Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Easy United One Way Award Search Tool

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1, 2013, 11:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
3.0 - 1/1/2013
  • Added the ability to filter out specific classes of service
  • Added in new @grant metadata so that GreaseMonkey doesn't complain

The ability to filter classes is in the Options dialog.

I think I have tested this fairly well, but there may still be some subtle bugs in there. There's a lot of possible interactions between the filtering of classes, filtering of standard awards, and the number of classes of award that are available in a given search.

Note that if you choose to filter out all award classed on a given search, the script will automatically turn the highest class available back on (i.e. you can't filter out all classes).

Note that I have not figured out a way to easily determine if there were saver awards available in a filtered class in the event that all awards are filtered out. As such, the warning message states that there may be other saver awards available.
Old Jan 1, 2013, 6:23 pm

Sweet. I've spent some time with this and it seems to work fine (Firefox).

Thanks!
Old Jan 1, 2013, 6:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Originally Posted by JCBIII
Sweet. I've spent some time with this and it seems to work fine (Firefox).

Thanks!
Nice! Please report any problems or bugs you discover so that they can be fixed
Old Feb 7, 2013, 8:24 pm

This is super helpful! Thanks!
Old May 26, 2013, 10:50 pm
Original Poster

As a heads up - it looks like something recently changed in Chrome and the script is currently broken there (was working last weekend). Still seems to work in FF just fine. I'll try to look at it tomorrow and get a fix out. I know where the error is, I just can't figure out why that line of code is suddenly giving problems.
Old May 27, 2013, 9:00 pm
Original Poster

3.1 - 5/27/2013
  • Updated code so that it works in Chrome again (GM_log is not defined)

I have no idea why it broke in the first place, but it seems to be fixed. My guess is something changed in the internals of the Chrome. Other GM_ functions were fine...
Old Jun 17, 2013, 5:34 pm

Programs: HHonors, Hyatt GP, Marriott, Varying Levels w/ UA /AF /DL /SQ /AA
Awesome

Awesome, awesome, awesome, awesome.

Also, awesome!

Thanks for creating/sharing this script, very thoughtful and generous of you.
Old Jun 17, 2013, 7:57 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TravelinWilly
Awesome, awesome, awesome, awesome.

Also, awesome!

Thanks for creating/sharing this script, very thoughtful and generous of you.
Glad people are still using and enjoying this! As always, let me know if you find any problems or if you have suggestions.
Old Oct 15, 2013, 9:09 am

Programs: FB Plat for Life & Marriott lifetime Platinum
Congratulations for sharing this incredibly useful piece of programming ...
I wish I found your tool earlier :-)
Eddy
Old Oct 15, 2013, 11:00 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Eddy421
Congratulations for sharing this incredibly useful piece of programming ...
I wish I found your tool earlier :-)
Eddy
Thank you for the kind words. And as stated before, I'm always looking for feature suggestions. I'm frankly quite amazed that UA hasn't done something to the site to break the script in the entire time since I first published it. Wait.....where is some wood to knock on

BTW, I continue to use the script myself and just booked the following in J:
SNA-DEN-ORD (so)
ORD-AMS-CPH (dest and oj)
VIE-JFK-LAX

Combination of UA, SK, and OS

And over the summer I booked a RT to South Africa in a mix of J and F and of course, all flights were found using the tool. Combination of UA, LH, SA, and TK
Old Dec 3, 2013, 1:21 pm

Programs: MileagePlus Club, Amex Platinum, AAdvantage, SkyMiles
I had installed this on an earlier system and would like to use it again. However I am getting a 500 server error when I try to access http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/131534, which is the only link I can seem to find that is relevant. Unless I'm missing something obvious?

TIA,
dw
Old Dec 3, 2013, 1:33 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by dnwaldmann
I had installed this on an earlier system and would like to use it again. However I am getting a 500 server error when I try to access http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/131534, which is the only link I can seem to find that is relevant. Unless I'm missing something obvious?

TIA,
dw
I think the userscript site is being buggy. I received the 503 server error, but everything is working fine again. btw I'm using chrome.
Old Dec 3, 2013, 10:59 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dnwaldmann

TIA,
dw
Originally Posted by moseslin
I think the userscript site is being buggy. I received the 503 server error, but everything is working fine again. btw I'm using chrome.
OP here - seems to be working for me at this time. Possibly a transient error.

BTW, this script is showing over 1800 installs and amazingly, has been unchanged/stable for over 6 months. Amazing since it relies on UA not changing their website code in that time period which is either a ^ or a depending on how you look at it....
Old Dec 4, 2013, 5:49 am

Originally Posted by jasonvr
OP here - seems to be working for me at this time. Possibly a transient error.
Yup, worked fine this morning.

Thanks,
dw
Old Dec 5, 2013, 8:30 am

It doesn't seem to be working on the return flight. That is, no buttons whatsoever. Tried it a couple different times, different routes, same results.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.