My March 6th LAX-PVG flight was pretty empty in E+, 100% full in E- and almost empty in C, where I was - (sadly it was an old 777 config - waste of a GPU).

The FA's made a couple of announcements for E- not to jump into E+ in both languages. But one woman must of thought if it's not OK to go from E- to E+, it must be OK to jump from E- all the way to C (in my row on the opposite aisle seat). She must have been there for an hour before the FA realized and asked her for a boarding pass. First she played the "I don't speak English" card. No problem, the FA brought another Mandarin speaking FA to ask for her boarding pass, after several minutes of discussion between the woman and the Mandarin speaking FA, she got up and went back to E-. Later, the FAs told me what she said. At first the woman said "she lost her boarding pass", when the FA said she would have to move back to her original seat in E-. The woman complained she didn't want to get up because she had already been there for a while and the seat in C was "too comfortable" and that there were "so many empty seats, so it shouldn't matter" where she sat. Finally the FA gave her 3 choices, 1) Go back to her original seat, 2) pay $5000 for an upgrade, or 3) Be arrested upon landing at PVG for disrupting the flight. That got her to return to her seat in E-.
Old Apr 24, 2012, 2:18 am
uwr

Programs: AS MVP Gold75K
Originally Posted by mr_edward_p
A couple of flight this week for me look to be completely booked in E- with a ton of seats in E+ so we shall see how that shakes out by Wednesday. Could be a lot of Silvers back there waiting to move up.
There probably will be some 2Ps moving up at check-in.
Old Apr 24, 2012, 2:46 am

Programs: UA 1K [ex-GS],1+MM, SPG PLAT
Post merger, I have heard the FAs explicitly say that E+ was only for pax who paid for it
Old Apr 24, 2012, 3:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MM *G for life, BAEC Gold
My last few TATL flights have shown E- with only a handful of empty seats but E+ only half full at T-24. They have all gone out totally full. I did ask at check in on one occasion and was told it was booked full (rather than being filled by misconnects) but that most people do not reserve their seat in advance, so what I was seeing on the screen was merely those who did so and those who had had it done for them.
Old Apr 24, 2012, 3:55 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott P, SPG G
Originally Posted by luv2ctheworld
Way to call the pax bluff. I'm not entirely surprised by the shenanigans attempted on a flight to/from PVG (or China in general). Lots of line jumping and hopping over one another to get a better position there.
You'd better correct your post for such a racial discrimination. Why do you specifically mention China? Speak with solid proof; otherwise I'd say that you might lose your job one day because much more sophisticated Chinese take over your position and render you useless
Old Apr 24, 2012, 9:29 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL
Originally Posted by Dolomite
This is what I suspect is happening.
Almost certain of it. I was on an IAD-PEK flight last year. E- full, E+ maybe half full (all middles available, and maybe some others). Got on to plane and nearly every E+ middle has been filled by a child between 10-14, which we learned from talking to them and teachers were part of a large youth camp program that was returning.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.