Search

PMUA perception of SHARES?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2012, 9:35 am
Suspended

Programs: Mileage Plus in America and Qantas down under
Originally Posted by ibuyyoufly
+1

Yep, having a GUI interface won't help if the functionality you want is not there, and in the case of SHARES, it's not there. I'm not sure who within the Org is still protecting this platform, but they have to be running out of excuses by now and have lost all credibility with whomever. That is, if the new UA Management wants to hold people accountable.

Shameful!
Dude - put your money where your mouth is - go ahead and short United's stock - oh wait - you say you wont - I'll tell you why you wont - 2 reasons -

1.) United stock is on fire and has been skyrocketing upwards - go figure huh - the institutional biggies know they're making all the right moves - unlike you who has already run several major airlines and knows whats best.

2.) You'd prefer that the corporation flying the airplanes you fly on not be suffering so much that they may skimp on things like maintenance.

'nuff said.

Do you folks
Old Jun 8, 2012, 6:00 pm

WOW!!! I saw a lot of "stuff" on this and had to put in my 2 cents.

I have no dog in the hunt since I try and avoid UA and stick with US if at all reasonably possible.

Now a lot of "tech" stuff has been thrown around and yes I work for a "high tech" firm.

We make a hardware/software equipment that can be hard to work with sometimes due to complexity.

1 thing I always tell new apps guys is "You don't fix the system, you fix the customer." In other words if the customer thinks it is broken, it "is broken".

No matter what a fairly large portion of this board and UA's GA's think it is broken.
Old Jun 8, 2012, 6:46 pm

Programs: 2012 Plat-2013 Plat-2014 Silver-2015 GM
Originally Posted by FlyOverVille
Dude - put your money where your mouth is - go ahead and short United's stock - oh wait - you say you wont - I'll tell you why you wont - 2 reasons -

1.) United stock is on fire and has been skyrocketing upwards - go figure huh - the institutional biggies know they're making all the right moves - unlike you who has already run several major airlines and knows whats best.

2.) You'd prefer that the corporation flying the airplanes you fly on not be suffering so much that they may skimp on things like maintenance.

'nuff said.

Do you folks
I've archived your post for future reference. In the short term, thanks for the laugh.
Old Jun 8, 2012, 6:54 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by FlyOverVille
.... 1.) United stock is on fire and has been skyrocketing upwards - go figure huh - the institutional biggies know they're making all the right moves - unlike you who has already run several major airlines and knows whats best. ...
while shorting a stock is not something I would ever recommend an amateur do, I not sure of the basis of your "United stock is on fire"
-- 1 year stock prices for UAL, DAL, LCC and LUV
based on that data you would have done better or the same in all but LUV (WN).
Note the data is similiar for 1 month and past 5 days. UAL is in the lower middle of the pack.
Old Jun 8, 2012, 7:29 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Platinum, Alaksa MVP 75K, Air Berlin Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC
Back on topic...

Any update on the deployment of FastSHARES or if it's even going to get implemented. A good friend of mine at LGA says most are still struggling with complex ticketing/reservation functions, but it's way better than it was at 3/3 (obviously.) Still, they'd prefer something point-and-click based like FastAir.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.