Old Feb 1, 2018, 9:06 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: krazykanuck
Terminal A, North Concourse, across from Gate A9
Term B South Mezzanine, above the United Express ticket counter
C-North, near Gate C1
C-South, near Gate C33
Term E, between Gates E11 and E12 -- Lower level
The Polaris Lounge on the upper levels is presently closed but may reopen 2021Q4

Discussion of the United Clubs at ORD {Archive}

Print Wikipost

Discussion of the United Clubs at IAH

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2018, 7:34 pm

Programs: UA 1K; WN A-List; HH Diamond; Marriott Gold; National EE
Conference Room or Work Areas in IAH UCs?

IAH Lounge gurus,

Next month, I am planning to meet up with a couple of colleagues from Mexico at IAH for a full day working session. We’re all planning to fly in / fly out same day and do our collaboration at the airport. The last time I did this was a couple of years ago. We used a conference room in one of the UCs at IAH (C1 lounge I believe). It worked out nicely— gave us a quiet space to work and had access to all the amenities of the club.

When I looked online to plan to do this again, I am seeing conflicting information whether the conference rooms even exist anymore in the IAH lounges.

1). Did the recent renovations of the IAH UCs eliminate the conference rooms?

2). If so, is there a particular UC at IAH that would be better than the others to work from in the open space? We’d be looking for somewhere reasonably quiet / low trafficked that 3-4 of us could collaborate over our laptops?

3). Is there somewhere other than the UCs within IAH that would be more suitable for this? We’re OK paying for a space if necessary.

Thanks in advance for the help,
Beer Me!
Old Apr 14, 2018, 6:01 am

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by captain_starwood
When is the IAH Polaris lounge planned to open? Saw Q2 previously.

Polaris tracker online says Summer 2018.

Looks like SFO opens April 30
1. You will be able to access all the UA clubs if in Intl Polaris class. Unfortunately, none of them have showers.

2. The Polaris lounge, when open, will have showers. Nobody knows when it will open as it has been repeatedly delayed like all the others. Highly unlikely it will be open in May.

3. Unfortunately, I don’t know of any shower options at IAH at this time. If you’re really wanting one, and your layover is long enough, there are multiple cheap express hotels near the airport. If you’re willing to pay $50 you may be able to find a room at one for the day for a little more than that. These are not by the hour hotels like they have in many Asian airports though, so you’d be renting a room for the night - and only using it for a couple hours.

Sorry to bring bad news- but you get access to the clubs you thought you wouldn’t get!
Old Apr 14, 2018, 8:00 am

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Presently - no.
Did they close the showers in the C33 club? Why on earth would they do that before the Polaris lounge opens? Guess I missed that one...
Old Apr 14, 2018, 11:22 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by HeadInTheClouds
Did they close the showers in the C33 club? Why on earth would they do that before the Polaris lounge opens? Guess I missed that one...
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unit...ited-club.html
Old Apr 15, 2018, 10:58 am

Took 7 pages to find a passing reference to the IAH C33 showers, but yeah, there it is... it seems they aren’t using them. Stunning they wouldn’t at least link this timing-wise to the Polaris club opening since they are just sitting there unused in perfect condition.
Old Apr 15, 2018, 11:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
...Stunning they wouldn’t at least link this timing-wise to the Polaris club opening since they are just sitting there unused in perfect condition.
Actually, you don't know that. They may have had some maintenance or repair issues and decided to close it when they did instead of spending the money on a facility that was going to be shut anyway. Not saying that's the case, but you can't say definitively that they were/are in "perfect condition".
Old Apr 15, 2018, 11:21 am

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Took 7 pages to find a passing reference to the IAH C33 showers, but yeah, there it is... ...
The deeper message of the thread is shower access has been removed from all UCs.
Old Apr 16, 2018, 7:33 am

The deeper message of the thread is shower access has been removed from all UCs.
I get that that’s the long range plan. But to my knowledge, the IAH C33 showers are the only ones presently sitting idle not being used by policy leaving the airport with no other option. The others (EWR A/C, IAH E, ORD) were rendered unavailable due to remodeling/construction. That kind of puts these in a different category IMO... denying otherwise eligible Polaris passengers a shower ‘just because’ they’re not located in the right place.
Old Apr 22, 2018, 1:38 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, United Gold, Virgin Silver
Thanks. Interested to see if they let me into the UC at IAH post Polaris Intl. Pre-Polaris, I don't remember them letting me into a lounge upon arrival.

2 Hr layover, so the room option doesn't work.

Sounds like May is a no for the opening of the Polaris lounge.
Old Apr 22, 2018, 2:12 am

Thanks. Interested to see if they let me into the UC at IAH post Polaris Intl. Pre-Polaris, I don't remember them letting me into a lounge upon arrival. .....
UA allows UC access at all airports (including connecting airports) if traveling "same day" on UA operated international premium cabins. The Polaris Lounge rule is similar for flying UA Polaris cabin plus UCs as a backup.
Old Apr 22, 2018, 11:16 pm

Programs: United Global Services, Ritz-Carlton Rewards Platinum, SPG Ambassador 100 Night
Was in C-North in late march (LAX-IAH-SAT) and it is good though I would say that the recently renovated one at ORD is argurably a little bit better in terms of seating (only when it's not super busy) and in terms of staff.
Old Apr 22, 2018, 11:26 pm

Programs: 1K (since 2008), *G (since 1990), 1MM
IAH I always go to the Centurion lounge. Can be a bit of a trek but so worth it.
Old Apr 23, 2018, 6:48 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, United Gold, Virgin Silver
I'm arriving at IAH from a UA Intl Polaris flight, but connecting onto a domestic flight. In the past, I've had issues pre-Polaris being admitted to UC post-intl J. Is this new with polaris? Or did the dragons not know the post-J intl arrival rule?

Originally Posted by Aussienarelle
IAH I always go to the Centurion lounge. Can be a bit of a trek but so worth it.
If I could find a way to gain access to Centurion, this would allow me to shower.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Apr 23, 2018 at 3:51 pm Reason: merging consecutive posts by same member
Old Apr 23, 2018, 6:53 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
I'm arriving at IAH from a UA Intl Polaris flight, but connecting onto a domestic flight. In the past, I've had issues pre-Polaris being admitted to UC post-intl J. Is this new with polaris? Or did the dragons not know the post-J intl arrival rule?
If you arrived in J on UA metal, you have access.
Old Apr 23, 2018, 7:34 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
In the past, I've had issues pre-Polaris being admitted to UC post-intl J. Is this new with polaris? Or did the dragons not know the post-J intl arrival rule?
The rules have been the same for over five years. A BP scan would grant you access, so if an agent gave you trouble he/she did not know the rules.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.