Problems getting miles credited ?

Old Jun 5, 2012, 5:43 am
Original Poster

Problems getting miles credited ?

I have been a united Gold FF for 12 consecutive years.

This year has been most frustrating getting miles from partner airlines credited.
I have no less than 8 flights so far in 2012 where the miles from a partner have failed to make my account.

Each flight has been a valid mile earning code, and each flight the correct (new) FF number has been entered.

My UA / CO activity is not having any issues and scattered in-between these flights.

I have emailed [email protected] on each occasion, sometimes multiple times and to date 2 flight got credited... this is now 3 months on since submission.

The problems with mileage credit is leading me to believe my account is just broken.. either way I don't want to have to do this after every flight.

American Airlines just offered me a status match to Gold.. I have 4 long haul flights to book before August..more than enough to get me on the road to Long Term AA gold status.. Should I do it ?

Any tips with contacting United, its getting way to frustrating as it is ?
Any one else having these kinds of issues ?
Old Jun 5, 2012, 6:25 am

Programs: UA 1K 2MM
I have flown TG, LH, and TK within the last 3 months - all on qualifying fare classes. The miles posted within 3-4 days after the flights.

Back in Dec/Jan, I flew C on LH and because of the system integration issue at that time, those miles took almost 2 months to post.

I have not had any issues since that time.

Good luck.
Old Jun 5, 2012, 6:39 am

Programs: UA 1K, MR Bonvoy Bonzaiiiii, National EE
My advice to you is to not bother with e-mails... you have to call them to get it sorted out. Be diligent and keep logs of all your calls and what the agent says to you. Be ready to put the initial requests in and then call back 3 weeks later if (when) the flights don't post.

I have had flights on LH and SA this year with the following happenings:
  • SA flights did not post at all, despite my FF # being on the BPs
  • One LH segment posted entirely correct (Go figure!)
  • One LH segment on the same ticket as the previous one and same fare class posted at 50%. Still trying to get this one fixed for 2+ months now.

All in all, I have had 1/4 partner segments automatically post correctly. The two SA segments have been corrected 15 days after calling in, but the LH segment at 50% is still a lingering issue after 2 e-mails and 3 phone calls that I will have to call back in again after another week or two.
Old Jun 5, 2012, 7:18 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG Gold
My US flights last week posted withing 2-3 days to my UA account. Is there a pattern or a particular partner that isn't posting?
Old Jun 5, 2012, 7:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Cargojon
My US flights last week posted withing 2-3 days to my UA account. Is there a pattern or a particular partner that isn't posting?
US seems to post quickly & accurately for some reason. Even faster than UA's own flights posting.
Old Jun 5, 2012, 8:47 am

Programs: UA Gold-MM, AA Gold-MM, F9-Silver, Hyatt Something, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
I am missing miles from UA metal in early April.

It's pathetic. The IT systems of this airline are suitable for a regional airline, and that's about it.
Old Jun 5, 2012, 10:35 am

Programs: UA Gold / *A Gold
Hold onto boarding passes, even AFTER miles have been credited

While I am sure most FT's routainly retain boarding passed until miles are correctly posted, I have been making it a habit to keep them for a couple months AFTER they have been posted, as their are reports of "disappearing" miles. Do you really want to explain/argue in circles with a near powerless overseas based CSR, or just simply fax/scan the boarding passes and let them speak for themselves.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.