Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Changes coming to IAH-GIG.

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2012, 7:31 am
Original Poster

Changes coming to IAH-GIG.

So it looks like starting 9/6-9/7 an sUA domestic 777 will be flying IAH-GIG, and looks like from Jan 2013 on this will be a permanent change. My guess is this aircraft will be flown in from EWR just like the 764 does now, or maybe even IAD/ORD? or maybe it will route GUM-HNL-SFO-IAH-GIG-IAH-SFO-HNL-GUM-NRT etc etc etc.
Old Apr 23, 2012, 7:34 am

Programs: UA MM | BA Silver
As in 2 cabin with domestic F, or sUA domestic that has been converted to 2 cabin BF? I thought Latin America was on fire in terms of premium cabin sales, and could support 3 cabin aircraft. Guess that's not the case.
Old Apr 23, 2012, 7:44 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by anc-ord772
As in 2 cabin with domestic F, or sUA domestic that has been converted to 2 cabin BF? I thought Latin America was on fire in terms of premium cabin sales, and could support 3 cabin aircraft. Guess that's not the case.
Disregard what I just wrote up top. I did a bit more investigating. It will in fact be an sCO 777 operating this route, not the sUA domestic 777.
Old Apr 23, 2012, 7:46 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Saturday night south-bound/Sunday night north-bound already has a sCO 772 on it, FWIW.

There was no chance that they'd pull the premium cabin off this route. It is actually profitable up front.

Last edited by sbm12; Apr 23, 2012 at 7:51 am
Old Apr 23, 2012, 8:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
If they're putting a 777 on US-Brazil, maybe the utilization just works out better, but I don't know how they don't have it on EWR-GRU, which seems to sell out weeks in advance.
Old Apr 23, 2012, 8:41 am

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
It's possible that this routing will essentially replace IAH-LOS, which will go to 787. By January 2013, enough 787s should be in service (with crews qualified) to cover the IAH-LOS flying.

IAH-AKL start date remains to be seen, but expect some guidance on that in the near future.
Old Apr 23, 2012, 9:09 am

Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by sbm12
Saturday night south-bound/Sunday night north-bound already has a sCO 772 on it, FWIW.

There was no chance that they'd pull the premium cabin off this route. It is actually profitable up front.
Exactly. I've adjusted my schedule to be on the Sat/Sun flights twice this year, so as to avoid the 764 BF roulette - they also leave a little later as the 777 is faster than the 764.

It's also a lot easier to find a C seat on the weekend than on the 764 due to all the O/D premium travelers. Whenever I flew during the week with little advanced notice, I had to route through IAD or ORD to be up front. So, good thing it will become a 777 full time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.